District 12-3A D1 Predictions

Guest ECBucFan

WildcatBacker:

I'm referring to thoughts that EC or Buna has a chance to beat Kirbyville. They don't. I know, it has to be settled on the field and it will be. I'm just ending the 'suspense' for anyone that might have delusional thoughts of it being possible........it ain't

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

EC, and Buna too I'm sure, work hard and play their best, HOWEVER, there is no way they can beat that great college team, The University of Kirbyville. I agree Kirbyville should be exempt from playing any district games, since they are so unbeatable. 

Only question remaining is does Kirbyville even need to participate in the playoffs, or, do we simply hand over the State Championship trophy now?   

Wow. Taking things literally much? If your son was doing really well in high school baseball, and someone said that he looked like a young A-Rod.....would you assume that they meant he was ready for pro ball NOW? Of course not. Please, dear God, stop being so naive. The man quoted was just saying that he had seen a very good football team and stated that it was "...like watching a young college team..." He didn't say "They are as good as a college team.." Holy geez.....I over-estimated the intelligence level of some of these posters on here. Lol..

Maybe WildcatBacker took it literally about the "SEC" comment that was put on here.

Ok. I'll ease up. I really will. I know how good Kirbyville is but I see based on me being Mr. Popular all of a sudden, that I guess I've tried shoving them down everyone's throat and that's not fun. It's not what we're here to do. I know what will happen by season's end but I guess how good we are needs to be seen and not read. So, let's talk football. I stand by my picks of 1) Kirbyville, 2) EC, 3) Buna and 4) Kountze for this district. That's what this thread was started for and I apologize for my part of getting it off track. Good luck to Buna and EC on their hunt for 2nd place. :-)

Ok. I'll ease up. I really will. I know how good Kirbyville is but I see based on me being Mr. Popular all of a sudden, that I guess I've tried shoving them down everyone's throat and that's not fun. It's not what we're here to do. I know what will happen by season's end but I guess how good we are needs to be seen and not read. So, let's talk football. I stand by my picks of 1) Kirbyville, 2) EC, 3) Buna and 4) Kountze for this district. That's what this thread was started for and I apologize for my part of getting it off track. Good luck to Buna and EC on their hunt for 2nd place. :-)

lol 2nd place ? C'mon man.

One of your best post (out of the 22) that I have seen WildcatBacker. Don't take it personal. A bold post gets a bold response. Now lets talk football. I see what you did on the hunt for second place. LOL Swap 1 and 2 and you have it. Buna has a lot of seniors on this years team. I saw them scrimmage Newton last year and they gave Newton all they wanted last year in a scrimmage. They did do some live quarters but just not the same.  I would have loved to seen Newton and Buna game instead of scrimmage!!! I think Kirbyville/Buna will be a good game as the week after EC/Buna will be a good game. A lot of good football in this district but time will tell the truth. God Bless everyone Thursday/Friday with no injury's and prayers for quick recovery of the one's that are hurt. I hate to see anyone hurt on any team.

One of your best post (out of the 22) that I have seen WildcatBacker. Don't take it personal. A bold post gets a bold response. Now lets talk football. I see what you did on the hunt for second place. LOL Swap 1 and 2 and you have it. Buna has a lot of seniors on this years team. I saw them scrimmage Newton last year and they gave Newton all they wanted last year in a scrimmage. They did do some live quarters but just not the same.  I would have loved to seen Newton and Buna game instead of scrimmage!!! I think Kirbyville/Buna will be a good game as the week after EC/Buna will be a good game. A lot of good football in this district but time will tell the truth. God Bless everyone Thursday/Friday with no injury's and prayers for quick recovery of the one's that are hurt. I hate to see anyone hurt on any team.

I agree with most everything except I'm gonna keep my #'s 1 & 2. Lol.. I think Buna and EC both have good teams. They've proven it just simply by winning every game they've played so far and deserve respect for that alone. But when trying to compare how well one team will stack up against another team before they actually play, all you can really go by is common opponents for THAT year. Kirbyville beat Newton THIS yr in their scrimmage. We also beat Orangefield by 15 pts whereas Buna only beat them by 1. As far as EC and Kirbyville's common opponents this yr (which are Anahuac, Kountze and Deweyville) Kirbyville has won their games over these opponents by a combined 38 pts more than EC beat them. I know this is all nothing more than stats but it does mean something on forums such as these where discussion is all we're doing. So, I say that Kirbyville is the better of the 3 teams. And so again, good luck to Buna and EC. I can't wait for y'alls game to determine 2nd place.  ;)

I see your logic but understand that EC had greater margin of victory in 2 of the 3 games listed as common opponents. Only the Kountze game was Kirbyville's margin of victory larger.

True, but those two games were both won by EC by 1 pt more and 2 pts more respectively than what Kirbyville beat them by. And they were both 3+ TD wins (blowouts) by both teams, so that 1 & 2 pt difference was basically conversion choices, or missed conversions. The Kountze game is the difference in that they gave EC fits all night just like they did Corrigan-Camden and Hardin-Jefferson. But, Kirbyville handled them easily....winning by 42 pts. Now why do you think Kirbyville handled them so much easier? Hmmmm.....what could be the reason?  :P

I think common played teams is awesome for conversation, but it has the potential to make someone look like a fool when it comes to game time. Lol.. Take for instance this year....who thinks Buna could beat WO-S? Just the thought of it would make most people laugh their a--es off. But look...Buna beat Orangefield, Orangefiled beat Newton and Newton beat WO-S. Soooooo......would Buna beat WO-S? Don't be so quick to dismiss it as a possibility if you go by common played opponents. 

I agree with most everything except I'm gonna keep my #'s 1 & 2. Lol.. I think Buna and EC both have good teams. They've proven it just simply by winning every game they've played so far and deserve respect for that alone. But when trying to compare how well one team will stack up against another team before they actually play, all you can really go by is common opponents for THAT year. Kirbyville beat Newton THIS yr in their scrimmage. We also beat Orangefield by 15 pts whereas Buna only beat them by 1. As far as EC and Kirbyville's common opponents this yr (which are Anahuac, Kountze and Deweyville) Kirbyville has won their games over these opponents by a combined 38 pts more than EC beat them. I know this is all nothing more than stats but it does mean something on forums such as these where discussion is all we're doing. So, I say that Kirbyville is the better of the 3 teams. And so again, good luck to Buna and EC. I can't wait for y'alls game to determine 2nd place.  ;)

Dew game we know that we both took foot off the gas which you can not use. That Ana game EC won by 23 and Kirby won by 21. The Kountze game against Kirby they where not 100% and EC they where. So by your logic EC is the better team. LOL That my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL We will know a little more Oct 17. :rolleyes:

Looks like Teague will throw the ball. I know these teams may not be the strongest but good #'s. QB might run the ball.

Week 1 (August 28th-August 30th):

Austin Skinner, QB, Teague, 24-32 passing for 439-yards, 8-TD's, W/Lexington 76-33.
Week 2 (September 4th-September 6th):

Austin Skinner, QB, Teague, 20-28 passing for 375-yards, 3-TD's, 8-carries for 53-yards, 1-TD, W/Mexia 61-32