District 12-3A D1 Predictions

you like crow ? You might get a big ole plate of it my friend

I've seen kirbyville twice lol y'all are one of the top 3a teams in the state and I have y'all winning district.. Just saying kirbyville looks like a college team is just foolish lol

I'm not 100% sure of the yr, but I think it was around 2007 or 2008. Buna was doing better than they ever had in their history. They finished the regular season 9-1 and that one loss was to district champ EC... by one pt because of a failed two pt conversion. (They did not play Kirbyville that yr btw) Well anyway, they were riding a high that they'd never known. As luck would have it though, they drew Newton in the 1st round of the playoffs. I was working with a young man that was from Buna and he was just completely convinced that because of Buna's success so far, they were 'finally' going to beat the all-mighty Newton. I could not convince him otherwise despite telling him numerous times that Newton was just simply a different animal. Buna had done some great things that year but they were facing a team that they simply were not in the same class of. Well, Newton blew them out something like 55-8 and I was proven right then....just like I will be now. Look, do I think Kirbyville is as good as any college team? No. I don't think the person saying that meant it that way either....he was just overly stating how good we looked to him. But I think you guys (EC and Buna) are letting the success you're having do the same thing it did to the young man I worked with. Kirbyville is the better team and you will see that soon enough, starting on Oct 17th.

Guest ECBucFan

But I think you guys (EC and Buna) are letting the success you're having do the same thing it did to the young man I worked with. Kirbyville is the better team and you will see that soon enough, starting on Oct 17th.

I don't presume to speak for Buna, but don't see any outrageous trash talk emanating from any EC poster. You are trying to paint a picture that does not exist.

I don't presume to speak for Buna, but don't see any outrageous trash talk emanating from any EC poster. You are trying to paint a picture that does not exist.

I'm not referring to any outrageous trash talk. I'm referring to thoughts that EC or Buna has a chance to beat Kirbyville. They don't. I know, it has to be settled on the field and it will be. I'm just ending the 'suspense' for anyone that might have delusional thoughts of it being possible........it ain't. Ask the '08 Shelbyville team that was 5-0 and came into Kirbyville with heads so filled up from wins that they ran to the middle of the field and jumped on our logo. Lol.. We beat them 60-8. Ask the '10 Jasper Bulldogs that boasted about how they'd beaten Huntington (Lol...Huntington?) worse than we'd beat them. Kirbyville won that game 63-8. Would have been 70-8 if Coach Alavarez hadn't just downed the ball at the 2 in the final seconds. Look, hope is a good thing. It really is. But anyone left to face Kirbyville in this district has no hope. They will only be let down really hard when their Fri night comes. Remember the name WildcatBacker. You heard it here first..

I'm not referring to any outrageous trash talk. I'm referring to thoughts that EC or Buna has a chance to beat Kirbyville. They don't. I know, it has to be settled on the field and it will be. I'm just ending the 'suspense' for anyone that might have delusional thoughts of it being possible........it ain't. Ask the '08 Shelbyville team that was 5-0 and came into Kirbyville with heads so filled up from wins that they ran to the middle of the field and jumped on our logo. Lol.. We beat them 60-8. Ask the '10 Jasper Bulldogs that boasted about how they'd beaten Huntington (Lol...Huntington?) worse than we'd beat them. Kirbyville won that game 63-8. Would have been 70-8 if Coach Alavarez hadn't just downed the ball at the 2 in the final seconds. Look, hope is a good thing. It really is. But anyone left to face Kirbyville in this district has no hope. They will only be let down really hard when their Fri night comes. Remember the name WildcatBacker. You heard it here first..

let's just cancel the season. Crown y'all champs and move on. Lol. No need to play the games....

Comparing any high school team IN THE STATE to a college program is a complete joke and shows nothing but pure ignorance. You can take Allen HS,in my opinion the best football team in the country, and have them come play Lamar and Lamar would STOMP them. That's the difference between high school and college. Kirbyville is a VERY good highschool team on the 3A level. But they, or any other 3A team for that matter, couldn't even compete with top 5A programs, much less 6A or collegiate level programs.

I've seen kirbyville twice lol y'all are one of the top 3a teams in the state and I have y'all winning district.. Just saying kirbyville looks like a college team is just foolish lol

Exactly. Lol out of all the foolish things I've heard during the season to this point....that is BY FAR the most ignorant. Comparing a 3A highschool team to a college program. Lol what a joke. They couldn't stay on the field with the worst JuCo program in the state. Much less a larger school.

Exactly. Lol out of all the foolish things I've heard during the season to this point....that is BY FAR the most ignorant. Comparing a 3A highschool team to a college program. Lol what a joke. They couldn't stay on the field with the worst JuCo program in the state. Much less a larger school.

Wow. Taking things literally much? If your son was doing really well in high school baseball, and someone said that he looked like a young A-Rod.....would you assume that they meant he was ready for pro ball NOW? Of course not. Please, dear God, stop being so naive. The man quoted was just saying that he had seen a very good football team and stated that it was "...like watching a young college team..." He didn't say "They are as good as a college team.." Holy geez.....I over-estimated the intelligence level of some of these posters on here. Lol..

Wow. Taking things literally much? If your son was doing really well in high school baseball, and someone said that he looked like a young A-Rod.....would you assume that they meant he was ready for pro ball NOW? Of course not. Please, dear God, stop being so naive. The man quoted was just saying that he had seen a very good football team and stated that it was "...like watching a young college team..." He didn't say "They are as good as a college team.." Holy geez.....I over-estimated the intelligence level of some of these posters on here. Lol..

Okay so your theory is that we shoul take everything you or anyone else says lightly on this board? You can't cover up a dumb comment by trying to make it seem less important. If you're gonna come on here and joke about completely illogical bull crap like what you posted yesterday, make it evident that it's a joke. And you over-estimated whose intelligence? Lol sir I think you're getting a little over your head with this whole "hiding behind a computer screen" thing you're doing. You're going to look extremely dumb if Kirbyville loses in district. And, personally, I'll be the first one to shove it right down your throat. But then again, you probably won't even come back on here once that happens. Lol
Comparing a high school team to a college program is the naive thing. Whether you're joking or not. It's almost discrediting collegiate programs by doing that. If you don't want people to take things literally, then either make it clear that you didn't mean it literally or don't post dumb stuff like that.

wildcatbacker...I know you take alot of pride in your team. Their was a fellow on here before from Kirbyville "pride 1980" Everybody thought he was over the top, but now he is given top honors for being the truest of fans...He made some wild comments, but everyone knew where is heart was. I think your heart is in the right spot but, sometimes you have to take the hype with a grain of salt and take caution in what you get behind. A statement like that only shows how shallow a persons knowledge is about the game. You should have said "hey guys here is a funny and outreagous statement...I love our boys and we have a very good team, but this is over the top" then we would have all had a big laugh. Your problem you embraced the comment and tried like heck to defend your support...IMO Kirbyville can stop at "The Butch" on the way to Lamar...save some gas and play a pick-up game with West Brook and get all you want and thats even silly! Kirbyville will go far, so take pride in your success not over the top comments. 

wildcatbacker...I know you take alot of pride in your team. Their was a fellow on here before from Kirbyville "pride 1980" Everybody thought he was over the top, but now he is given top honors for being the truest of fans...He made some wild comments, but everyone knew where is heart was. I think your heart is in the right spot but, sometimes you have to take the hype with a grain of salt and take caution in what you get behind. A statement like that only shows how shallow a persons knowledge is about the game. You should have said "hey guys here is a funny and outreagous statement...I love our boys and we have a very good team, but this is over the top" then we would have all had a big laugh. Your problem you embraced the comment and tried like heck to defend your support...IMO Kirbyville can stop at "The Butch" on the way to Lamar...save some gas and play a pick-up game with West Brook and get all you want and thats even silly! Kirbyville will go far, so take pride in your success not over the top comments. 

I still got a good laugh!

An old phrase from an old coach " If your gonna talk the talk you gotta walk the walk" so shut up and everyone put your walking shoes on. One last not Buna and EC " get your popcorn ready and enjoy the show"

"out of all the foolish things I've heard during the season to this point.....that is BY FAR the most ignorant"

Calling this District the "Little SEC" was right up there with it

Yeah, not exactly. That was a little more reasonable. Because there certain comparisons. There are no reasonable comparisons to the statement he quoted. At all. Plus, mine may have been an over-exaggeration, but it was purely for entertainment and topic of discussion (which has worked quite well obviously), not to unfairly put my team on a pedestal above every other team in the district.

Just in case anyone is curious, here's a copy and paste quote from someone that went to a Kirbyville game that is NOT FROM Kirbyville. This is from a news page that posted on fb about the game and this person responded... " if yall go, let's re-phrase, when yall go to state this year. I'm going to ask (name deleted) to travel with yall. You are right , watching Kirbyville play is like watching a young college team play." (this is a non-biased bystander watching the game. Take it for what it's worth)

Yea, I laugh out loud when I read this. Well, here we go.

Somebody told me, I will not say who. LOL

Our team would have schedule Texas A&M for preseason but last year we beat them so bad we didn’t want to embarrass them again. Man our Kids were eating thunder and craping lightning. There won’t be another team in our district that will touch us without getting hurt.

P.S. The first liar don’t have a chance. LOL

P.S.S. Our team can be who ever you want. Heck it can be Kirbyville.

That is a lot of crap coming out of that cat. I think we have a new Kitty Litter.