District 12-3A D1 Predictions

Without a doubt this District is a beast as is the whole Region of Doom
Three great teams at the top
Just check this board every once in awhile scoping the Bi District Competition Malakoff Tiger here
Someone asked about Rockdale they beat Yoe last week and are vey legit
Don't overlook Glen Rose either like Buna down a class and were 2 rounds last year in that class and 4 rounds the year before that

thanks cowboy 620. I've been looking ahead a little bit also. Rockdale sure looks like a handful

Teague and Malakoff decide 1-2 next Friday in Malakoff

Elkhart and. Westwood 3/4 that game those two don't like each other and will be a testy game they had a big brawl at a track meet couple years ago and are 15 miles apart
We saw Westwood Friday good wing t team with 2 speedsters in the backfield there defense though is not very good
Will see Elkhart this week and think they will have a better defense they will be well coached and hard nosed Coach Wells does a great job there

Btw Harris has Kirbyville at 7th with 226 Power ranking EC at 15 with a 218 and Buna at 17 with 217
I know there are a whole lot of polls out there
Harris has been around a long time and they were the first ones to put the formula of power ranking
They provide a line on each game and the home team gets plus 3 through the years how close they are is uncanny
So by formula they should have Kville by 12 over Buna

Wow. This is awesome. Thank you for posting this. Kirbyville is the only team in 3a with a top 5 offense AND defense. I hope we can continue this trend, but we've got Buna and EC coming up so I'm not sure if it'll happen. Very nice to see though up to this point.

Guest ECBucFan

I would not bet my check on Elkhart either Westwood has 2 speed merchants that can change a game but they have no defense and don't show a whole lot of desire to play defense

They sound like a twin of Corrigan-Camden.

Wow. This is awesome. Thank you for posting this. Kirbyville is the only team in 3a with a top 5 offense AND defense. I hope we can continue this trend, but we've got Buna and EC coming up so I'm not sure if it'll happen. Very nice to see though up to this point.

EC not too far behind on offense with 36.8 and Kirbyville with 45.2. Maybe EC can sneek up on YA!! :ph34r: LOL It will say even more with the tough games coming for both teams. I really don't like beating teams by over 30 points so if you have a good defense that holds the other team you have to take starters out. Which could skew the numbers on offense. I'm not saying this is the case, but it could be.

EC not too far behind on offense with 36.8 and Kirbyville with 45.2. Maybe EC can sneek up on YA!! :ph34r: LOL It will say even more with the tough games coming for both teams. I really don't like beating teams by over 30 points so if you have a good defense that holds the other team you have to take starters out. Which could skew the numbers on offense. I'm not saying this is the case, but it could be.

Yea I noticed EC's offense wasn't too far behind. Man I am really hoping that we both beat Buna and head into the final game undefeated. Nothing personal against Buna. Lord knows it won't be an easy task for either of us to beat them, but I love those kinds of match-ups. Lol.. Time will tell.

Will say I'm not going to pick against my Tigers game is a tossup in the Harris Poll we are Number 1 with 235 power ranking and they are number 2 with 233 power
We are also at home and have won 13 straight there have not lost at home since 2011 against Crockett week 10

3. Elkhart
4. Westwood

Crockett had a pretty good team that year. Lost by 1 point to Tatum in the Quarter Finals.

Yea I noticed EC's offense wasn't too far behind. Man I am really hoping that we both beat Buna and head into the final game undefeated. Nothing personal against Buna. Lord knows it won't be an easy task for either of us to beat them, but I love those kinds of match-ups. Lol.. Time will tell.

You will have two match up's if that happens. This week and last week of district.