District 12-3A D1 Predictions

First off to say u had one of the best defense in state i think is a stretch but one of the best in district. I have a hard time rationalizing that a team had one of the best Ds in state but finished 4th in their district.

Also i completly disagree with ur depth opinion..i think at this level or any level its a huge advantage to have good depth

Read correctly my friend...I said " top performing" and I did not qualify any range of of performance...assumption is the mother of all screw-ups!

I sure hope you guys have all your superstars playing because I don't wanna see excuses posted on here. I've talked with several kids from that Kville squad...they're ready for Kountze that's all I'm gonna say.

I promise u I will not make excuse one if you win and if you win district I will congratulate you guys and I will pull for you in the playoffs. I was blessed to have an opportunity to play post high school and it did not happen by making excuses and it did not happen by being conceited and self absorbed! Your kids have the makings of a good team as does your community...

I promise u I will not make excuse one if you win and if you win district I will congratulate you guys and I will pull for you in the playoffs. I was blessed to have an opportunity to play post high school and it did not happen by making excuses and it did not happen by being conceited and self absorbed! Your kids have the makings of a good team as does your community...

Agree! and thanks for directing that at him. I know just about everyone of these kids..they are far from conceited and no where near overbearing and over confident as their fans on here.

My predictions:
1. Kountze (6-1)
2. Buna (6-1)
3. East Chambers (5-2)
4. Kirbyville (4-3)
5. Woodville (4-3)
6. Warren (2-5)
7. Hardin (1-6)
8. Anahuac (0-7)
1. Kountze (6-1)
-I believe they beat Anahuac, Hardin, Woodville, Warren, Buna, and East Chambers. I believe they lose to Kirbyville.
2. Buna (6-1)
-I believe they beat Kirbyville, Warren, Woodville, East Chambers, Hardin, and Anahuac. They lose to Kountze.
3. East Chambers (5-2)
- I believe they beat Kirbyville, Warren, Hardin, Anahuac, and Woodville. Lose to Buna and Kountze.
4. Kirbyville (4-3)
-I believe they beat Warren, Hardin, Anahuac, and Kountze. Lose to Woodville, Buna, and East Chambers.
5. Woodville (4-3)
-I believe they beat Anahuac, Hardin, Warren, and Kirbyville. Lose to Kountze, Buna, and East Chambers.
6. Warren (2-5)
-I believe they beat Anahuac and Hardin. Lose to Woodville, Buna, East Chambers, Kountze, and Kirbyville.
7. Hardin (1-6)
-I believe they beat Anahuac. Lose to Warren, Woodville, Kirbyville, East Chambers, Buna, and Kountze.
8. Anahuac (0-7)
-I believe they lose to Hardin, Warren, Woodville, Kirbyville, East Chambers, Buna, and Warren.
Kountze:
They'll be the offensive powerhouse of the district and shouldn't have much of a problem scoring points if the line can hold up well. Easily the most athletic team in the entire district this year. The only point of interest is the defense. How will try respond to losing a few key starters? I believe they respond very well beside a blunder to Kirbyville.
Players to watch:
Grayland Arnold / Jr. / ATH.
Justin Harper / Sr. / QB
Buna:
I don't know much about Buna. But I do know they were competitive in a tough 3A (now 4A) district last year. They seem to get better and better every year and should be very physical and tough. Two things that could be difficult for this district to deal with.
Players to watch: ??
East Chambers:
The Bucs return a lot of speed this year from a playoff team last year. They should be very competitive and very well-coached. But I'm not convinced that they'll be big enough or experienced enough on the defensive side of the ball to win the entire district.
Kirbyville:
Kirbyville doesn't return much experience and lost a lot from last years squad. But they also return a lot of young players who are hungry to take over the reigns and continue the winning. I do think the lack of experience will catch up to them when try travel to take on a Woodville squad with a bad taste in it's mouth after a narrow loss last year.
Woodville:
Woodville will return several starters this year, including quarterback Marqui Jackson. They'll be more experienced and coming in with a new coach who I believe will instill a tougher, more disciplined attitude that the Eagles need. I believe they'll be much better than last year, but a playoff birth may be a stretch.
Players to watch:
Marqui Jackson / Sr. / QB
Tre Barclay / Jr. / RB
Warren:
Another Tyler County team coming in with a new coach and presumably a new attitude. The Warriors lose a lot of talent. And although there will be what seems to be a better coaching regime in place, I don't believe it will be able to make up for what they lost.
Players to watch:
Chance McGallion / Jr. / RB
Hardin:
Hardin returns a lot of talent and some experience from a squad that underachieved last year. I don't believe that this season will be much better from a win-loss standpoint. But I do believe they're headed in the right direction and should compete much better than last year.
Player to watch: ??
Anahuac:
I think Anahuac will be way down from last year. I don't see them competing much at all. But I could be wrong. I don't know too much about them.

I'm still tickled about these ridiculous predictions. Kmsl

You should probably try to freshen your view on the scene. This is 500+ comments and over a month and a half later. Things change all the time in football and very rarely are predictions 100% accurate.

Guest ECBucFan

I appreciate EW#1's input on our district. Obviously he put some time and effort into writing his thoughts. I can respectfully disagree and still appreciate his (or anyone's elses)  input, absent trash talk, which there is none here. As far as being "ridiculous", I doubt it. I believe he got the 4 playoff teams correct.

Thanks EW#1, and keep up the good work. 

Yeah but u know better than posting that kind of prediction. The JV team is a force is what's scary.

I watched both. And I'm humble enough to admit that I underrated Kirbyville. But I'm also very realistic and know the game of football quite well. Kirbyville is by no means a lock to win this district. They may very well do it, but they will be tested often. A stout OL/DL is what beat Newton.
And I even had Kirbyville beating Kountze. Is that ridiculous?

Eagle,  I too appreciate the effort and hard work.  Very informative and as accurate as you could be at the time u posted.  You owe no explanation to him or anyone.  Keep up the good work. 

1980,  that comment was pretty low

rykerx144 how was that low?? Nothing informative and accurate about none of his post in regards to the Cats.

I appreciate EW#1's input on our district. Obviously he put some time and effort into writing his thoughts. I can respectfully disagree and still appreciate his (or anyone's elses) input, absent trash talk, which there is none here. As far as being "ridiculous", I doubt it. I believe he got the 4 playoff teams correct.

Thanks EW#1, and keep up the good work.

Me too, but I just had to mess with him about us going 4-3. That's a bold prediction against a team that went 9-1 last season and didn't lose anybody that's a factor on this year squad.

A very good friend of mine is tight with a coach in Newton and he said Newton had their number 2's in mst of the scrimmage and they were not at all impressed with K-ville running game. Said it was not that Fast and was predictable??? Not my words and I did not see the scrimmage but is a stark difference between thisand what's being forwarded on this forum...gives merit to Eagle's take on things...I'm not taking shots just conversation...

well then you will be pleased to know that the speed we talk about in the rb spot didnt even suite up. 

im not too worried about the predictiable comment either.  It was a practice I didnt see much out of the playbook but a few plays.  Much like Newton,,you talk about predictable..they only ran like 4 plays all nite

A very good friend of mine is tight with a coach in Newton and he said Newton had their number 2's in mst of the scrimmage and they were not at all impressed with K-ville running game. Said it was not that Fast and was predictable??? Not my words and I did not see the scrimmage but is a stark difference between thisand what's being forwarded on this forum...gives merit to Eagle's take on things...I'm not taking shots just conversation...

Man you keep believing that if you want to. #21 is only a Sophomore and had his way against Newton. Kirbyville have some speed bro. All Newton really have is Elam. Jace Thomas did ok, but if these two teams played in a real game...I will take Kirbyville without a doubt for the win.