2014 Dayton Broncos district placing and playoffs

Dayton should be #1 seed for D2 representing 21-5a, matching up with PNG in the first round (I expect) and win that one handily. In the second round against either Texas City or Marshall (maybe Ridge Point, depending on what Bush has coming back), I expect a close win out of Dayton. In the third round I see them losing to Brenham, who I expect to win the region in D2.

Dayton should be #1 seed for D2 representing 21-5a, matching up with PNG in the first round (I expect) and win that one handily. In the second round against either Texas City or Marshall (maybe Ridge Point, depending on what Bush has coming back), I expect a close win out of Dayton. In the third round I see them losing to Brenham, who I expect to win the region in D2.

PNG should be #1 seed in D2 playing either Crosby or King

Dayton should win district but I still think they are a year way from making a deep playoff run. Had a ton of sophomores starting last year and even brought up a freshman offensive lineman who started the last couple of games. Turnovers no running game and not being able to stop any body from running hurt dayton last year. Lots to work on but should have a good team.

If Nederland goes D1 then yes, I'd would expect PNG to be #1 seed in D2. However, I see Central and GCM getting the 3rd and 4th playoff spots respectively, which would put Nederland in D2. Nederland's enrollment is less than Central, isn't it?

Yes, Central and GCM have a higher enrollment.  Lee has less.

I thought if GCM went D1 with Central, then Ned will go D2 with PN-G. Explain please, sort it out for me :D

Central isnt going to lay an egg versus GCM, for GCM to make the playoffs they will need to beat 1 or both Mid-county schools (assuming Ozen handles business)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics