20-4A Scores Round 14

Or three teams meet and flip. Odd team gets a bye. Other two play each other Friday and the winner plays the bye team Saturday.

Done and settled on the field by wins and losses. Heck they could even do a double header Friday Night in Beaumont or at Goose Creek, heck even BH (so they could scout).

If the run differential is total district then PNG would get the playoff spot (PNG +33, Lumb +26, Liv -11), but I sure hope it doesn't come down to any run-differential (even if we benefit) it should be played out.

If it does poor Central could lose 100-0 next year in a game.

I believe the hold up is because there was a question about how the run differential is calculated. I believe the rule book says total season differential not head to head of teams tied. They are waiting on a state clarification of the rule.

Why would the State get involved?

UIL will tell you that they have no bearing on how each district decides its playoff participants other than a date by which it should be reported.

Or three teams meet and flip. Odd team gets a bye. Other two play each other Friday and the winner plays the bye team Saturday.

Done and settled on the field by wins and losses. Heck they could even do a double header Friday Night in Beaumont or at Goose Creek, heck even BH (so they could scout).

If the run differential is total district then PNG would get the playoff spot (PNG +33, Lumb +26, Liv -11), but I sure hope it doesn't come down to any run-differential (even if we benefit) it should be played out.

This is the correct way to do it in my opinion. And its fair to all teams involved.

I agree.  Pick a neutral field like Beaumont and play a DH on Friday or Saturday.  Run differential tiebreakers will just encourage teams to leave in their starters and try and keep scoring.  It's about W's and L's.  How would you know that your Feb 25th game would end up being a run differential game?  It's all hindsight now.  Forget the run differential stats and play the games.       

Just imagine being a senior on one of these teams. Do you think you could concentrate on school when you're not sure if you've played your final game? Lemoine says she believes it's the district voting on it. It's sad that the coaches involved aren't even sure. The tiebreaker system in districts has to be cleared up in the future to prevent this.

Thats clear as mud.
"If there is no winner, head to head, points scored, and points scored against will determine the 4th place spot."

So with the commas does it mean if there is no head to head winner you use point diff (total or amongst ties) or or does it mean head to head point diff?

Then it clearly states you play a three team tourny like mentioned above. Why wouldnt this just be top of the page and get rid of all of the other BS.

Local 3As playoff all ties 1st through 4th as does 19 4A and 184A.

The commas is what makes everything confusing.
It should be listed.
Tiebreaker 1
Tiebreaker 2
Etc.

I understand you would think just go in order listed. But a coach eliminated could say it's not clear. The commas make it seem like you combine all tiebreakers. Not to mention it doesn't say if it's against ALL opponents or teams involved in tiebreaker.

Lumberton and Livingston will have a one game playoff to decide 4th spot in 20-4A. #12SportsSETX

Horse Shit!!!!!
So your gonna tell a group of girls, some of which are seniors, who beat the same exact teams as the other two teams, that their wins were good enough to warrant a playoff, but yours werent!!!!