Deweyville Open

I heard Deweyville coaches use to have to clean stadium after home games, any truth to that?

They had to put up all the equipment that was used on the field. When I was a freshman/sophomore I would help the coaches with doing that.

They had to put up all the equipment that was used on the field. When I was a freshman/sophomore I would help the coaches with doing that.

All 1A-2A along with most 3A have to set up equipment before a game and put up all equipment after the game. Many do the most hated task of all: striping the fields on Wednesday night after practice.  

You need to go on a field trip my friend.  Just because things are done a certain way in this part of the state doesn't mean it's done everywhere.

Ok, it goes with being a 1A or 2A coach everywhere but the one extremely wealthy place you are referencing.

Ok, it goes with being a 1A or 2A coach everywhere but the one extremely wealthy place you are referencing.

89falcon is right this time...in 90% of 1A and 2A schools, and some 3A schools as well, the coaches maintain the fields and do the striping, equipment set up etc.

Ok, it goes with being a 1A or 2A coach everywhere but the one extremely wealthy place you are referencing.

Don't talk down to me.. like I'm ignorant or something. You seem to know quite a bit about what you're taking about most of the time on here..

But I'm telling you it's a fact. There are more small schools across the state than you think, where a school administrator (like an athletic director) does not have to do an 8$/hour job during the day. Like mow the field.

I personally think SETx is 10 years behind. But I bet there is not a single school in...say Liberty County... where the head fb coach mows the field.

Don't talk down to me.. like I'm ignorant or something. You seem to know quite a bit about what you're taking about most of the time on here..

But I'm telling you it's a fact. There are more small schools across the state than you think, where a school administrator (like an athletic director) does not have to do an 8$/hour job during the day. Like mow the field.

I personally think SETx is 10 years behind. But I bet there is not a single school in...say Liberty County... where the head fb coach mows the field.

Negative.

I saw the coach in Chester mowing yesterday. He is responsible for all of his field maintenance, striping, etc.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Chester AD teaches a full class load and is probably the asst principal as well. I'm pretty sure they shot the movie Deliverance out there in Chester.

Is he going to be able to bring anyone with him, or does he have to use the staff already in place?

He should be able to hire some more coaches. Not sure though. There's only 4 guy's coaches and I'm not sure if 2 of those will be coaching next year.

This Chester bashing going on is senseless and stupid.

I'm not bashing Chester. Someone implied that if the AD at Chester had to now their field...then every small school AD mowed their field.

No..schools like Chester would not understand that 60k+ employees don't have to do minimum wage jobs.