Looks Like Livingston AD and HC is Open

• 2 weeks later...

This was huge mistake Livingston had the worst program in the state before his arrival if things dont change in November they will be lucky to win five games total over the next five years.

The offense isn't a problem.  Plenty of people don't like it but Rowe was plenty good at it.  However, incase you don't know, he is absolutly terrible to work for.  I haven't met many people who can speak highly of him.  It is simply time for a change...the kids need it. the community needs it, and what strong coaches are left could use it too. 

The offense isn't a problem.  Plenty of people don't like it but Rowe was plenty good at it.  However, incase you don't know, he is absolutly terrible to work for.  I haven't met many people who can speak highly of him.  It is simply time for a change...the kids need it. the community needs it, and what strong coaches are left could use it too. 

Sounds like someone who wants his job, if you got it, we would be back where we were before he came home.

Sounds like someone who wants his job, if you got it, we would be back where we were before he came home.

I worked in Livingston ISD for 10 years (not in Athletics Dept.) and watched a constant exodus of good coaches from that program. They left for other schools, became assistant principals taking a pay cut, and anything else they could do to get out of that program. There are a bunch of people who would agree with jimbo, and not just because they want that job.

I'm not saying coach Rowe was perfect, none of us are. I didn't always agree with everything he did, but then again there were things I agreed with him that he did with (his program). He was in charge, he did it his way, which didn't set well with some people. But you can't please everybody when you are in such a position as he was. Those people who didn't do their research before accepting a job in his program, have nobody to blame but themsleves. I believe once you decide to work for someone and give your best and realize it's not going to work out, be man enough to go to their face and let them know, then leave. Trust me I know some very good coaches who wouldn't take the job after researching and realizing it was not a good fit for them, but said that every man has to run his program his way. You can't take away from the man that he is the best coach they had since coach Bush, who we lost because they wouldn't pay enough to put up with these people politics, he won because he did it his way. And the only way Rowe did as good as he did was because he did it his way, which rubbed some people the wrong way. Any coach who takes this job and can't run his program will be a fool, and his coaching career will be ruined.       

Sounds like someone who wants his job, if you got it, we would be back where we were before he came home.

LMAO over and over...I'm not interested in that job.  I'm pushing for Arlidge actually.  Best decision the district can make.  Utilize someone with head coaching experience and someone who knows the kids and community.  Someon who saw how Rowe did it and will do it even better.

I'm not saying coach Rowe was perfect, none of us are. I didn't always agree with everything he did, but then again there were things I agreed with him that he did with (his program). He was in charge, he did it his way, which didn't set well with some people. But you can't please everybody when you are in such a position as he was. Those people who didn't do their research before accepting a job in his program, have nobody to blame but themsleves. I believe once you decide to work for someone and give your best and realize it's not going to work out, be man enough to go to their face and let them know, then leave. Trust me I know some very good coaches who wouldn't take the job after researching and realizing it was not a good fit for them, but said that every man has to run his program his way. You can't take away from the man that he is the best coach they had since coach Bush, who we lost because they wouldn't pay enough to put up with these people politics, he won because he did it his way. And the only way Rowe did as good as he did was because he did it his way, which rubbed some people the wrong way. Any coach who takes this job and can't run his program will be a fool, and his coaching career will be ruined.      

Sweeny has a job opening!!  That Sup and Rowe would get along perfect!! :D

Come bimbo, did Rowe run you off, or Sweeny Sup? :D  

Actually, once upon a time, Rowe called a co worker of mine one summer.  A coach on his staff recommended my buddy for a position and he called  to see if he was interested in coming to livingston.  Mind you this was during our current school's junior high football camp.  Now, a lot of districts will have a kids camp or junior high camps before the they start two a days.  So if you know anything about that time frame, that is normally in late july, like the last week of july, when we are already locked into our contracts.  I was kind of shocked that he would call so late to look for a spot and why the spot was open.  Come to find out he was trying to find someone to replace a coach on his staff who was just approved for hire to be the ad/hc in another district.  In conclusion Rowe didn't let that coach out of his contract because he couldn't find a replacement.  He refused to let a coach go receive both monitary and career promotions.  So from that experience alone is where I started to form my opinion on your friends character.  As far as sweeny goes, I hear the sup ran off a very good coach and that seems to be a similar trend of those two gentlemen.  This meeting is a journ!!! :P  

Actually, once upon a time, Rowe called a co worker of mine one summer.  A coach on his staff recommended my buddy for a position and he called  to see if he was interested in coming to livingston.  Mind you this was during our current school's junior high football camp.  Now, a lot of districts will have a kids camp or junior high camps before the they start two a days.  So if you know anything about that time frame, that is normally in late july, like the last week of july, when we are already locked into our contracts.  I was kind of shocked that he would call so late to look for a spot and why the spot was open.  Come to find out he was trying to find someone to replace a coach on his staff who was just approved for hire to be the ad/hc in another district.  In conclusion Rowe didn't let that coach out of his contract because he couldn't find a replacement.  He refused to let a coach go receive both monitary and career promotions.  So from that experience alone is where I started to form my opinion on your friends character.  As far as sweeny goes, I hear the sup ran off a very good coach and that seems to be a similar trend of those two gentlemen.  This meeting is a journ!!! :P  

LOL don't cut off my microphone please :D :D and adjourn this meeting!!   If you are right about all that, it's wrong. But as a taxpayer I just hope our school board didn't make a mistake that they will regret and end up costing the taxpayer money as in the past. I hope we get a good coach, pay him for what he's worth, let him run his program. And for God sake, stop making mistakes when building schools and build these kids a stadium with all the money they are wasting.