North Shore job just opened

ATWILDCAT

Would be INCREDIBLY stupid of Coach Ford. 

1. Facilities at SC are incredible

2. Expectations are lower

3. Higher average income, and will have similar talent as NS. 

4. He is already a Head Coach, getting paid very well.   You don't leave Humble ISD for Galena Park ISD. 

4. He is already a Head Coach, getting paid very well.   You don't leave Humble ISD for Galena Park ISD. 

Bigger question: Can he keep the Channelview/other East Houston area pipeline going to NS if he was to go there? LOL

He would be stupid if he was offered the job and didn't leave. SC might have a slight advantage in facilities but that's about it. NS has nearly twice the kids SC does, the talent levels aren't close. Expectations are lower at SC because they've never won big, they also now play in a much harder district than NS with less talent to compete with. NS has been undefeated in the regular season probably 8 of the last 12 years. Incomes don't really mean anything, NS still produces the most d1 and NFL players in Texas other than Dallas Skyline. Also, are you positive that Ford makes more money at SC than he would at NS? Aymond is moving to the AD job which makes the HC at North Shore and Galena Park assistant ADs, that leaves two ways for the money be split up among the district's coaches. Humble ISD has more people but they also have an AD and 5 assistant ADs to pay which probably brings the salaries down. I think North Shore is the better job, hands down.

He would be stupid if he was offered the job and didn't leave. SC might have a slight advantage in facilities but that's about it. NS has nearly twice the kids SC does, the talent levels aren't close. Expectations are lower at SC because they've never won big, they also now play in a much harder district than NS with less talent to compete with. NS has been undefeated in the regular season probably 8 of the last 12 years. Incomes don't really mean anything, NS still produces the most d1 and NFL players in Texas other than Dallas Skyline. Also, are you positive that Ford makes more money at SC than he would at NS? Aymond is moving to the AD job which makes the HC at North Shore and Galena Park assistant ADs, that leaves two ways for the money be split up among the district's coaches. Humble ISD has more people but they also have an AD and 5 assistant ADs to pay which probably brings the salaries down. I think North Shore is the better job, hands down.

#POW! What he said...............Ford's already packing up the office!

He would be stupid if he was offered the job and didn't leave. SC might have a slight advantage in facilities but that's about it. NS has nearly twice the kids SC does, the talent levels aren't close. Expectations are lower at SC because they've never won big, they also now play in a much harder district than NS with less talent to compete with. NS has been undefeated in the regular season probably 8 of the last 12 years. Incomes don't really mean anything, NS still produces the most d1 and NFL players in Texas other than Dallas Skyline. Also, are you positive that Ford makes more money at SC than he would at NS? Aymond is moving to the AD job which makes the HC at North Shore and Galena Park assistant ADs, that leaves two ways for the money be split up among the district's coaches. Humble ISD has more people but they also have an AD and 5 assistant ADs to pay which probably brings the salaries down. I think North Shore is the better job, hands down.

LOL!

You have no idea what is coming to the Lake Houston Area with in the next 5 years.   SC is going to hit 3600 kids quickly, and they are drawing families from the Galena Park area, have been for the last 8 years.       Don't be stupid.   This is something that is pretty evident.    NS had a great ride, but they will not be the power house they have been forever. 

reasons why:

1. In the last 8 years NS has gone from 50% hispanic to 60%+.   In Urban settings, this is a bad thing for Football participation numbers.  Hispanics generally do not come out in  strong number to play. 

2. The Black population has dropped from 35% to 27%.  And has seen a pretty steep numerical drop. 

3. The white population has diminished the most numerically, going from nearly 20% to 6%.

What does all this mean?  Means HIspanics and replacing both Blacks and Whites (The highest participation at Urban schools for Football)..   means in 5 years if trends continue, you are looking at a sharp decrease in Talent pool. 

Where at they going?  Ill give you three guesses and a hint...    Its North of North Shore, along a lake, and a nicer area. ;)

I'm glad someone pointed out the difference in talent and numbers.  SC is new but when HISD opens another school, the wins will fall off from SC just like it did @Humble High and Kingwood....

this right here shows a great lack of insight to what is going on here.     I like how we all pretend that Humble High will not rebound, or that Summer Creek will suffer the same fate.

5 years from now, it will be me who is laughing at you.   

this right here shows a great lack of insight to what is going on here. I like how we all pretend that Humble High will not rebound, or that Summer Creek will suffer the same fate.

5 years from now, it will be me who is laughing at you.

Humble high will make the playoffs this year with only 2 district losses one to Dayton and one to kp.

In 2005, Humble ISD approached Aymond for the Head Coaching job at Humble.   He was going to take the Job, until he was told they were going to split the schools.    I have this on authority from a person that was directly involved with trying to bring him here.    why would he even consider it if North Shore was such a superior job?  I mean this was only two years removed from a State title. 

Ford is not stupid, he knows what is coming for both North Shore and Humble ISD.   And the future is not bright at North Shore.  They got some time left on top, but i expect a sharp decline in the quality of the product.    Argue with Demographic trends, and mobility of the money. 

In 2005, Humble ISD approached Aymond for the Head Coaching job at Humble.   He was going to take the Job, until he was told they were going to split the schools.    I have this on authority from a person that was directly involved with trying to bring him here.    why would he even consider it if North Shore was such a superior job?  I mean this was only two years removed from a State title. 

Ford is not stupid, he knows what is coming for both North Shore and Humble ISD.   And the future is not bright at North Shore.  They got some time left on top, but i expect a sharp decline in the quality of the product.    Argue with Demographic trends, and mobility of the money. 

I cant wait til Memorial plays NS this year. ;)

I'm glad someone pointed out the difference in talent and numbers.  SC is new but when HISD opens another school, the wins will fall off from SC just like it did @Humble High and Kingwood....

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but why would HISD open another school?  Their numbers have been dropping for years and they are talking about closing schools!