7on7 football

7on7 football is coming to Beaumont through the Primetime sports organization. This is an established and nationally recognized organization. It will offer middle school and high school teams a chance to compete against other talented teams from all over texas and Louisiana. For more information you can go online to the Primetime sportz.com website. So come on beaumont lets get our kids out there so they can compete, and start getting excited about football! the tournament is March 29 At Westbrook. High school, go to the website i mentioned for more details, thanks!

It is a shame 7 on 7 is tailored for the big schools with money. Small schools just can't afford to do it. The travel and expenses are to great.

Why cant small schools participate with schools in their general area? I dont see whats keeping them from doing that, rather its going up against larger schools or not.

Why cant small schools participate with schools in their general area? I dont see whats keeping them from doing that, rather its going up against larger schools are not.

Small schools can compete. Cut expenses by calling various schools 7on7 coach to set up scrimmage. It's done quite often. Ozen & Memorial twice last summer

Ask any Coach, the 7 on 7's are tailored more every year for the bigger schools with larger budgets. Known fact, just take a hard look at all the teams that participate. You will see the same teams winning them every year. Very expensive the way the tournaments are set up. Lots of Coaches are talking about it. The smaller schools just can't compete.

If you guys are trying to compete in State 7on7, it's equally expensive for all who participate; furthermore it's a separate entity from HS football & is paid for by parents of kids participating so I don't see the gripe. I suggest you guys get your pennies saved up or get to fundraising. Whining isn't allowed in 7 on 7 either. To the smart guy talking about " not talking about scrimmage". This was a suggestion for you to save money. I hope you aren't the "small school" representative. Sheeeez some people

If you guys are trying to compete in State 7on7, it's equally expensive for all who participate; furthermore it's a separate entity from HS football & is paid for by parents of kids participating so I don't see the gripe. I suggest you guys get your pennies saved up or get to fundraising. Whining isn't allowed in 7 on 7 either. To the smart guy talking about " not talking about scrimmage". This was a suggestion for you to save money. I hope you aren't the "small school" representative. Sheeeez some people

You're gonna hear it now. Lol

The money doesn't necessarily come from the school, it comes from the players and parents. We're talking maybe 20 dollars a player to compose an entry fee. Also coaches can't coach, so this gives parents a chance to really be involved and see that coaching isn't as easy as it looks and sounds. Not only that it will give us a chance to help our football programs excel through the off season.

Any level school can compete in 7v7.  The school cannot pay for any expenses with 7v7 in the summer or school year.  All expenses have to be paid by the athletes.  So explain to me again why small schools cannot compete in 7v7.

True, you just made my point. The small country town families don't traditionally have the income to pay for the travel and all the expenses. Mostly city slicker schools with high income families. Look up the teams that are big time into 7 on 7.

Squad Members/Tournament Fees

A. Players: Maximum of 20 players per team. This rule will be strictly enforced in all qualifying

Tournaments!

B. Tournament Fees:

1. Division I: There is a flat fee of $300 per team regardless of minimum number of players

on the roster. Maximum roster size is 20 players.

2. Division II: Each participant must pay $15 to play. Maximum roster size is 20 players.

There is a minimum fee of $180 even if roster is less than 12 players.

3. A Deposit of $180 (12 players) must be sent to the SQT host school when registering for

an SQT Tournament. (This is a nonrefundable

deposit)

C. Squad members must be from same school. (No Select Teams)

D. All participants must have at least one year remaining of high school eligibility.

E. No out of state teams will be allowed to compete in a state qualifying tournament

Failure to Pay Entry Fee

A. In all Division II SQT’s there will be a $15 per player charge up to a maximum of 20 players. The

minimal cost per team is $180 regardless if there are less than 12 players.

B. In all Division I SQT’s there will be a flat rate $300 per team regardless of the minimum number

of players. The maximum number of players is 20.

C. These rules will be strictly enforced at all SQT’s. Violation will result in a disqualification from

advancement to the Championship Round

I dont put much stock on 7 on 7, never have never will. The only way i would put any kind of acceptance to it is if they lined up 11 on 11.Its not real till you hit the field on Friday nights and go head to head. Just a glorified timing drill with qb and wideouts against secondary coverage if you ask me,  more or less just bragging rights. Parents save your money send them to camps, get a lot more out of camps than bragging rights for something that means absolutely nothing. :blink:

I dont put much stock on 7 on 7, never have never will. The only way i would put any kind of acceptance to it is if they lined up 11 on 11.Its not real till you hit the field on Friday nights and go head to head. Just a glorified timing drill with qb and wideouts against secondary coverage if you ask me,  more or less just bragging rights. Parents save your money send them to camps, get a lot more out of camps than bragging rights for something that means absolutely nothing. :blink:

Agreed

HMMMMM....I can assure you the parents of H-D have more than the inner city school I worked at and we played in a Thursday night league ($300/team), 4 SQT's, The State 7v7 (2 days so add hotel room), a national 7v7 in Tennessee, and 3 non-SQT tournaments.  The kids started raising money early spring and we hit the streets seeking sponsors.  If you want it to happen, it can happen.  Just takes a coordinated effort and it has to be important.  I have heard coaches say they don't do 7v7 because it isn't real football or whatever reason.  To me that is just saying "I don't want to work to make this happen."  Have a nice day.

And by the way H-D, what is wrong with practicing timing with QB and WR all summer long.  On top of that, how about getting coverage work all summer long as well as competing all summer long.  You can teach kids how to win and compete in 7v7.  It has benefited us everywhere I have ever been.  Going to camp improves the individual kid, 7v7 improves groups of kids and teaches them how to play together.  It also teaches them spacial awareness and concepts.

True, you just made my point. The small country town families don't traditionally have the income to pay for the travel and all the expenses. Mostly city slicker schools with high income families. Look up the teams that are big time into 7 on 7.

Squad Members/Tournament Fees

A. Players: Maximum of 20 players per team. This rule will be strictly enforced in all qualifying

Tournaments!

B. Tournament Fees:

1. Division I: There is a flat fee of $300 per team regardless of minimum number of players

on the roster. Maximum roster size is 20 players.

2. Division II: Each participant must pay $15 to play. Maximum roster size is 20 players.

There is a minimum fee of $180 even if roster is less than 12 players.

3. A Deposit of $180 (12 players) must be sent to the SQT host school when registering for

an SQT Tournament. (This is a nonrefundable

deposit)

C. Squad members must be from same school. (No Select Teams)

D. All participants must have at least one year remaining of high school eligibility.

E. No out of state teams will be allowed to compete in a state qualifying tournament

Failure to Pay Entry Fee

A. In all Division II SQT’s there will be a $15 per player charge up to a maximum of 20 players. The

minimal cost per team is $180 regardless if there are less than 12 players.

B. In all Division I SQT’s there will be a flat rate $300 per team regardless of the minimum number

of players. The maximum number of players is 20.

C. These rules will be strictly enforced at all SQT’s. Violation will result in a disqualification from

advancement to the Championship Round

You mean like Ozen???  I seem to remember them going to Lufkin last year for the SQT.  They must have had a rich, city slicker, uncle take care of all expenses for them.  :)  If you don't like 7v7, then say you don't like it.  But don't make sad excuses why poor lil johnny can't make it to a tournament.  Nobody is buying that bull. 

And by the way H-D, what is wrong with practicing timing with QB and WR all summer long.  On top of that, how about getting coverage work all summer long as well as competing all summer long.  You can teach kids how to win and compete in 7v7.  It has benefited us everywhere I have ever been.  Going to camp improves the individual kid, 7v7 improves groups of kids and teaches them how to play together.  It also teaches them spacial awareness and concepts.

Thats the difference between the ones who want it and the ones that want it handed out to them. The ones who want it do what it takes to get there.  And well the other just well you know.