7on7 football

HMMMMM....I can assure you the parents of H-D have more than the inner city school I worked at and we played in a Thursday night league ($300/team), 4 SQT's, The State 7v7 (2 days so add hotel room), a national 7v7 in Tennessee, and 3 non-SQT tournaments.  The kids started raising money early spring and we hit the streets seeking sponsors.  If you want it to happen, it can happen.  Just takes a coordinated effort and it has to be important.  I have heard coaches say they don't do 7v7 because it isn't real football or whatever reason.  To me that is just saying "I don't want to work to make this happen."  Have a nice day.

Congrats! I hope you either win the 7 on 7 touch football SuperBowl or sell the most girl scout cookies!! LMAO!

I actua

You mean like Ozen???  I seem to remember them going to Lufkin last year for the SQT.  They must have had a rich, city slicker, uncle take care of all expenses for them.  :)  If you don't like 7v7, then say you don't like it.  But don't make sad excuses why poor lil johnny can't make it to a tournament.  Nobody is buying that bull. 

I actually like 7 on 7. I talked to several Coaches that took time to explain what 7 on 7 has evolved into. Most folks just don't see big picture. Tailored for and designed for a specific group... political.

You mean like Ozen???  I seem to remember them going to Lufkin last year for the SQT.  They must have had a rich, city slicker, uncle take care of all expenses for them.  :)  If you don't like 7v7, then say you don't like it.  But don't make sad excuses why poor lil johnny can't make it to a tournament.  Nobody is buying that bull. 

Absolutely correct, my wife & I transported & sponsored a couple of kids to that Lufkin 7 on 7.

I would be more than happy to give anyone some fundraising ideas if their trying to raise funds to get to tournaments

my question was who has won. Not looking for an argument, was just curious how many have done it. I m not interested in how far just if they won the state! Im not saying that it isnt beneficial to them, but there is more to football than just the skilled positions. true it isnt real football, but that is just the way i see it, its an opinion. For those kids who beat the pavement to go by getting contributions and donations, thats awesome, my daughter had to do it to go to state 6u tournaments in which we got second place. its all great but just want to know if actually anyone had won the 7 on 7 and then went on to state championship.

Congrats! I hope you either win the 7 on 7 touch football SuperBowl or sell the most girl scout cookies!! LMAO!

You're the guy on here whining about fees to play, but now you don't like the info given to you; now you have stooped to belittle people?? I'm sure the kids don't have the same attitude as you. Such a good sport Sparky ;) 

Absolutely correct, my wife & I transported & sponsored a couple of kids to that Lufkin 7 on 7.

I would be more than happy to give anyone some fundraising ideas if their trying to raise funds to get to tournaments

BigCam, the guys asking these questions don't want to know how to make it happen.  They just want to belly ache about it.  You and I know that there is 'something' that can be gained by participating in 7v7.  Is it a state championship?  NO!  It's to get better on some of the little things that you can work on in the off season without killing each other.  It can help with quickness, eye-hand coordination, arm strength, timing, conditioning, sun tan, etc.  And you get to do it all while playing a game.  But these guys are right.  It is a complete waste of time and we should just all sit at home on the sofa and watch Wheel of Fortune with HD 55.  smh

If your a poor passing team traditionally, I could see how this could really benefit your football team. I think, if I was a coach, I would definitely won't my QB and receivers getting as many reps as possible. I really don't see the down side. To me, it just seems like a no brainer. If you want to participate, I'm certain there has got to be people in your community with enough imagination to come up with the revenue to sponsor these kids.IMO

Hey, guys have your opinion but it does help with timing, route running, and QB/WR familiarity. Also, it helps with 1 on 1 drills for when the kids go to camps. Look at how well young Michael Jaquet played this past season with Mitchell and Beard. I do know personally that Isaac Aubrey was a lot better with his touch. Before 7 on 7 he was over throwing guys buy 10 yards and lets not forget that nice QB and receiver combo at PNG.  They also got better. Those kids in Orange seem to compete every year.  I know Casey personally and he will help you with ideas for your area if you would like to compete. The only downside in 7 on 7 is some of the fields that some choose to play on be uneven and not well kept. It costed my son his sophomore year.

Hey biaplayer not to down play your comment, but here are some things I don't think you truly understand about 7on7 and how it helps develope your skill players especially quarterbacks. In 7on7 its all passing and situational football. The offense has no running game to rely on there for they now have to develope consistency on 1st 2nd and 3rd downs and become pass efficient and patient. As they began to understand the strategy and scheme to being successful in the quick and intermediate pass game, they find that its not an " air it out " competition , its situational football. So go's for the defense as well. They must be able to transition for man to zone based on situation, down and distance, and personnel match ups. So come Friday night 11 on 11 when its 3 rd and 5 ! Hey my Quarterbacks and receivers don't press in these situations! They convert ! Because they've developed that through there own training and experiences from 7on7.

Hey biaplayer not to down play your comment, but here are some things I don't think you truly understand about 7on7 and how it helps develope your skill players especially quarterbacks. In 7on7 its all passing and situational football. The offense has no running game to rely on there for they now have to develope consistency on 1st 2nd and 3rd downs and become pass efficient and patient. As they began to understand the strategy and scheme to being successful in the quick and intermediate pass game, they find that its not an " air it out " competition , its situational football. So go's for the defense as well. They must be able to transition for man to zone based on situation, down and distance, and personnel match ups. So come Friday night 11 on 11 when its 3 rd and 5 ! Hey my Quarterbacks and receivers don't press in these situations! They convert ! Because they've developed that through there own training and experiences from 7on7.

why do people assume 7on7 is about offense? even if ur a slot t team, your defense must rep coverages vs pass schemes. eventually you do have to beat a carthage, navasota, lake travis, slc, etc... you better get as many reps as you can working against no huddle/tempo/throwing teams.

teach/rep your friday night pass schemes/no huddle/signals, etc... on offense and your coverages/adjustments to formations on defense during the athletic period in the spring and your players rep them all summer in local leagues and tournaments. how can that not help???

only negative to 7on7 is uil wants hs coaches there to 'supervise' but not coach. let em coach too. the kids want to play and they want their coaches coaching them.

BigCam, the guys asking these questions don't want to know how to make it happen. They just want to belly ache about it. You and I know that there is 'something' that can be gained by participating in 7v7. Is it a state championship? NO! It's to get better on some of the little things that you can work on in the off season without killing each other. It can help with quickness, eye-hand coordination, arm strength, timing, conditioning, sun tan, etc. And you get to do it all while playing a game. But these guys are right. It is a complete waste of time and we should just all sit at home on the sofa and watch Wheel of Fortune with HD 55. smh

I'm just here for the kids, not intersected in whining. Adults cry, so the kids cry & make excuses. You and many others on here understand what it takes to get better & excuses ain't the answer.

Eagle gets it! Good post!

I think it's great. This will be the first year we are going to participate in SQTs. Hosting a non-SQT tournament this year as a fundraiser to help fund the SQTs and possible state. Also have local businesses willing to help out if needed.

Usually do two normal tournaments and the Longview league. Won the Longview league past two years.

Organization is key for us. Have 4/5 guys helping out. Few players that have either been in the NFL or is still currently in the NFL. Few others that are close to the program. None of which have a personal agenda.

Meet with the HS coaches before it all gets started then have a meeting with the HS coaches and players. Gets the point across.

Like I stated earlier, organization is key.