Deweyville Pirates 2014

DP70

B schedule

B? The only team that I would change on this schedule is Warren. Everyone complained that we played schools too small, now we are smaller than every school on our schedule. Everyone complained that we did play any competition and we fixed a schedule that had 4 teams that only lost one game, and the overall record from last for for alll these teams is 71-49. Guarantee it's stronger than a "B".

That's no B schedule. Newton, Kirbyville, CC. It's not necessary to schedule WOS, to be tested. They are going to be tested. Hypothetically if the where to escape undefeated or with 1 loss. They would be a contender. That's not likely going to happen but if it did, they would have all the test they would require to represent that district.

It will be either Hubbard or Waldrep Deweyville  is losing A LOT but I am hoping Coach Babin can out coach  one or two teams

By the way Cody Dupuy gets offered a place on Lamar's Football team and made his decision to take it this week end.

Looks like I get to continue to wear RED

GO LU

No suprise for Cody. I bet that years ago.

So what u call it A- If I was deweyville I guess I would consider this schedule a A+ ... But if this was newton schedule I'd rate it at c-

They are not Newton!!!

So what u call it A- If I was deweyville I guess I would consider this schedule a A+ ... But if this was newton schedule I'd rate it at c-

• 2 weeks later...

Just got official schedule.

08/14 Buna (SCRIMMAGE)
08/21 Shelbyville/Anahuac (SCRIMMAGE)
08/28 East Chambers @ The Butch 7:30
09/05 Warren 7:30

09/12 Kirbyville 7:30

09/19 @ Woodville 7:30

09/26 @ West Sabine 7:30

10/10 Newton 7:30

10/17 @ Garrison 7:30

10/24 Hemphill 7:30

10/31 Corrigan-Camden 7:30

11/07 @ Crockett 7:30

We do have some good years coming up, but our 8th graders going to 9th are going to be monsters.  They are huge and fast!  Havent lost a game since PeeWee football.

That's the way that this previous senior class was. We didn't lose a game in junior high, and our first loss came to EC towards the end of the year freshman year.

On the offensive side of the ball, we are losing 4 players that gained yards this season. Collins, Greer, Dupuy, and Hryhorchuk. All four have gained 3693 out of 4341 of our rushing yards (85% of our run-game) and Dupuy passed for 495 yards, and we are losing 86 yards from that small passing game (17%). The leading rusher out of the underclassmen was Waldrep with 252 yds. But if I remember right, He's going to QB. Which with our offense, he could still rack up tons of yards as Dupuy did. I see Henson taking Collins spot. Henson had 132 yards on 17 carries last season (7.8 yds/carry). Returning 10 players who touched the ball last season. But still that only amounts to 15% of our run game. Big shoes have to be filled.

Looking at the schedule for next year, we play 4 teams that only lost 1 game, and 4 teams that had a losing season. Overall record from last year is 71-49. Probably one of the toughest schedules.

Warren
Kirbyville
Woodville
East Chambers
West Sabine
Newton
Garrison
Corrigan-Camden
Crockett
Hemphill

I am not sure about how many starters we are losing, but I'm going to assume most of the backfield except Waldrep, probably half of our linemen. Recievers are coming back. Not sure about defense. Should be an interesting year. Here's how I think district will play out

1. Corrigan-Camden
2. Newton
3. Garrison
4. Deweyville
5. Crockett
6. Hemphill

This is probably the schedule they should've played last year.

Just got official schedule.

08/14 Buna (SCRIMMAGE)
08/21 Shelbyville/Anahuac (SCRIMMAGE)
08/28 East Chambers @ The Butch 7:30
09/05 Warren 7:30

09/12 Kirbyville 7:30

09/19 @ Woodville 7:30

09/26 @ West Sabine 7:30

10/10 Newton 7:30

10/17 @ Garrison 7:30

10/24 Hemphill 7:30

10/31 Corrigan-Camden 7:30

11/07 @ Crockett 7:30

I hate to say it but I don't see any way to win more than 2 games and could be 0-10. This is a tough district. Crockett could return to form if a couple of things break their way.

It should have been the schedule we played this year. Even in 2012. But we play with the hand we're dealt. I'm not expecting a 10-0 season and I don't think anyone else is. What I expect to see, is that we shock a couple teams and come out with a minimum of a 5-5 record. To me, easy wins are EC, Warren, Kirbyville, Woodville, Hemphill, and depends on WS and Crockett. I don't know what they have coming back. 

It should have been the schedule we played this year. Even in 2012. But we play with the hand we're dealt. I'm not expecting a 10-0 season and I don't think anyone else is. What I expect to see, is that we shock a couple teams and come out with a minimum of a 5-5 record. To me, easy wins are EC, Warren, Kirbyville, Woodville, Hemphill, and depends on WS and Crockett. I don't know what they have coming back.

lol. Easy wins ?