Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Boyd Brothers Visiting Texas
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfkwz?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=texas-longhorns-football

This was the game Charlie circled early in the year to have as his biggest recruiting weekend. Had a lot of the top targets there. I wasn't crazy about having them in for this one. Shows what he knows and I don't.

And by all accounts, Boyd brothers are having a blast. I expect us to end up with both of them.

This was the game Charlie circled early in the year to have as his biggest recruiting weekend. Had a lot of the top targets there. I wasn't crazy about having them in for this one. Shows what he knows and I don't.

And by all accounts, Boyd brothers are having a blast. I expect us to end up with both of them.

Huge pickup this weekend stealing the 2 star Iowa State committ

http://247sports.com/Player/Tristan-Nickelson-15406

TxHoops - I Keep hearing you state that all the recruits that A&M has lined up are "jumping ship" - yet all the recruiting sites still have all of them listed.  Will they change - maybe - but you keep wishing will not make them leave any faster - IF they do leave.  Texas has several recruits shopping their talents still as well - are they jumping ship as well?

TxHoops - I Keep hearing you state that all the recruits that A&M has lined up are "jumping ship" - yet all the recruiting sites still have all of them listed. Will they change - maybe - but you keep wishing will not make them leave any faster - IF they do leave. Texas has several recruits shopping their talents still as well - are they jumping ship as well?

I like the progress Strong has made this year. I expect it to continue. Not sure I would feel the same were I an Aggie fan ;)

I love the Texas progress talk - last year will likely have a better record and was 1 game out of the championship game - and this year is progress?

Did A&M take a step back - likely - but with the shear number of Freshman and other returning players next year looks to be better than this years team.

But both of us will have to wait to find out.

TxHoops - I Keep hearing you state that all the recruits that A&M has lined up are "jumping ship" - yet all the recruiting sites still have all of them listed.  Will they change - maybe - but you keep wishing will not make them leave any faster - IF they do leave.  Texas has several recruits shopping their talents still as well - are they jumping ship as well?

They are not jumping ship. They are probably just afraid of competition.

I have heard the square one talk before - and as always find that hard to believe with the (1) History that Texas football has always had, and (2) the shear number of top recruits that Texas had recruited during Mack Brown's last 4 years. 

In my opinion Coach Strong - with the recruits that Texas had on the roster - he started ahead of what most coaches do when they take over a "rebuilding" of a program.  Mack Brown had a top recruiting class every year before he was let go.