Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Funny how ag recruits don't have that problem any more.

We've missed out on at least 2 the last 2 years that would have helped tremendously. It happens unfortunately, but that's part of recruiting. It's sad that the kids miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime because they screw around in HS.

@247Sports: 4-star @ArmyAllAmerican #UGA commit Van Jefferson delaying enrollment. New schools in the mix? http://bit.ly/1HGVD1O http://twitter.com/247Sports/status/552534995383119872/photo/1

This is interesting 

Maybe he should stop visiting colleges and get his high school work completed. Just a thought.

@SleeperAthletes: #Lincoln HS (FL) 4-star WR John Burt (@burticus21) decommits from the #Texas #Longhorns

This has been expected. Uncertainty at QB and position coach got axed. He will end up at auburn unless he really likes the new WR coach or we get a big name transfer at QB. We should still get 4-star receiver Ryan Newsome of Aledo and maybe another. Pretty happy we are sitting on a top 10 class that will almost definitely end up higher by signing day with additional commits. Strong's made up a lot of ground in the last month.

No way that's true. I was told all of the Florida 5 were enrolling at Texas.

A) he wasn't part of the Florida 5 (Irvin, Clarington, Cherry, Johnson & Davis)

B ) you were told all 5 would be eligible after you asked (due to your "hot sources" on texags). Much like Mack (and soon to be Murray), I don't presume any kid is air tight until they've signed...

C) try and keep up

Three years in the SEC.
Three top 10 recruiting classes.
A Heisman winner.
Multiple first round draft picks.

Yet Aggie is still concerned about poor ol Charlie and the Texas Longhorns recruiting kids from Florida.

Don't worry guys, remember, you run this state.

Might need to work on your math:

3 Years in the SEC - correct

2 Top 10 Recruiting Classes - Not 3 (was 21 in 2012) - still not in the league of Texas over the last 5 years.

Yes they did have a Heisman

And Yes they did have several No. 1 draft picks

And sorry at this time TCU and Baylor run this state - Texas is like 4th.  To run the state you have to win on the field and Texas and A&M have work to do  ;)

Might need to work on your math:

3 Years in the SEC - correct

2 Top 10 Recruiting Classes - Not 3 (was 21 in 2012) - still not in the league of Texas over the last 5 years.

Yes they did have a Heisman

And Yes they did have several No. 1 draft picks

And sorry at this time TCU and Baylor run this state - Texas is like 4th.  To run the state you have to win on the field and Texas and A&M have work to do  ;)

I was giving you Top 10 credit for this years class.  Probably should not do that with all the rats jumping a sinking ship.

Baylor and TCU don't run crap. They are simply keeping the seat warm.

I was giving you Top 10 credit for this years class.  Probably should not do that with all the rats jumping a sinking ship.

Baylor and TCU don't run crap. They are simply keeping the seat warm.

I think that is funny - A&M has had a few leave - but has not Texas as well - Happens to all teams.  About the sinking ship we will see - Will Texas have a better than 6-7 record next year?  Who's team has more holes in their boat right now - I think it is Texas (shows by the desperate attempt to keep on putting Texas A&M down while having little ammo from the Texas side the last few years).

Until Texas can post another winning season they have no room to talk about running or owning anything - and until they do they will keep looking at the rear end of teams like TCU and Baylor - accept itt.  

I think that is funny - A&M has had a few leave - but has not Texas as well - Happens to all teams. About the sinking ship we will see - Will Texas have a better than 6-7 record next year? Who's team has more holes in their boat right now - I think it is Texas (shows by the desperate attempt to keep on putting Texas A&M down while having little ammo from the Texas side the last few years).

Until Texas can post another winning season they have no room to talk about running or owning anything - and until they do they will keep looking at the rear end of teams like TCU and Baylor - accept itt.

They don't care about holes in their boat. They have Core Values which makes up for it.

Btw Charlie has been a head coach for 5 seasons. In 3 of those years his team's have lost 6 or more games.