Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

What about coaches that bail on their recruits?

This is my point.  I get upset when a coach does this.  Much more so than when a kid decides he wants to go somewhere else and bails on his commitment.  Why are we okay with the double standard?  For some reason I am, but not sure I have a good reason for it.  

Personally, I feel if a kid doesn't want to be there, it is unlikely he will benefit the school anyway.  And I almost always think a school should give a full release to such kids.  But I get highly offended when a school gets jerked around by any school. 

This is my point.  I get upset when a coach does this.  Much more so than when a kid decides he wants to go somewhere else and bails on his commitment.  Why are we okay with the double standard?  For some reason I am, but not sure I have a good reason for it.  

Personally, I feel if a kid doesn't want to be there, it is unlikely he will benefit the school anyway.  And I almost always think a school should give a full release to such kids.  But I get highly offended when a school gets jerked around by any school. 

I think a lot of the double standard is the perception of the big rich universities taking advantage of poor HS kids.  Social media has totally changed the recruiting game and made these kids superstars before they even enroll in school.  It's funny how right after those first recruiting rankings come out during sophomore year the top recruits gain 10,000 Twitter followers.  

If Lampkin is really intentionally failing a class in order to avoid going to Texas that sets a bad precedent.  It's pretty smart on his end, but may open up a whole new can of worms in the future.  He made it pretty clear he wasn't happy that Charlie lied to him about Rumph leaving 2 days after signing day.  Maybe this is his way to get back at them.  

I think a lot of the double standard is the perception of the big rich universities taking advantage of poor HS kids.  Social media has totally changed the recruiting game and made these kids superstars before they even enroll in school.  It's funny how right after those first recruiting rankings come out during sophomore year the top recruits gain 10,000 Twitter followers.  

If Lampkin is really intentionally failing a class in order to avoid going to Texas that sets a bad precedent.  It's pretty smart on his end, but may open up a whole new can of worms in the future.  He made it pretty clear he wasn't happy that Charlie lied to him about Rumph leaving 2 days after signing day.  Maybe this is his way to get back at them.  

​Charlie lied??

Why would the head coach at the greatest school have to lie?

(Shaking Head) You other Aggie's just do not understand - Charlie would never ask a Coach (Wink) to stay till after signing day to keep on the fence recruits from flipping so he OBVIOUSLY did not know that "that" coach was leaving till after signing day was over - how could he have :)

On a lighter note I believe as some of you do that a athlete many times attends a school not for the school but for the coach - so I also feel that student athletes should also be allowed to change schools if the coach leaves.

If the payment of athletes does come into place my opinion on that will change as well - they then become (for lack of a better word) employees if that university then movement should then be restricted.

Until then the NCAA should allow most transfers and allow young men to change their commitments if the university has a coaching change.

Report: Strong says Everett Golson wanted to be a Longhorn

This is the hidden content, please

Why would the Irish be afraid od the Longhorns with a QB?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ND can not block anything because he has graduated.  This isn't a normal transfer.  Oh well, I guess Charlie will say whatever he needs to keep the fans believing he is actually trying to improve the offense. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ND can not block anything because he has graduated.  This isn't a normal transfer.  Oh well, I guess Charlie will say whatever he needs to keep the fans believing he is actually trying to improve the offense. 

​You are wrong. It's OK though. Keep grasping at straws, Charlie is one of the good guys in college football. It's only natural for one of the most corrupt conferences to try and tear down his reputation. The most important day in the SEC is not National Signing Day, it's Parole Day.

This is the hidden content, please

Did you miss the 15,000 articles on schools he was allowed/not allowed to transfer to?   Don't worry so much about Charlie.   I realize it only took him a year to bust the bubble you guys seemed to be grasping at recruiting wise.  The good news, or the bad news, is that no one is interested in your cellar-dweller coach anymore...

Did you miss the 15,000 articles on schools he was allowed/not allowed to transfer to?   Don't worry so much about Charlie.   I realize it only took him a year to bust the bubble you guys seemed to be grasping at recruiting wise.  The good news, or the bad news, is that no one is interested in your cellar-dweller coach anymore...

Busted our bubble in recruiting?  What about the 5 grade risk that may never step foot on campus including one that is intentionally failing to get out of his LOI?

​Obsession noted.

Busted our bubble in recruiting?  What about the 5 grade risk that may never step foot on campus including one that is intentionally failing to get out of his LOI?

​You miss the point - they won the recruiting war even if none of them ever hit the playing field.

No one keeps up with UT recruiting as much as you.  So we might not know as much.  You guys are welcome to our culls as always.  You're welcome in advance.  

Edited by TxHoops

​Obsession noted.

You keep using my line!

But why would one be obsessed with the goofy little brother who we literally owned for a century, until said little brother tucked tail ran from one conference in which it couldn't compete to another conference in which it can't compete.  On the other hand, it may be of some benefit to study another's failures to make sure to not make those same mistakes...

You keep using my line!

But why would one be obsessed with the goofy little brother who we literally owned for a century, until said little brother tucked tail ran from one conference in which it couldn't compete to another conference in which it can't compete.  On the other hand, it may be of some benefit to study another's failures to make sure to not make those same mistakes...

​Obsession noted dos.