Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I honestly think Miami is a better fit for Strong.  Of course, he would make 2-2.5 mil less a year there.  But who can complain about making 2.5 to 3m a year doing your dream job?   

You may be right - but I would wonder if leaving in the middle of the rebuilding project that he started would be in his character - I would think he would want to try and finish what he started.

That being said if the remainder of the season does not see continual improvement - who knows - if offered this might give him and Texas a possible graceful exit they might need.

Would still surprise me.

You may be right - but I would wonder if leaving in the middle of the rebuilding project that he started would be in his character - I would think he would want to try and finish what he started.

That being said if the remainder of the season does not see continual improvement - who knows - if offered this might give him and Texas a possible graceful exit they might need.

Would still surprise me.

Definitely agree with all of that and it would surprise me too.  I think Texas will finish relatively strong and can win the rest of their games with the exception of Baylor (assuming Stidham isn't a train wreck).  Not saying they will but ISU, Kansas, WVU and Tech are all beatable.  I think you raise a very good point in that he seems like the type that would want to try and finish what he's started. 

I guess my only point is I wouldn't blame him if he did.  If he felt he would be happier in that position and it is a better job for him long term, I wouldn't hold any ill will toward him.  Seems like it could be the best possible job in the country for him, but who knows.  In the end, I think they will hire someone else and it will be a non-issue.