Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I'm told Charlie Strong "cussed out" his Texas staff after Iowa State loss, told them staff "had been out coached."

The out coached part I think is an understatement.

it was reported by college spun. 

It has not been validated. 

If he did, they deserved it. 

I am not sure this usurps a core value. 

Keep looking

Sounds like UM is interested only if UT fires Strong. They have no interest in buying out his UT contract.

Could happen. Probably will not.

I don't think UT would be incredibly upset.  The bigger problem is if Charlie wants to leave for less $ and with what would no doubt be considered a job well failed in Texas.  On the flip, he has at best one year left before he's fired if great strides aren't made.  At that point, the perfect fit job that many think is Miami won't be open.  If Miami wants him, and he can swallow a little pride and money, it will get done.  But that is a lot of dots that have to connect. 

I don't think UT would be incredibly upset.  The bigger problem is if Charlie wants to leave for less $ and with what would no doubt be considered a job well failed in Texas.  On the flip, he has at best one year left before he's fired if great strides aren't made.  At that point, the perfect fit job that many think is Miami won't be open.  If Miami wants him, and he can swallow a little pride and money, it will get done.  But that is a lot of dots that have to connect. 

I don't think UM wants him bad enough. 

Could also be afraid of Core Values. 

This boy must have been confused. Charlie can't recruit 4 Stars.

This is the hidden content, please

JUST IN:

land a HUGE commitment in four-star DE
. Much more on HD right now!

Embedded image permalink

This boy must have been confused. Charlie can't recruit 4 Stars.

JUST IN:

land a HUGE commitment in four-star DE
. Much more on HD right now!

Nevermind. Probably a 3 Star. That works better for the Horns.

If Strong does not make a bowl game this year he has taken a step back - if Miami is interested in him and he is indeed interested in them then this could be a clean break for him and Texas.

Would give Texas the chance again to attract the high level coach they want and expect.

Could  they get the next "Harbaugh" who knows but the search would as always be interesting. 

If Strong does not make a bowl game this year he has taken a step back - if Miami is interested in him and he is indeed interested in them then this could be a clean break for him and Texas.

Would give Texas the chance again to attract the high level coach they want and expect.

Could  they get the next "Harbaugh" who knows but the search would as always be interesting. 

He ain't making no bowl game and his team does not deserve a bowl game. Bowl games are supposed to be for winners, not participants. I don't buy the "extra practice" crap either. They've had plenty of practice and it ain't helped.

(There's talk that UT could get in with 5 wins. I hope that does not happen.)

If they can't get Herman (I don't think Herman is leaving after 1 year), I'm willing to ride out one more year with Strong and see what happens.