Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

If they can't get Herman (I don't think Herman is leaving after 1 year), I'm willing to ride out one more year with Strong and see what happens.

I'm listening to College Sports radio.  Jack Arute just said according to the rumor mill, Herman has agreed in principle to be the new head coach at South Carolina.  Texas can very well change Herman's mind, but they won't be able to wait around very long after the season ends.  

I'm listening to College Sports radio.  Jack Arute just said according to the rumor mill, Herman has agreed in principle to be the new head coach at South Carolina.  Texas can very well change Herman's mind, but they won't be able to wait around very long after the season ends.  

If that's true, sounds like they beat them to the punch. Sucks.

Way too many bridges to cross to get that done in time.  Hopefully Herman will be successful at SC. 

@mattyports: Hurricanes coaching search: if Texas fires Charlie Strong, UM will pounce.

This is the hidden content, please

That's great news.  This thing is appearing to have legs.  May not take a firing.  Strong apparently has a lot of interest in "saving face."   Save it Charlie.  Save it!  I really hope it doesn't spell the end of Chuck f'n Strong on Twitter though...

I could see saban taking on the "challenge ". Not sure he or the big $ donors could "play nice". He'd tell them to ____ , without hesitation. 

Nick Saben is 64 years old in a situation where he is already making tons of money and has a fan base, donors and it appears Board Members that love him - he could have 2 bad years and still very likely not have the alumni immediately calling for his head.  He comes to Texas and for ANY reason stumbles he - or any coach - will be the next Strong.  I think that Texas's demands on any coach that takes this job will be tremendous and the demands will be the same.  Win and Win immediately will be the mantra.  

So while taking a challenge would be a draw for Saben - I think he will not be willing to leave the comfy situation that he is currently in - he has Bama on top and I see no reason that he cannot keep them there for awhile more.

Nick Saben is 64 years old in a situation where he is already making tons of money and has a fan base, donors and it appears Board Members that love him - he could have 2 bad years and still very likely not have the alumni immediately calling for his head.  He comes to Texas and for ANY reason stumbles he - or any coach - will be the next Strong.  I think that Texas's demands on any coach that takes this job will be tremendous and the demands will be the same.  Win and Win immediately will be the mantra.  

So while taking a challenge would be a draw for Saben - I think he will not be willing to leave the comfy situation that he is currently in - he has Bama on top and I see no reason that he cannot keep them there for awhile more.

Saban?

smartphone better than spellcheck 

I tend to agree with that - but as the saying states "money talks and bulls**t walks" so who knows if Texas gets crazy with the $$$$$

Believe it or not, I was going to post this exact saying. Money talks people. Saban starting over with "NOTHING?" I wouldn't say nothing, but to raise a team from the doldrums (I wonder how long before I see that word used again) to a national power is what truly defines a coach as being great. Saban is not afraid of this at all, plus it would further separate him from all other coaches. He would also have Texas players to recruit from and we all know there is no better place than that. That would really piss off the ags.

I was perfectly willing to give Strong a chance, but if a team can get Saban, I think that is a no-brainer.

On a side note, look at the views and replies on this thread. Tells me all I need to know as to who is on our minds. Thanks ags.

More on Strong

At some point, this fan base has to come to grips with the fact that our upperclassmen are more at fault for our 6 year purgatory stint due to FUPM's laziness in recruiting post 2008. That and that alone has caused the train to come off the tracks. The only big difference in Strong and, say Saban, is that Saban would've pulled enough JUCO's in his first two years to field a legitimate team. Just like he did at Bamer. Shula didn't do him any favors there either, the cupboard was more bare than he realized as well. He just went another route with filling his roster, I actually prefer Strong's approach. He just has to hit on a big time OC and hope Buechele is the answer. Cuz if not, he gone after next year. 

However, win or lose, he's building a roster of guys that will be winners very soon, no matter who's at the helm. I can't wait for him to finish this year's class like he did last year. Something tells me more aggy tears are coming our way!