Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Amazingly, in his first full recruiting season, still finished with the top class in the state.  Kind of remarkable since he didn't have that mighty SEC card to play.   Whether it will end well or not remains to be seen.  I am confident it will probably end better than tied for 9th in the conference ;)

Those grade risk that don't qualify will hurt that ranking.   

All 26 of A&M's commits are enrolled.  Charlie signed 30 thus giving Texas a 2 point advantage over the Ags in the 247 composite ranking with 4 more players.  4 of those players have still not qualified including one that is intentionally failing HS to get out of his LOI.  Rivals ranked A&M ahead of Texas.  

Not a 3 star, but we'll see what happens.

This is the hidden content, please

have picked up a commitment from 2017 4* WR
. His highlights, etc:

Those grade risk that don't qualify will hurt that ranking.   

All 26 of A&M's commits are enrolled.  Charlie signed 30 thus giving Texas a 2 point advantage over the Ags in the 247 composite ranking with 4 more players.  4 of those players have still not qualified including one that is intentionally failing HS to get out of his LOI.  Rivals ranked A&M ahead of Texas.  

​Now Mack you are just nitpicking - it is not what players actually make it into the school it is the ones that give the school the best ranking the day after the signing class is announced and the rankings are made in February.  So what that 13% of the recruiting class did not - for one reason are another - make it into that school.

Face it if this had happened to A&M's recruiting class some (TxHoops, GCMPats2, Bulldogbacker and Mr. Garrett just to name a few) would be screaming at the top of their voices that was PROOF that the A&M program in general and coach Sumlin in particular were imploding.  

GCMPats2 - please enlighten me is how 7th place in a 10 team league (and congrats you beat out Kansas, Iowa State and TT) is better than 8th (tied) place in a 14 team league - no no there is no need to answer as I already know the correct answer.  Keep poking fun of A&M's standing in its conference and keep ignoring Texas standing in theirs. 

The correct answer is both teams were not very impressive last year - Texas being just less impressive.

​Now Mack you are just nitpicking - it is not what players actually make it into the school it is the ones that give the school the best ranking the day after the signing class is announced and the rankings are made in February.  So what that 13% of the recruiting class did not - for one reason are another - make it into that school.

Face it if this had happened to A&M's recruiting class some (TxHoops, GCMPats2, Bulldogbacker and Mr. Garrett just to name a few) would be screaming at the top of their voices that was PROOF that the A&M program in general and coach Sumlin in particular were imploding.  

GCMPats2 - please enlighten me is how 7th place in a 10 team league (and congrats you beat out Kansas, Iowa State and TT) is better than 8th (tied) place in a 14 team league - no no there is no need to answer as I already know the correct answer.  Keep poking fun of A&M's standing in its conference and keep ignoring Texas standing in theirs. 

The correct answer is both teams were not very impressive last year - Texas being just less impressive.

But I thought this was a golden age for Aggie football.  Coach Swag and those awesome recruiting classes?   No one at Texas is happy with last year.  After all, some of us have middle school kids who remember our last national championship. But there is nothing wrong with being proud of your team, despite finishing tied for 9th in your conference.   We just have different standards is all. 

Oh, and let's not forget how frugal you little fellas are with your money.  A penny saved is a penny earned after all.  So you have that going for you, which is nice!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't Norvell fired by Bob Stoops at Blow-U? Lmao, this is getting funnier by the day. 

Yeah but he was co-oc with Heupel and didn't call plays.  

He was fired from Nebraska in 2006 and replaced by Shawn Watson.  He was UCLA's OC in 2007, and I believe that was the last time he has called plays. 

no

unsubstanited rumor posted by Horn Haters

I realize that the LHN hemmorages money from Disney, but I wouldn't exactly classify ESPN as Horn Haters.

Strong said he hasn't pushed his bosses at Texas to make the game happen.

"Let me win some games first," he said, jokingly. "Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."