25-AA

Javelina

EC gonna have all their players, i know some may do basketball?

Woodville you guys good?

Kountze only has one in Basketball, but not vital, dont get me wrong he makes us stronger, but we have depth to cover.

Are you asking if we're good as in having all our players back? If so, then yes. If you're asking how we are as a team, I won't answer that at the moment. Lol

understand, but was asking about players.

Eagleswoodville#1 - I heard yall had a freshman starting at 2nd base. I told ya he was a solid player. Glad for the kid and family, you guys will like them over there. oh and a heads up, his younger brother is not too shabby either.

Eagleswoodville#1 - I heard yall had a freshman starting at 2nd base. I told ya he was a solid player. Glad for the kid and family, you guys will like them over there. oh and a heads up, his younger brother is not too shabby either.

I'm not sure if he's starting, but he is a heck of a ball player. In the scrimmage I saw the other night, he played extremely well. He crushed one about 300 feet for a stand-up triple the other night. And his brother is in my brothers grade, so I've had the opportunity to see some of him too.

Pitching is vital, but it takes more than the man on the mound to win games. You've got to have support from the field and good sticks. At playoff time, two or three good pitchers won't get you anything but a trip home. I hear a lot about Franklin and Marshall, but they're not all Kountze has. From what I hear, a freshman has the highest batting average and looks good behind the plate. Most positions look solid except for shortstop. Kountze should make a good run this year, but it will be with the help of Marshall and Franklin- not riding on their shoulders.

Oh Ok,  struck out Franklin and caused Marshall to ground to second, got on but with an E4 throwing error.   

your correct I guess I had him and Powell reversed in my mind...So kudos to Griffin, but like I said He is a LIGIT pitcher! LOL...PS pitchers are not the sole reason for a ground ball or even a strike out.

Pitching is vital, but it takes more than the man on the mound to win games. You've got to have support from the field and good sticks. At playoff time, two or three good pitchers won't get you anything but a trip home. I hear a lot about Franklin and Marshall, but they're not all Kountze has. From what I hear, a freshman has the highest batting average and looks good behind the plate. Most positions look solid except for shortstop. Kountze should make a good run this year, but it will be with the help of Marshall and Franklin- not riding on their shoulders.

That is a very valid point and Kountze needs to develop a team chemistry that relies on the team instead of the individual.  But, gonna take a little exception. You take Franklin and Marshall off the mound and out of the lineup and your pitching rotation and your hitting lineup becomes very suspect and the averages you speak of were derived from four games not the total of eight they have played. Im not taking anything away from any player but touting a batting average with 5 or 6 at bats is not sound. Think about it this way. Billy Bob has had 10 at bats and has two hits, that's and average of .200. But the way the stats have been presented only accounts for say five at bats with two hits and that's a .400 average. Which average is more true?  My point is this; embrace the leadership and talent on a team as a foundation and build upon it, starting with support and emulation followed by actions. Additionally,  IMO Ryder Longion is a very important part of the Lions pitching rotation as well, plus contributes at the plate. Marshall, Coplen, Franklin, Bevelaquia, Coe, Longion, and Whisenhant did some work a the plate during the Kountze tournament. Thats seven of nine batters hitting well, hope it continues.  As far as being down on any kid, well I am not going to do it, Short Stop has struggled, but he has kept on the work train after practice trying to work out the kinks and I hope for him he can work things out and gain back his MoJo! Best of luck to the Lions as they go face the 2A state champ Halletsville and the 3A state champ LaGrange in the Yokum Tournament this coming Friday.       

No, I am saying that it takes more than two good pitchers for a team to be successful and Kountze has a lot more to offer than just Franklin and Marshall. They are both good players, and make a significant contribution. Their pitching is supported by other good players in the field. When playoffs come around (and I think Kountze has a good shot at making a play off run), a team has to be deep with pitching. A three game series can easily burn six pitchers. I think Kountze has a lot of great players, but only two names were repeatedly mentioned and no matter how good they are- they can’t do it by themselves. I think Lognion has made a great showing so far on the mound, also. Oh and regarding the comment I made about batting averages- I guess I thought it was okay to look at batting averages based on a couple of games since we were judging some pitchers based on their performance in one or two games. J

No, I am saying that it takes more than two good pitchers for a team to be successful and Kountze has a lot more to offer than just Franklin and Marshall. They are both good players, and make a significant contribution. Their pitching is supported by other good players in the field. When playoffs come around (and I think Kountze has a good shot at making a play off run), a team has to be deep with pitching. A three game series can easily burn six pitchers. I think Kountze has a lot of great players, but only two names were repeatedly mentioned and no matter how good they are- they can’t do it by themselves. I think Lognion has made a great showing so far on the mound, also. Oh and regarding the comment I made about batting averages- I guess I thought it was okay to look at batting averages based on a couple of games since we were judging some pitchers based on their performance in one or two games. J

A pitcher throws 25 to 45 pitches in an outing the aforementioned pitchers have probably thrown over a 100 pitches or more...and have been on the bump more than a couple of outings...in addition I would not judge a pitcher that had only had a couple of apperences in one tournament, on the other hand a batter who batted 5-6 times may have swung the wood 15 to 18 times and probably less to I defiantly would not make a judgement on them. Flipping a coin would be more accurate. Just FYI, I did make a judgement on batters who were batting low numbers prior to the past tournament because it just takes a bit to get everyone lined out and consistently productive at the plate and when I say consistent I'm mean 275 or better with an on base average of 300 or better.

Oh Franklin and Marshall get mentioned a lot because of their accomplishments and consistent outstanding performances. They are no different than the multitudes of other high school players that get talked about in other threads due to their individual accomplishments and performances. I do however agree that Kountze has several other players that are talented and as they produce and shine they will earn their Kudos as well just as Franklin and Marshall have earned theirs. This team does have a storied history to be written both this year and in the years to come. Kountze is going to be a program to be reckoned with now and in the future. I am very proud of all these boys and believe in them all. Kyler, Caden, Hunter, Coop, Kyle, Dustin, Logan, Kade, Dusty, Ryder, Rowdy, Kolton, Ethan, and Austin!

A pitcher throws 25 to 45 pitches in an outing the aforementioned pitchers have probably thrown over a 100 pitches or more...and have been on the bump more than a couple of outings...in addition I would not judge a pitcher that had only had a couple of apperences in one tournament, on the other hand a batter who batted 5-6 times may have swung the wood 15 to 18 times and probably less to I defiantly would not make a judgement on them. Flipping a coin would be more accurate. Just FYI, I did make a judgement on batters who were batting low numbers prior to the past tournament because it just takes a bit to get everyone lined out and consistently productive at the plate and when I say consistent I'm mean 275 or better with an on base average of 300 or better.

To be clear...when the pitch count was given it was in reference to what Coach Franklin allowed. The normal pitch count in a 5 to 7 innings pitched would range anywhere from 50 to 85, could be a bit higher depending on the kinda outing that pitcher was having.