Javelina

According to Texas High School Baseball

1. Kountze

2. East Chambers

3. Hardin

4. Deweyville

5. Anahuac

Region IV Top 10 Teams

1. East Bernard – 7 returning starters from a 21-6 Regional Quarterfinalist Team

2. Danbury – 9 returning starters from a 23-8 Regional Semifinalist Team

3. Hallettsville – 4 returning starters from a 35-3 State Championship Team

4. Schulenburg – 7 returning starters from a 23-8 Regional Quarterfinalist Team

5. Refugio – 5 returning starters from a 26-5 Regional Quarterfinalist Team

6. Marion – 4 returning starters from a 28-7 Regional Finalist Team

7. Bishop – 6 returning starters from a 25-7-1 Regional Semifinalist Team

8. Kountze – 4 returning starters from a 17-9 Area Finalist Team

9. Blanco – 4 returning starters from a 27-6 Area Finalist Team

10. Banquete – 8 returning starters from a 17-11 Area Finalist Team

10. Dilley – 9 returning starters from a 21-9 Area Finalist Team

Agree, last night Kountze could have given Silsbee a much closer game if that was the exercise at hand. Could have stayed with Marshall another inning and Lognion another couple of innings and it's a game, not to mention if Franklin stayed dialed in like the first inning Kountze would have made it a very close game if not right out won. Our young freshman got stroked, and one of our potential relief guys struggled but that's ok it's a scrimmage and you want to see what you can see. At the plate Kountze is tough with Marshall leading off, because he is a very difficult out. Generally he gets on and then we have Franklin coming three hole to drive runs. I think as a hole we are stronger than last year 5-9. Kountze was without district offensive MVP the past two outings and will really solidify the lineup upon his return against Shephard Friday. That should be a good test, more so than Silsbee.

Agree, last night Kountze could have given Silsbee a much closer game if that was the exercise at hand. Could have stayed with Marshall another inning and Lognion another couple of innings and it's a game, not to mention if Franklin stayed dialed in like the first inning Kountze would have made it a very close game if not right out won. Our young freshman got stroked, and one of our potential relief guys struggled but that's ok it's a scrimmage and you want to see what you can see. At the plate Kountze is tough with Marshall leading off, because he is a very difficult out. Generally he gets on and then we have Franklin coming three hole to drive runs. I think as a hole we are stronger than last year 5-9. Kountze was without district offensive MVP the past two outings and will really solidify the lineup upon his return against Shephard Friday. That should be a good test, more so than Silsbee.

The "coulda, woulda game". :rolleyes:  And you actually think Shepherd is a better test than Silsbee? Geez!

Two can play that game. I believe Silsbee had some "coulda, woulda's" that WOULD have made it more one-sided for the Tigers. ;)

The "coulda, woulda game". :rolleyes: And you actually think Shepherd is a better test than Silsbee? Geez!

Two can play that game. I believe Silsbee had some "coulda, woulda's" that WOULD have made it more one-sided for the Tigers. ;)

what would those be because I doubt if franklin or Marshall were throwing an actual game and going deep into that it wouldn't be one sided at all

what would those be because I doubt if franklin or Marshall were throwing an actual game and going deep into that it wouldn't be one sided at all

Did Powell or Griffin pitch in this scrimmage? If so, how many innings?

I know that Franklin and Marshall are good pitchers. But you guys are just playing one side of hypothetical. What if Powell pitched the whole game? And, I am quite sure Silsbee has the better hitting team overall.

Bottom line, Silsbee played this scrimmage like it was just that, a scrimmage. Tigers got bigger fish to fry.

I'm not sure why you're trying to defend yourself here. Silsbee is a VERY good team. There's no shame in losing to them. Kountze is much much improved. But I'm not sure they're too the point where they need to defend themselves for losing to one of the state's top 3A teams.

Aggies pull back the throttles brotha, I will be clear, Silsbee stroked our Fish and Shephards pitching is a bigger test, IMO

Shepherds TOP TWO are a better test lol they don't pitch all the time. Only about half the time. An the rest of the team is awful. Silsbee is 20 times the team that Shepherd is.

Did Powell or Griffin pitch in this scrimmage? If so, how many innings?

I know that Franklin and Marshall are good pitchers. But you guys are just playing one side of hypothetical. What if Powell pitched the whole game? And, I am quite sure Silsbee has the better hitting team overall.

Bottom line, Silsbee played this scrimmage like it was just that, a scrimmage. Tigers got bigger fish to fry.

and kountze didn't play it like it a scrimmage

Silsbee has a few freshman. I was hopeing to see them throw against Kountze some. Both teams to me looked pretty solid. Kountze Should do very well Franklin boy looked sharp as well as Marshall. I would like to see the game played in better conditions and an actual game. I would still take Silsbee. Hitting and defense is just all around better.

Eagles, and whoever else,

Not defending anything or giving excuses or hypotheticals. I was merely having a conversation / discussion about a Kountze on a 25 2-A thread. Why anyone from Silsbee or anywhere would take issue is past my comprehension. But since we are gonna go their, than let's go: first, defensively I saw Silsbee make mistakes in the field that a top ranked team should not have made. So better defensively " don't see it " as far as Silsbee's pitching, I agree Silsbee could have used their ace and made hitting more challenging. But as far as Silsbee's hitting, I think Franklin and Marshall gave them a challenge and in no wY dominated either of those two pitchers, IMO Lognion was not a push over either. Bottom line Silsbee did damage with the sticks against an inexperience freshman. Look guys you can paint how you want it but my original point was respectful and only said Kountze had the ability to give Silsbee a closer game and on the right day maybe pull off an upset. As far as a comparison to Shephard, I agree that Silsbee is a better rounded ball club for sure, but hitting pitchers that are solid 90 and above is a challenge. Eagle just FYI, it's my understanding several scouts will be present and most people when they go to a dance and the bands present, well dancing normally goes down; my point, the brothers will hit the bump. ;)

Kountze played a "scrimmage" just like Silsbee did AAW..Silsbee pitched griffin and Powell towards the end of the scrimmage I think.. I was there when gore pitched and Kountze did fine against him and that's who they mainly got their runs off of. Don't get your panties all in a ball AAW good lord lol We all know Silsbee is amazing:-) also yes Shepherd does have better pitching than Silsbee

Kountze played a "scrimmage" just like Silsbee did AAW..Silsbee pitched griffin and Powell towards the end of the scrimmage I think.. I was there when gore pitched and Kountze did fine against him and that's who they mainly got their runs off of. Don't get your panties all in a ball AAW good lord lol We all know Silsbee is amazing:-) also yes Shepherd does have better pitching than Silsbee

Not sure about better overall pitching, Silsbee is deep, but definitely the better pitcher. Last projection I saw had him being drafted #2 overall, most projections have him in the top 5 to 10. His brother isnt too shabby either. I believe from the comment about their big hitter coming back that Bone meant the pitching would be a better test and I believe Aggie just thought he meant better overall test. However both teams are great (Silsbee and Kountze), and both teams fans should be very excited for the upcoming season.

Hey, just trying to live up to my billing that you and a couple others have labeled me.

I commented because some Kountze fans were wanting to play the "what if" game like the "what if's" only related to Kountze. Two sides to that kind of talk. ;)

I think the issue is most of the time the "what if game" is a one sided la la land. But what I was dolling out was potential reality AAW not make believe bra. Silsbee is a good team so let's just leave it at that and say, best of luck to the Tigers this year, go far and go deep!

Same goes for the "what if" for Silsbee.

You were "dolling" out the "what ifs" for Kountze like there were none for Silsbee. ;) :rolleyes:

AAW I acknowledged the "potential reality" LOL for Silsbee: Again, if Silsbee stayed with Gore and Powell hitting would have "potentially" been more challenging. See to me AAW, "what if's" are only "what if's" if you don't have the talent to back up the senerio laid out. If you do than it's a potential reality. LMBO, sounds good anyway! Heart felt good luck to Silsbee, hope they win it all!

AAW I acknowledged the "potential reality" LOL for Silsbee: Again, if Silsbee stayed with Gore and Powell hitting would have "potentially" been more challenging. See to me AAW, "what if's" are only "what if's" if you don't have the talent to back up the senerio laid out. If you do than it's a potential reality. LMBO, sounds good anyway! Heart felt good luck to Silsbee, hope they win it all!

Gore?? Interesting you say Gore when he is probably 4th or 5th best pitcher on Silsbee's team. Powell, Griffin and Hartman will be the Tiger starting rotation.

My personal opinion after seeing the kid from Shepherd pitch twice....other than his obviously exceptional velocity, he's not a #2 overall pick. But then again, I'm definitely not an expert, nor am I an MLB scout. Lol but when it comes down to talent, he is head and shoulders above anyone that any other team could throw out there. Including Silsbee and Kountze.