Kelly/HJ/Lumberton scrimmage.

LOKI

I was at the scrimmage from when Varsity started at about 7 until about 8:30. During the time I was there the way the scrimmage went was as follows.

Hj offense vs. Kelly defense
Kelly didn't allow HJ to move the ball to well. They never reached the end zone.

Kelly offense vs. Lumberton defense
Kelly was having trouble moving the ball consistently but got a few big plays leading to a TD in the end. Lumberton also got one interception during this match up.

Lumberton offense vs. HJ defense
Hj defense held up tight. Didn't give up a touchdown or many big plays as I remember.

I didn't keep count but it seemed like each team was allotted about 20-25 plays on offense whenever they got the ball.

Overall I think all 3 teams defenses looked pretty good. But on the offensive side I think all 3 of these teams still have some questions there. But I feel pretty confident after this scrimmage that Kelly will at least win a game this year.

I was there the entire scrimmage and I agree mostly with fisherman2 but I will add all teams did well on offense later in the scrimmage. I'm partial to Kelly and didn't see any of last year's games since my son took the year off. I think Kelly will do much better than one win this season and was the best of the three teams last night. Critique: Kelly's O-line need to hold blocks longer.

[quote name="Cfrank Sr" post="1426921" timestamp="1377356799"]
I was there the entire scrimmage and I agree mostly with fisherman2 but I will add all teams did well on offense later in the scrimmage. I'm partial to Kelly and didn't see any of last year's games since my son took the year off. I think Kelly will do much better than one win this season and was the best of the three teams last night. Critique: Kelly's O-line need to hold blocks longer.
[/quote]

Well, I’ll say this….. HJ’s offense moved the ball well later in the scrimmages. Better than any other team there…. A couple of big fumbles stopped drives, but in the end I don’t see how Kelly would have been the best of the 3….. HJ didn’t allow a td at all last night and was getting 4-5 yards every carry…. Positive yards every time we had the ball…. I honestly don’t believe there was one offensive play for HJ that went for a loss. Our defense gave up a couple of big passes but still never allowed a score…. Penalties and fumbles caused HJ drives to stop. That will get cleaned up easily….. I have to disagree with the statement that Kelly was the best team of the night, I just didn’t see it…

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• 25-2A W25 Evadale VS F26 Somerville  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at West Fork Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Fork Game 3: If needed follows   R25 Big Sandy VS T26 Iola  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 5pm at New Waverly HS Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 2:00pm at New Waverly HS   R26 Burton VS T25 Sabine Pass  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 4:30pm at Splendora Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 1:00pm at Splendora   W26 Mumford VS F25 West Hardin  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5:30pm at CE King Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Friday May 3 at 6:30 at CE King  
    • If the voting public is so flaky that 3/4 will turn against her because of this news, why didn't they also turn on Obama when it was discovered that he actually ate dog? Maybe because the media didn't play up his transgressions? And if that is the case, how much power does the media have? They can sink a career for killing a dog, but dismiss and bury a story of eating a dog? How influential would the media be if someone other that Trump won the nomination. Let's say DeSantis was the Republican frontrunner...how easy would it be for the media to bury his candidacy...instead of him having that perceived cakewalk to president? I'm just thinking out loud.
    • 24-2A W24 West Sabine VS F23 Gary Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Gary Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Sabine Game 3: If needed follows   R24 Chireno VS T23 Joaquin Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Shelbyville Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 10am at Shelbyville Game 3: If needed follows   R23 Garrison  VS T24 Colemesneil  1 Game: Thursday May 2 at 6pm at Shelbyville   W23 Shelbyville VS F24 Broaddus  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at Woden Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed Saturday May 4 at 1pm  
    • 21-3A/22-3A W21 Diboll  Vs. F22 Anahuac  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 1:00 (if necessary)    R21 Central Heights Vs. T22 Buna  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 4:00 (if necessary)    R22 Kountze  Vs. T21 Huntington  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Kountze, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Huntington, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 7:00 (if necessary)    W22 Orangefield Vs. F21 Woodville  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Lamar University, 4:30 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Cleveland, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Cleveland, 2:00 (if necessary)   
    • BH vs Fulshear 5/2 @ 6:30. Humble High School. I guess this is a one gamer , but UIL site shows 3 games  🤷‍♂️ 
  • Topics