Nederland @ WOS scrimmage

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1424999" timestamp="1376709003"]
Im a little shocked at the outcome of this scrimmage. I really thought Nederland would outplay them
[/quote]

When Ned pulled the starters in was 26/13. WOS made sine great plays in the 4th quarter, but you can ask either set of fans the Ned starters did not play in the 4th Q. Both teams looked solid. Nederland looked way better than they did in last years scrimmages. WOS has 2 good QBs and a great run defense. This was a great 1st scrimmage for both teams. I'm happy with the outcome and most importantly NO INJURIES!!

[quote name="WOS95" post="1425003" timestamp="1376709520"]
both teams looked solid...good scrimmage...i think both teams are better now after playing each other...
[/quote]

Agree 100%. Love playing against the Stangs. They always bring it and its always a great game. I think both teams will be atop their districts again.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1424998" timestamp="1376708974"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=113378.msg1424986#msg1424986 date=1376707890]
Lemme guess, WOS 2nd team looked better than Nederland 2nd team?
[/quote]

Its a scrimmage
[/quote]
No need to get serious, just wondering because I wasn't there.

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1425038" timestamp="1376712606"]
Lemme guess, WOS [b]1st[/b] team looked better than Nederland 2nd team?
[/quote]

FIFY
[/quote]
WOS 1st team played the whole time?

[quote name="aschom78" post="1425049" timestamp="1376714109"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=113378.msg1425038#msg1425038 date=1376712606]
[/quote]

FIFY
[/quote]
[/quote]No, but they dont have alot of players so some of their starters played a bunch but  WOS starting running back played very little with Offense he played more in defense!

[quote name="aschom78" post="1425049" timestamp="1376714109"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=113378.msg1425038#msg1425038 date=1376712606]
[/quote]

FIFY
[/quote]
[/quote]

No. At this point in the season, WO-S doesn't have a decided 1st team and 2nd team. They are looking at two different QBs, various players at RB, and several open positions on defense. Right now they have no 1st team, 2nd team, etc. in the traditional sense. For the WO-S coaches, this was not about "winning" on the scoreboard. It was about finding the right players to fill positions and helping them make decisions to that end.

Seay and Kimbler were all out playmakers both sides of ball.    The defense didn't miss a beat last night against a very quick Wos offense.  Washington, Mayfield and Malveaux were dominant and they looked very capable of putting heat on anyone at any point last night.
The linebackers were effective.
Offensive line had one weak link in it  and it affected the running game last night.  White looked ok. Bordelon made a nice play to come back and get that wing and a prayer.
The 2nd QB (Smith) was  accurate and would like to have seen him with Seay and Kimbler.  Passing game will open up that running game as the offense progresses.
Noel is one of the best kickers who has come through in a while. 
Don't see many "problems" at this point just a few areas where the Dogs can be sharper.

Not much of a report but WOS scored more in both games. Both WOS teams looked pretty good. Not saying Nederland didn't, I'm just not a football guy and I can't watch the game that way. Our freshmen looked very impressive.

[quote name="tsr36" post="1425072" timestamp="1376738793"]
Seay and Kimbler were all out playmakers both sides of ball.    The defense didn't miss a beat last night against a very quick Wos offense.  Washington, Mayfield and Malveaux were dominant and they looked very capable of putting heat on anyone at any point last night.
The linebackers were effective.
Offensive line had one weak link in it  and it affected the running game last night.  White looked ok. Bordelon made a nice play to come back and get that wing and a prayer.
The 2nd QB (Smith) was  accurate and would like to have seen him with Seay and Kimbler.  Passing game will open up that running game as the offense progresses.
Noel is one of the best kickers who has come through in a while. 
Don't see many "problems" at this point just a few areas where the Dogs can be sharper.
[/quote]

The lefty that came in late at QB was very accurate. I really liked the way he threw the ball. Nothing against the first guy. Just wasn't expecting for the second guy to look that good.

:) it was a outstanding night for football over at west orange stark was not all that hot and the kids and fans loved it. it was fun to be sitting  with alot of the nederland fan  we old timers had alot to talk about from years past it was  fun .  the way i saw this  i belive nederland and west orange stark coaches got a look at alot of there kids and that is what  its all about dont you think both coaching staff  have alot to work with next week.now then for what i saw is nederland is a very big football team like years past the dogs have one of the best FG kickers in the state  this kid is outstanding.nederland running game needs work but that will come in time count on it and there passing game was one of the strong points and there recivers are just dang right good that took some very hard pops and still held onto the ball i was inpressed with that and so were fans on both sides. now a tich about wo-s  two good QB first time we have seen this at wos both can run and pass the ball very well and now for there running needs work but it will come around. now as for wos defence thay are right on target now to end this  i wish both teams the best year and  the good lord watch over each one of the kids. PS sorry for the spelling

Just a Mustang fans take who saw last years scrimmage. Nederland has an outstanding kicker. Their passing attack clicked better in the second half than the first. Really two long pass plays in the first half were busted WOS coverages, good job on NED's Qb to find them behind the secondary. Nederland outside of one or two runs really did not run the ball well IMO. Hard to tell if WOS was that good or Nederland just needed work. Overall, I thought the Dogs looked better last year. Really thought they had much more speed last year and probably were a little bigger than they showed this year. Their defense come up with some big interceptions. When the Bulldog QB had time to throw he was very accurate but I thought WOS was in the backfield too much most of the game. Nederland should win the district, but they may have trouble with speed teams in the playoffs.

For WOS, good start for a sophomore QB making his first varsity start and playing time at QB. Rutledge played well, especially in the fourth quarter. Remember, Rutledge (a junior) still has not made his first varsity start at QB either although he does have a little varsity experience at QB. WOS is going to have to run the ball better with their RB's than QB's. Defensively, against the run they were outstanding. Against the pass they need to be better. Having Johnny Shaw next week should make a difference.

Nederland should win district, WOS may have a better chance against Silsbee than perhaps many Mustang faithful believe (barring injuries). Just my take on things.

let me say this about both coaching staffs thay both have class and very smart  guys and both head coaches have been around for a long time and know there stuff.i wish i could say nederland and wo-s will win there dist but its unfair becouse i have not seen  the others play but thay both will be very hard to beat

[quote name="orangecoog" post="1425135" timestamp="1376760180"]
The story line should be: Big 4A gets schooled by a small 3a. Nederland always talks big but never delivers.
[/quote]

If you were there and that is what you saw then I need to get you a pair of glasses. It was a very positive scrimmage for both teams in my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin