Outfielders: Johnson SC, Stover BH, Jefferson CEK, Secura CR, Wehmeyer DAY
Catchers: Gonzalez SC, Pye CEK
DH/Utility: Upton KP
1B: Wheeler SC
2B: Perez SC
3B: Gonzalez NCP
SS: Rodriguez NC
At Large: Rogers NC, Jackson SC, Porter CR, Rawlinson HUM

Why do you have two catchers on the first team????? Are the stats that close that you had to have two? These picks get crazier every year. Seems like it's losing the meaning that it use to have. I would think Beasley has the edge at catcher.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1408548" timestamp="1369669576"]
So 4 out of the 6 catchers got 1st or 2nd team all district?  Seems like about everyone gets something these days.
[/quote]No... more like 4 of 11-13. We have 9 teams in 19-4A. Some catchers pitch so another one has to step in....
one made D player of the year. the two first team had a tie on the vote... their for they both get the award... and one second team

[quote name="PHD" post="1408525" timestamp="1369630763"]
Why do you have two catchers on the first team????? Are the stats that close that you had to have two? These picks get crazier every year. Seems like it's losing the meaning that it use to have. I would think Beasley has the edge at catcher.
[/quote] I could not find Beasley's stats but the Hearn kid is legit..New comer of the year last year.. this year.... .376 average 19 RBI's.. He picked off 6 and threw out 2 in district...He is solid at the dish... the kid is playing on the all Texas Sophmore team.. He is a first teamer. 
In all district a tie is a tie.. they both get the award

[quote name="hitman009" post="1408940" timestamp="1369836165"]
[quote author=PHD link=topic=112210.msg1408525#msg1408525 date=1369630763]
[/quote] I could not find Beasley's stats but the Hearn kid is legit..New comer of the year last year.. this year.... .376 average 19 RBI's.. He picked off 6 and threw out 2 in district...He is solid at the dish... the kid is playing on the all Texas Sophmore team.. He is a first teamer. 
[b]In all district a tie is a tie.. they both get the award[/b]
[/quote]
With a 9 team District and you have a tie for 1st team you could vote on the 2 that are tied and with the odd number of voters get a 1st teamer and a 2nd teamer...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1408947" timestamp="1369837947"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=112210.msg1408940#msg1408940 date=1369836165]
[quote author=PHD link=topic=112210.msg1408525#msg1408525 date=1369630763]
[b]In all district a tie is a tie.. they both get the award[/b]
[/quote]
With a 9 team District and you have a tie for 1st team you could vote on the 2 that are tied and with the odd number of voters get a 1st teamer and a 2nd teamer...
[/quote]there had to be 3 kids put up for 1st team or one of the coaches was not there or did not vote... that is the only way I could see a tie in a 9 district team.... they usually don’t do run-offs. Everyone would have known what that coach picked.. Could create predigest against future picks.. If it’s a tie then it is a tie... why not!!! They both deserve it..

[quote name="joebob" post="1408987" timestamp="1369842845"]
Wasnt Beasley defensive player of the year last year?
[/quote] What is your point??... that was last year... Hearn did not play catcher last year as a freshman... Also Davenport was MVP last year... Does that mean he should have got it this year??? Davenport hit .456 this year in district and broke the strikeout record in the district with 104 K's (which was his from last year 89 K's).  And got 1st team pitcher this year..
Yea he was worthy of MVP again but did not get the votes.. No dought Thames had a better year..

Hitman,

Do you know whose strikeout record Davenport broke, besides his own ? Or where I could find a listing of such ?
Wishing Tyler all of the best at Texas State. I recruited him for the Houston Heat. He turned out to be a perfect fit. Great kid, great manners, great work ethic. We (Heat) all have nothing but great things to say about him. I expect him to have a very solid career in San Marcos.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1409061" timestamp="1369854394"]
[quote author=joebob link=topic=112210.msg1408987#msg1408987 date=1369842845]
[/quote]Yes!  And I believe that Austin Homan was the 2012 Newcomer of the Year.
[/quote]Homan and Hearn was a tie for Newcomer of the year... they both got the award

[quote name="hitman009" post="1409003" timestamp="1369848911"]
[/quote] What is your point??... that was last year... Hearn did not play catcher last year as a freshman... Also Davenport was MVP last year... Does that mean he should have got it this year??? Davenport hit .456 this year in district and broke the strikeout record in the district with 104 K's (which was his from last year 89 K's).  And got 1st team pitcher this year..
Yea he was worthy of MVP again but did not get the votes.. No dought Thames had a better year..
[/quote]

Thames was a clear leader in the District: 
Hit .560 and was 7-0 on the mound. 

[quote name="AxeMe" post="1409286" timestamp="1369924954"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=112210.msg1409003#msg1409003 date=1369848911]
[/quote]

[/quote]

.560 not too shabby.  ;)

[quote name="AxeMe" post="1409286" timestamp="1369924954"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=112210.msg1409003#msg1409003 date=1369848911]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I batted .560 once.....

Until the power went out and I was not able to save my data. Curse you Xbox!

Definition of MVP in my opinion:

A player, who without his presence on the team, the team would not have won as many games or advanced as far.  In other words, take the MVP out of the picture, the team is much less without him even though it takes a whole team to compete.  Some kids get hurt and leave a team, but the results are still the same (win, win, win!), so that kid wouldn't be an MVP, maybe a great player, but did not affect the team's overall success.

Thames was MVP, hands down, and there was a couple of others who were really close to the title!

I heard Thames is going to blinn. Can anybody tell me why . He was probably the best hitter on bh and a really good pitcher. I know other kids are getting d1 looks and was just wondering why he wasnt. Also maybe he has been getting other offers i havent heard of. At any rate he is a heck of a player who deserves the mvp he received.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1409322" timestamp="1369928786"]
[quote author=AxeMe link=topic=112210.msg1409286#msg1409286 date=1369924954]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I batted .560 once.....

Until the power went out and I was not able to save my data. Curse you Xbox!
[/quote] ;D ;D I know that feeling!

I think its a lack of education of baseball in the state but many of great players have gone to play juco first by choice. You can get drafted after each year in juco where a at a 4 year you have to stay until your jr year or until 21.  A former teammate of mine played at Blinn 2 year and then two years at LSU where he was college world series mvp....went on to play for the Atlanta Braves so I would say it worked out pretty well for him. Who know maybe if he would have gone d1 first he gets lost in the shuffle and is out of baseball before he got a chance to take off. I really think JUCO is a great move unless you get the offer you want to your dream school.

As for thames, I would guess he is going juco because he tops out at 84-85 and/or the offers he got to 4 year schools were not the ones he wanted. I think he could pitch at a D1 regardless but if he can get that mph up to 88-89 he will be a no brainer after a year or two for a university, the kid can pitch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho