Most dominate football programs in Texas Alltime!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Katy: Eight undefeated seasons, 6 state championships, 80 percent playoff winning percentage, 33-game winning streak from 1997-1999. Katy's last losing season was all the way back in 1959.

2. South Lake Carroll: Southlake went 79-1 from 2002-2008 and won three consecutive state championship games, 7 total State Championships, and once had a 49-game win streak.

3. Celina: 8 State Championships and has won 70% of games.

4. LaMarque: 5 State Championships and won 71% of games.

5. Lufkin: Since 2000, the football team has gone 122-25, winning a State Championship in 2001. Very impressive considering the level of competition they play.

Since Ive been around an old enough to remember, W.O.S, H-Yates, and Odessa Permian have been the best Teams Although as of late Yates hasn't been much but back in the day before all those HISD schools Yates could play with the best of them

An Yes W.O.S does have the all-time Winning %

Celina has the 8 state titles but Corpus Christi Calallen has been to the playoffs 27 straight years and to the second round or better 26 times. I think I would take a quarter century of dominating the southern bend over a single title.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407361" timestamp="1369270096"]
Katy should give half their titles to Northshore and Humble ISD's.  Where they recruit all their skill players.
[/quote]

What? In the early 2000's we lived there and my wife taught at Katy HS when they were winning a couple of those titles or being runner up. None of those kids were from Humble or Northshore. Where do you get your info? ::)  Trying to dodge the reason why Humble ISD is non-existant in football with the exception of your round 2 Dawgs? ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1407482" timestamp="1369314558"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112133.msg1407361#msg1407361 date=1369270096]
Katy should give half their titles to Northshore and Humble ISD's.  Where they recruit all their skill players.
[/quote]

What? In the early 2000's we lived there and my wife taught at Katy HS when they were winning a couple of those titles or being runner up. None of those kids were from Humble or Northshore. Where do you get your info? ::)  Trying to dodge the reason why Humble ISD is non-existant in football with the exception of your round 2 Dawgs? ;)
[/quote] don't think a kid would ever transfer from NS to Katy unless he couldn't get on the field plus the schools are clear across the city from each other.  Katy has the titles but The Shore is where the scholarships are handed out. Katy is far from the most talented 5A teams in the state, they just probably have the best coach and program.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1407482" timestamp="1369314558"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112133.msg1407361#msg1407361 date=1369270096]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D

[quote name="cougar14" post="1407470" timestamp="1369309410"]
Celina has the 8 state titles but Corpus Christi Calallen has been to the playoffs 27 straight years and to the second round or better 26 times. I think I would take a quarter century of dominating the southern bend over a single title.
[/quote]
Calallen has been good for a while, but the south Texas competition is WEAK! Going two+ rounds down there doesn't compare.

Southlake Carroll won titles in 2A and 3A before the stretch run in 5A...Pretty darn salty. And they won those early titles in an offense built around the run under Ledbetter, then dominated the 5A scene through the air under Dodge.

And one name I haven't seen yet is Plano.

Hard to say who is top dog.

[quote name="badndn" post="1407709" timestamp="1369332539"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112133.msg1407470#msg1407470 date=1369309410]
[/quote]
Calallen has been good for a while, but the south Texas competition is WEAK! Going two+ rounds down there doesn't compare.

Southlake Carroll won titles in 2A and 3A before the stretch run in 5A...Pretty darn salty. And they won those early titles in an offense built around the run under Ledbetter, then dominated the 5A scene through the air under Dodge.

And one name I haven't seen yet is Plano.

Hard to say who is top dog.
[/quote]The competition in the district may be weaker but region 3 doesn't compare to region 4 where Calallen plays. Throw in the fact that they're about the size of Ozen and lose the to the eventual state champ about 50% of the time and other than La Marque who has multiple titles nobody in region 3 compares. When is the last time a 4A school other than La Marque won a title from this region? Unless you have multiple titles I think Calallen's success is untouched. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder