Nederland vs Dayton Game 1 / Dayton wins 2-0!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1400353" timestamp="1367547881"]
It was a great game... Gotta give some props to Bryce Armstrong with not one but two FANTASTIC catches in center field. And with that wind blowing made it even more fantastic.
[/quote]

That center is one heck of a player.  That kids made some outstanding catches.  As for Nederland, well let's just say they would not make the playoffs over on this side of the Trinity.  That game should have been 5 or 6 to nothing had Dayton's Coach not made some poor choices. 

Sweep them tomorrow Broncos....... Man that hurt to say...... ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1400359" timestamp="1367548460"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111638.msg1400353#msg1400353 date=1367547881]
It was a great game... Gotta give some props to Bryce Armstrong with not one but two FANTASTIC catches in center field. And with that wind blowing made it even more fantastic.
[/quote]

That center is one heck of a player.  That kids made some outstanding catches.  As for Nederland, well let's just say they would not make the playoffs over on this side of the Trinity.  [b]That game should have been 5 or 6 to nothing had Dayton's Coach not made some poor choices.  [/b]
Sweep them tomorrow Broncos....... Man that hurt to say...... ;D ;D
[/quote]

Huh?  A missed squeeze was about the only thing I saw and that's not on the coach. 

Dayton did a great job getting a win at their place.Dayton's pitcher kept the ball low and away most of the night and the umpire was giving it to him.Ned. hitters kept coming back to the dug-out complaining about the strike zone instead of moving in and forcing him to come inside.I expected more from this group.Nederland better pick up the intensity tomorrow or Dayton will be enjoying a little pay back for football season!

I was a little disappointed , you know kind of like a kid at Christmas . Not at the game , but the fact that they got a couple little sets of bleachers for the extra company , and they couldn't even clean them up a little. You know a couple cans of spray paint would have done wonders . Oh well , hope the smokin and the tradin guy from the hill didn't mind . And I will say it without an ounce if pain . Go gettem Barbers Hill make it 3 w's for 19-4a . As for the other team from 19-4a, gotta admit its pretty dern painful , but I will do it , good luck flea bags I mean bull dogs , sorry don't know where that came from .  ???  KP really took it to lumberton tonight . Good job guys .

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1400416" timestamp="1367554614"]
I was a little disappointed , you know kind of like a kid at Christmas . Not at the game , but the fact that they got a couple little sets of bleachers for the extra company , and they couldn't even clean them up a little. You know a couple cans of spray paint would have done wonders . Oh well , hope the smokin and the tradin guy from the hill didn't mind . And I will say it without an ounce if pain . Go gettem Barbers Hill make it 3 w's for 19-4a . As for the other team from 19-4a, gotta admit its pretty dern painful , but I will do it , [b]good luck flea bags[/b] I mean bull dogs , sorry don't know where that came from .  ???  KP really took it to lumberton tonight . Good job guys .
[/quote] LOL

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1400385" timestamp="1367550277"]
Way to go Bronco's!!! Man that felt un natural ;) Great win though 19-4A showing some muscle tonight!
[/quote] ;D you liked it!
Great job broncos , and good luck to the rest of the 19-4a teams!

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1400430" timestamp="1367580842"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111638.msg1400385#msg1400385 date=1367550277]
Way to go Bronco's!!! Man that felt un natural ;) Great win though 19-4A showing some muscle tonight!
[/quote] ;D you liked it!
Great job broncos , and good luck to the rest of the 19-4a teams!
[/quote]

Yeah you would be proud! Smokin was giving me updates last night and we were both cheering for the Purple LOL ;D ;D ;D Did Ned throw thier number 1 last night? or save him ?

From the beaumont enterprise  ;D

Young boys raced out into the grass and gravel-filled parking lot for the chance at foul balls that clanked off unsuspecting car hoods.

The twine hung behind home plate did not reach high enough to keep many foul tips within the park.

Fans overflowed from the limited, rust-stained bleachers to standing along the first and third baselines beyond the dugouts.

One of two rows of lights in the outfield was out.

The conditions at Dayton were not ideal for Nederland in a 2-0 loss Thursday night and neither was the Bulldogs' play.

"Embarrassing, just embarrassing," one Nederland player repeated to himself as he gathered his things after the opening round Game 1 defeat.

The Bulldogs recorded six hits through the first four innings, but did not manage a hit off Dayton junior pitcher Kevin Roe in the final three frames. Hope-filled chances were ultimately tarnished.

"We had opportunities, we just didn't get the big hit," Nederland coach Cody Robbins said. "I thought Mitchell Sanderson pitched well and gave us an opportunity to win."

The Bulldogs' next opportunity is Game 2, 7 p.m. today at Nederland. Game 3, if necessary, is 1 p.m. Saturday at Nederland.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Nederland-baseball-loses-to-Dayton-in-Game-1-4484701.php#ixzz2SEpeyRQ1

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1400478" timestamp="1367589834"]

Young boys raced out into the grass and gravel-filled parking lot for the chance at foul balls that clanked off unsuspecting car hoods.

The twine hung behind home plate did not reach high enough to keep many foul tips within the park.

Fans overflowed from the limited, rust-stained bleachers to standing along the first and third baselines beyond the dugouts.

The conditions at Dayton were not ideal for Nederland in a 2-0 loss Thursday night and neither was the Bulldogs' play.

"Embarrassing, just embarrassing," one Nederland player repeated to himself as he gathered his things after the opening round Game 1 defeat.

The Bulldogs recorded six hits through the first four innings, but did not manage a hit off Dayton junior pitcher Kevin Roe in the final three frames. Hope-filled chances were ultimately tarnished.

"We had opportunities, we just didn't get the big hit," Nederland coach Cody Robbins said. "I thought Mitchell Sanderson pitched well and gave us an opportunity to win."

The Bulldogs' next opportunity is Game 2, 7 p.m. today at Nederland. Game 3, if necessary, is 1 p.m. Saturday at Nederland.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Nederland-baseball-loses-to-Dayton-in-Game-1-4484701.php#ixzz2SEpeyRQ1
[/quote]

Wow. Not too impressed with the Dayton facilities I see.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1400484" timestamp="1367590381"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111638.msg1400478#msg1400478 date=1367589834]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One thing is for sure, the electrician is going to be ticked off they didn't mention his speakers and speaker wire hanging from chain in the corner of the dug-outs.......  ;D ;D ;D 

Poor Nederland, that dang rust must have been a real distration.  As for the net being too low, my suggestion is to hit the ball in the other direction, or at least don't be so foolish to park you car in foul ball territory.  Freaking halarious....... Got to love redneck newspapers....  :o :o :o

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1400491" timestamp="1367590905"]
[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=111638.msg1400488#msg1400488 date=1367590682]
Don't blame them. We Dayton fans are not impressed either. What do you do?
[/quote]keep winning games. As i remember daytons football field used to be a dump.
[/quote]

Winning helps.

How long has that field been there? The school is pretty new. The baseball facility looks much older.

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1400490" timestamp="1367590809"]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111638.msg1400484#msg1400484 date=1367590381]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111638.msg1400478#msg1400478 date=1367589834]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One thing is for sure, the electrician is going to be ticked off they didn't mention his speakers and speaker wire hanging from chain in the corner of the dug-outs.......  ;D ;D ;D 

Poor Nederland, that dang rust must have been a real distration. [b] As for the net being too low, my suggestion is to hit the ball in the other direction[/b], or at least don't be so foolish to park you car in foul ball territory.  Freaking halarious....... Got to love redneck newspapers....  :o :o :o
[/quote]

Smokin baby, that is funny and very true.  :)
I've heard a lot about how great of a hitting team Nederland was.  Were they overrated or did the pitcher just do a phenomenal job?  We could have an answer to that question tonight.