PN-Gs Faircloth backs off Spring Football

They scrimmage H-F and Texas City. Most of their skilled postion players play baseball, and with both potential QB's playing baseball, spring ball really wouldn't give them any advantage, but they do have 7 on 7 which will get the QB's and WR's on the same page. The extra scrimmage will give them a head start for the tough pre-season they have. I like their schedule. They will be ready for district with a quality pre-season.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1397514" timestamp="1366814578"]
So who is the 3rd Scrimmage with? Wish we could get PAM back on our schedule.
[/quote]

No 3rd scrimmage, just two.

When a school participates in spring football, they are only allowed 1 scrimmage before season starts. If you do not do spring ball, you are allowed 2 scrimmages.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1397554" timestamp="1366817875"]
Do we still have the purple and white game?
[/quote]

Wasn't the Purple and White game in the spring?

Not sure if that game can be played in August due to not really having the time to play the game with playing 2 scrimmages against other schools.

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1397485" timestamp="1366810798"]
http://panews.com/sports/x2094921196/PN-Gs-Faircloth-backs-off-spring-football
[/quote]

Story is wrong. All three of Beaumont schools are doing spring football with Ozen starting Monday.

Watched the 7 on 7 scrimmage yesterday with WB. Really liked the enthusiasm by the Indians. Passing game really looked good with Walker and Morse on the money. Of course nothing really matters until you put the pads on, but they moved the ball like slicing through butter. PNG is going to be very young, but they have a lot of talent.

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1399302" timestamp="1367325087"]
Watched the 7 on 7 scrimmage yesterday with WB. Really liked the enthusiasm by the Indians. Passing game really looked good with Walker and Morse on the money. Of course nothing really matters until you put the pads on, but they moved the ball like slicing through butter. PNG is going to be very young, but they have a lot of talent.
[/quote]

Receivers?

[quote name="pngfootball1" post="1399433" timestamp="1367343416"]
Morse won't even be in the mix...Walker is outstanding!
[/quote]

LOL...what family member are you!? first post so happen too.... That coach has two options... 1. Go with the junior QB that is 5'7" 150 lbs, 2. Go with a sophmore QB that is 6' 190 lbs? Both threw the ball very well and both run the same 40 time. I think it will be a good competition with the one who moves the offense the best winning the starting job. A lot of young talent on that team next year. I think both will be on the field no matter what.  8)

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1401960" timestamp="1367954921"]
[quote author=pngfootball1 link=topic=111417.msg1399433#msg1399433 date=1367343416]
Morse won't even be in the mix...Walker is outstanding!
[/quote]

LOL...what family member are you!? first post so happen too.... That coach has two options... 1. Go with the junior QB that is 5'7" 150 lbs, 2. Go with a sophmore QB that is 6' 190 lbs? Both threw the ball very well and both run the same 40 time. I think it will be a good competition with the one who moves the offense the best winning the starting job. A lot of young talent on that team next year. I think both will be on the field no matter what.  8)
[/quote]

What do these boys run in the 40?  I've seen both run and I wouldn't guess any lower than 4.7

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33