HF Job Open

Bet you the baseball coach doesn't retire...he'll surface somewhere. He doesn't want to work for this AD and if a class act doesn't want to work for someone that tells me something. So if the AD loses next year he should fire himself if he fired the softball coach after two bad years. From my sources the girls basketball coach left because of the AD...didn't want to work for him. I was in this business for a long time and I will tell you the way he is doing things...is not the way you do them.

Horns93...you drinking the wrong kool-aide my friend. Maybe I am wrong...time will tell.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rizon" post="1408197" timestamp="1369435507"]
Bet you the baseball coach doesn't retire...he'll surface somewhere. He doesn't want to work for this AD and if a class act doesn't want to work for someone that tells me something. So if the AD loses next year he should fire himself if he fired the softball coach after two bad years. From my sources the girls basketball coach left because of the AD...didn't want to work for him. I was in this business for a long time and I will tell you the way he is doing things...is not the way you do them.

Horns93...you drinking the wrong kool-aide my friend. Maybe I am wrong...time will tell.
[/quote]
Yes Rizon, you are wrong...my kool-aid is "crystal clear right," time will tell that we have the right AD at the right time for HF.

[quote name="Horns93" post="1408052" timestamp="1369411068"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=111095.msg1407845#msg1407845 date=1369356275]
So the new AD has run off the baseball coach, girls basketball coach, and reassigned the softball coach. My sources tell me a lot of unhappy people out there. MaHaffey was a class act. Softball coach had been there since I moved to the area. Do not know much about the basketball coach. Maybe someone with deeper sources than I have can fill me in...I'm not connecting the dots on why here.

HFfan5...any idea of those assistant coaches plan on staying?
[/quote]

Connect these dots...Mahaffey was a class act...The Baseball Coach Retired..... The Softball Coach has had a horrible record the last 2 seasons....so they are getting new leadership there...... Just because softball coach has been there a long time does not guarantee her keeping the job....if they are not improving.....Girls baskeball coach has done a good job and got a job at a bigger program...good for her.....Sounds like the AD is doing a great job..... He is doing his job......Assistants have to prove they are able to follow....before they are giving the job to lead......dots connected.
[/quote]

How long do you have to "prove you are able to follow"?  And what does that even mean?  How long has this new head coach been "following"?  Is it just because he was "following" at a 5A that he is more qualified than a guy that has been at a successful 3A?  I will never know the answer to these questions.  I guess that is why I am no longer in the profession. 

The girls softball program talent pool has taken a nose dive the last couple of years...very similar to what has happened to our football team the last 4-5 years.  You can't have the coaches throw strikes, get cluch hits, make tackles and catch passes; that is up to the athletes on the field.

The AD shouldn't fire himself if he has another 2-8 year or worse...but the administration that hired him should!!!  I was told that the AD said "2 and 8 is unacceptable!" and that is the absolute truth!

I remember reading that in an article...2-8 being unacceptable. It is my understanding that this 9th grade class went undefeated in middle school...is this true? If the softball coach is fired for having two bad seasons...almost every coach on that campus should be fired...especially whoever had the freshman football group this year...I believe they lost 3 or 4 games. You say assistants have to prove they can follow before given the position??? Well...I did some chatting with a community member after your comment to get an answer:

Strength and conditioning coordinator/defensive coordinator: 3 years experience...all middle school
Head boys powerlifting/offensive line coach: 1 year experience...middle school
Head girls powerlifting: 1 year experience...middle school
Head wide receivers coach: 1 year experience...middle school

Numerous coaches that had tones of experience were placed behind these people. I have a hard time that these four coaches proved themselves to be able to lead before the position they were hired for.

After what I witnessed Friday maybe the HF Job Open, as this thread is titled, should be for the AD.  As a former coach I would like to personally apologize to the athletes who participated in the signing on friday.  I have attended MANY signings and this was by far was the most embarrassing display of school pride I have witnessed.  The AD, who is in charge of hosting this ceremony, had very few words to say and the few words that were spoken were done with no emotion.  As if he was just trying to get it over with as fast as possible.  No local media was present.  I believe there was 4 athletes signing and the entire ceremony was over in about ten minutes.  In fact, there was suppose to be a 5th athlete who had a conflict on Friday, however, the AD would not move it to another day.  Sad for these young men.  When an athlete moves on to play at the next level its a big deal for the community, the schools athletic program, the student and the parent.  This should have been a time for celebration!

According to the buzz I heard in the short ten minutes I was there, this man is not well liked! One person said "oh he talks a good game when needed, but becomes a completely different character behind closed doors"  He has been at HF for a year now and I guess his true colors are starting to show.  They always do in time.

[quote name="hawkeye81" post="1408538" timestamp="1369663565"]
After what I witnessed Friday maybe the HF Job Open, as this thread is titled, should be for the AD.  As a former coach I would like to personally apologize to the athletes who participated in the signing on friday.  I have attended MANY signings and this was by far was the most embarrassing display of school pride I have witnessed.  The AD, who is in charge of hosting this ceremony, had very few words to say and the few words that were spoken were done with no emotion.  As if he was just trying to get it over with as fast as possible.  No local media was present.  I believe there was 4 athletes signing and the entire ceremony was over in about ten minutes.  In fact, there was suppose to be a 5th athlete who had a conflict on Friday, however, the AD would not move it to another day.  Sad for these young men.  When an athlete moves on to play at the next level its a big deal for the community, the schools athletic program, the student and the parent.  This should have been a time for celebration!

[b]According to the buzz I heard in the short ten minutes I was there, this man is not well liked! One person said "oh he talks a good game when needed, but becomes a completely different character behind closed doors"  He has been at HF for a year now and I guess his true colors are starting to show.  They always do in time.[/b]
[/quote]

This is what I hear as well. Is this true about the 5th athlete? If this is true I think I'm going to have to quit paying attention to what is going on out that because that really pisses me off. Sorry if I am not allowed to say that word setxsports.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1408543" timestamp="1369666495"]
Is this Jarrod Morris related to the superintendent Pamela Morris? If so it would explain A LOT
[/quote]

That is an outstanding question!  Not too sure on the answer, but definately something to look into.

That is a real shame about the 5th athlete and the way the AD spoke about the athletes that were moving on to the next level.  I don't understand how the administation can turn a blind eye to what is going on!

[quote name="hawkeye81" post="1408538" timestamp="1369663565"]

According to the buzz I heard in the short ten minutes I was there, this man is not well liked! One person said "oh he talks a good game when needed, but becomes a completely different character behind closed doors"  He has been at HF for a year now and I guess his true colors are starting to show.  They always do in time.
[/quote]
He probably was not hired on his ability to host signing ceremonies. I am sure the athletes that signed don't appreciate your comments though. Its about their great accomplishments, not how long the ceremony was. Congrats those that signed, and we are so proud of you. What else is there to say?

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1408578" timestamp="1369694310"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=111095.msg1408543#msg1408543 date=1369666495]
Is this Jarrod Morris related to the superintendent Pamela Morris? If so it would explain A LOT
[/quote]

That is an outstanding question!  Not too sure on the answer, but definately something to look into.

That is a real shame about the 5th athlete and the way the AD spoke about the athletes that were moving on to the next level.  I don't understand how the administation can turn a blind eye to what is going on!
[/quote]
From what I have read, he is not related to the superintendent, nor Garrett Morris or Dick Morris neither. Morris is a pretty common name.  :P

[quote name="Socrates" post="1408549" timestamp="1369670338"]
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will tell you that a lot of the coaches from the district were surprised that the H-F assistant baseball coach didn't get a shot at the head job.
[/quote]
I am sure their time will come. Was he/she the JV coach this year?

[quote name="Horns93" post="1408887" timestamp="1369810027"]
[quote author=hawkeye81 link=topic=111095.msg1408538#msg1408538 date=1369663565]

[/quote]
He probably was not hired on his ability to host signing ceremonies. I am sure the athletes that signed don't appreciate your comments though. Its about their great accomplishments, not how long the ceremony was. Congrats those that signed, and we are so proud of you. What else is there to say?
[/quote]You totally missed the big picture.  The way this man hosted the ceremony was a reflection of his lack of support and respect for his athletes.  The ten minute ceremony itself wouldn't have been offending if those ten minutes were spent celebrating these athletes accomplishments.  The AD showed absolutely no pride in the athletes great accomplishments.  These athletes deserved better and if this man does not have the ability to host signing ceremonies or is not capable of executing a professional/respectful ceremony I am sure Hamshire Fannett has many more employees that are not only able, but willing to take on this role. 

[quote name="Horns93" post="1408889" timestamp="1369810223"]
[quote author=Socrates link=topic=111095.msg1408549#msg1408549 date=1369670338]
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will tell you that a lot of the coaches from the district were surprised that the H-F assistant baseball coach didn't get a shot at the head job.
[/quote]
[/quote]No [b]not [/b] the JV coach.  I am sure most are surprised the assistant varsity coach (Keeney) didn't get a shot. This man knows baseball!!!!

[quote name="12gage" post="1409018" timestamp="1369850239"]
well if he knows baseball he will not have any trouble getting a head job elsewhere , i am sure schools are in line to hire him
[/quote]Hopefully he will stay at HF and continue to be the assistant.  Would hate to see him leave.

[quote name="hawkeye81" post="1408924" timestamp="1369834081"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=111095.msg1408887#msg1408887 date=1369810027]
[quote author=hawkeye81 link=topic=111095.msg1408538#msg1408538 date=1369663565]

[/quote]
[/quote]You totally missed the big picture.  The way this man hosted the ceremony was a reflection of his lack of support and respect for his athletes.  The ten minute ceremony itself wouldn't have been offending if those ten minutes were spent celebrating these athletes accomplishments.  The AD showed absolutely no pride in the athletes great accomplishments.  These athletes deserved better and if this man does not have the ability to host signing ceremonies or is not capable of executing a professional/respectful ceremony I am sure Hamshire Fannett has many more employees that are not only able, but willing to take on this role.
[/quote]
I think you are just grasping for something to complain about.

[quote name="hfresident" post="1409031" timestamp="1369851413"]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=111095.msg1409018#msg1409018 date=1369850239]
well if he knows baseball he will not have any trouble getting a head job elsewhere , i am sure schools are in line to hire him
[/quote]Hopefully he will stay at HF and continue to be the assistant.  Would hate to see him leave.
[/quote]
That is true also. A good assistant is a valuable person in anything you do.

[quote name="4wd" post="1408925" timestamp="1369834482"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=111095.msg1408889#msg1408889 date=1369810223]
[/quote]
[/quote]No [b]not [/b] the JV coach.  I am sure most are surprised the assistant varsity coach (Keeney) didn't get a shot. This man knows baseball!!!!
[/quote]
Don't know him so I am not surprised. I am curious, how do you know he did not get a shot, at an interview?

[quote name="Horns93" post="1409050" timestamp="1369852832"]
[quote author=4wd link=topic=111095.msg1408925#msg1408925 date=1369834482]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't know him so I am not surprised. I am curious, how do you know he did not get a shot, at an interview?
[/quote]

I would say the interview was just for show...AD knew who he was going to bring in!

[quote name="Horns93" post="1409037" timestamp="1369852140"]
[quote author=hawkeye81 link=topic=111095.msg1408924#msg1408924 date=1369834081]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Your wrong.  I have no reason to just complain to be complaining. I don't even have children at HF nor did I graduate from HF.  I was attending the ceremony because of a connection I have with one of the athletes and truly felt sorry for how little recognition was given to those 4 men.  An observation.......sad observation

[quote name="hawkeye81" post="1409215" timestamp="1369868108"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=111095.msg1409037#msg1409037 date=1369852140]
[quote author=hawkeye81 link=topic=111095.msg1408924#msg1408924 date=1369834081]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Your wrong.  I have no reason to just complain to be complaining. I don't even have children at HF nor did I graduate from HF.  I was attending the ceremony because of a connection I have with one of the athletes and truly felt sorry for how little recognition was given to those 4 men.  An observation.......sad observation
[/quote]
Yes, we believe you. This was your 3,4, and 5 post as Hawkeye81 and its just to complain about a ceremony? How silly is this? What was post 1 and 2 on?  My nephew signed a letter to play tennis. He went to a high school in Houston. The letter was signed in the coaches office. This school won state in football recently. He must be a bad coach too. He did not even have a ceremony.  Again, he was not hired on ceremonies, and I am sorry you did not feel his emotion at the ceremony.  stop the rumor (a "buzz" is code for rumor) mill!!!!

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1409096" timestamp="1369856504"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=111095.msg1409050#msg1409050 date=1369852832]
[quote author=4wd link=topic=111095.msg1408925#msg1408925 date=1369834482]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would say the interview was just for show...AD knew who he was going to bring in!
[/quote]
Which one is it? "He had no shot" or he "had a shot"? An interview is a shot!  :o Give me a break! Just because he did not get the job this time does not mean there is a conspiracy against the coach. People interview for jobs everyday in this world and just don't get it. People also get laid off. I am thankful for my job (even though I am working nights) and hopefully this person is also. He had his interview. You are telling me he was the assistant coach, correct? Had the team made the playoffs the last few years or even come in 4th place, he probably would have more to discuss in a interview. So, who is surprised? I hope he is able to continue to grow as a coach and maybe be apart of a consistent playoff program. We have so much baseball talent in our area. This may be what the program needs at this point.