BC vs Silsbee ---- vote for your pick

Who wins....comments on hows and why on the other post  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins....comments on hows and why on the other post

• BC
    • Silsbee

BC got lucky in the first game, winning on the only error by Silsbee. BC is a hard place to go in and win a game, you have to play as close to perfect ball as you can to win there. Silsbee out hit, out pitched, and out played BC only to be done in at the end of the game. I see the same thing happening this game, but this time BC has to play as close to perfect ball as they can to win in Silsbee. I have not seen to many clean games from BC this year, to many errors. Silsbee winning by 2, but I'm a homer. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="STiger85" post="1393668" timestamp="1365779659"]
[b]BC got lucky in the first game[/b], winning on the only error by Silsbee. BC is a hard place to go in and win a game, you have to play as close to perfect ball as you can to win there. Silsbee out hit, out pitched, and out played BC only to be done in at the end of the game. I see the same thing happening this game, but this time BC has to play as close to perfect ball as they can to win in Silsbee. I have not seen to many clean games from BC this year, to many errors. Silsbee winning by 2, but I'm a homer. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

C'MON........ BC put the ball in play and caused the error, errors happen trust me BC has had their fare share so far this season... Not the BC def of old.... Yes Silsbee out pitched, out hit, and out played yet they still lost.... The W is all that matters..... This should be a great game and I'll take BC in a close one.

[quote name="STiger85" post="1393668" timestamp="1365779659"]
BC got lucky in the first game, winning on the only error by Silsbee. BC is a hard place to go in and win a game, you have to play as close to perfect ball as you can to win there. Silsbee out hit, out pitched, and out played BC only to be done in at the end of the game. I see the same thing happening this game, but this time BC has to play as close to perfect ball as they can to win in Silsbee. I have not seen to many clean games from BC this year, to many errors. Silsbee winning by 2, but I'm a homer. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

STiger85, before I post I would like you to know all I'm saying is "there are 2 sides to every coin" and my comments are purely for discussion and not antagonizing. Just offering up another side or another view. Not saying either one is right or wrong, it's just another view. "I come in peace" ;D

1. One side says the other team "got lucky" while one side says "good teams figure out a way to win", truth in both statements.

2. Silsbee out hit BC in the first game, no doubt we agree on that. Hard to dispute facts.

3. Silsbee out pitching BC is one that could be looked at a little differently, just hear me out on this for a minute before dismissing the thought. Powell had a textbook game going, only 2 hits and very little traffic on the bases, he was impressive and I was proud for him since our families are really close friends. Powell goes 5 1/3 with 11 K's, 4BB, 2 H, 2 R, and 2 Earned Runs which is a very nice line, he deserved a better fate for sure. Guidry on the other hand had to figure out how to stay in the game and make some really big pitches in a couple of crucial situations. Guidry goes 7 innings, 12 K's, 2 BB, 9H, 3 R, and 2 Earned runs which is equally impressive when you think about it considering the amount of traffic on the bases Silsbee had compared to BC. Yes I agree Guidry gave up more hits, but he also pitched out of some really tough spots without allowing damage either and that's what good pitchers do. All in all both guys were tremendous on the hill and neither one got a decision, go figure. :o

4. As far as "too many errors" and "not many clean games for BC" I think both Silsbee and BC have the exact same amount of errors thus far in district play if I'm not mistaken. Yes, Silsbee has played 1 more game than BC but I hope you get the point that these defenses are much closer than one would be lead to believe.

IMHO this one will be another "barn burner" all the way to the end. Both teams are so equally matched and they know one another so well it's tough to pick a winner and justify the prediction. There's no doubt it'll be a playoff atmosphere at Tiger Park, I'm really looking forward to it. Both of these teams will represent the district well in the playoffs. Good luck to all!

Rake1

(and yes I'm hoping for a BC win  :D)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1393662" timestamp="1365778374"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=111063.msg1393658#msg1393658 date=1365777385]
BC has to many weapons! Silsbee will be hard pressed to stand toe to toe with BC...should be a fun game to watch.
[/quote]

Explain your comment please.
[/quote]
In my opinion...and I stress opinion! I feel Bridge City has more pitching, bats did not show last time around but I feel 1-9 are more solid and on defense they got the edge with good gloves and big arms...once again my opinion not taking anything away from Silsbee, because Bridge City does not show up to play they won't be a fortunate this time thru. Don't know if that explains anything or not.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1393712" timestamp="1365785350"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=111063.msg1393668#msg1393668 date=1365779659]
[/quote]

STiger85, before I post I would like you to know all I'm saying is "there are 2 sides to every coin" and my comments are purely for discussion and not antagonizing. Just offering up another side or another view. Not saying either one is right or wrong, it's just another view. "I come in peace" ;D

1. One side says the other team "got lucky" while one side says "good teams figure out a way to win", truth in both statements.

You have to have a little luck to win some ball games.

2. Silsbee out hit BC in the first game, no doubt we agree on that. Hard to dispute facts.

No dispute facts

3. Silsbee out pitching BC is one that could be looked at a little differently, just hear me out on this for a minute before dismissing the thought. Powell had a textbook game going, only 2 hits and very little traffic on the bases, he was impressive and I was proud for him since our families are really close friends. Powell goes 5 1/3 with 11 K's, 4BB, 2 H, 2 R, and 2 Earned Runs which is a very nice line, he deserved a better fate for sure. Guidry on the other hand had to figure out how to stay in the game and make some really big pitches in a couple of crucial situations. Guidry goes 7 innings, 12 K's, 2 BB, 9H, 3 R, and 2 Earned runs which is equally impressive when you think about it considering the amount of traffic on the bases Silsbee had compared to BC. Yes I agree Guidry gave up more hits, but he also pitched out of some really tough spots without allowing damage either and that's what good pitchers do. All in all both guys were tremendous on the hill and neither one got a decision, go figure. :o

Guidry did do a great job of getting out of jams all game long. It is nice to have a pitcher of that caliper. Would the pitcher want to pitch with the other team in the dugout or pitch with traffic on the bases, running his pitch count up.

4. As far as "too many errors" and "not many clean games for BC" I think both Silsbee and BC have the exact same amount of errors thus far in district play if I'm not mistaken. Yes, Silsbee has played 1 more game than BC but I hope you get the point that these defenses are much closer than one would be lead to believe.

Errors all year long favor BC. Not typical BC fashion , but BC wins , typical.

IMHO this one will be another "barn burner" all the way to the end. Both teams are so equally matched and they know one another so well it's tough to pick a winner and justify the prediction. There's no doubt it'll be a playoff atmosphere at Tiger Park, I'm really looking forward to it. Both of these teams will represent the district well in the playoffs. Good luck to all!

Rake1

(and yes I'm hoping for a BC win  :D)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell