Will Flanigan win with West Brook next season?

Having a year and a half in this new system West Brook is returning like 15  players ( the entire offensive line) but seems all the critics are writing them off! What do you think, leaving out your bias my schools the best attitude. Is Flanagan going to produce a winning year this upcoming season?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrookAlumni" post="1390625" timestamp="1364863827"]
Having a year and a half in this new system West Brook is returning like 15  players ( the entire offensive line) but seems all the critics are writing them off! What do you think, leaving out your bias my schools the best attitude. [b]Is Flanagan going to produce a winning year this upcoming season?[/b]
[/quote] [b]No playoffs[/b]. Winning season as far as record: [b]Yes[/b].

[quote name="LOKI" post="1390636" timestamp="1364865696"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=110729.msg1390634#msg1390634 date=1364865229]
Talent yes but no speed. That's the problem. None of them boys have [b]running from the cops type speed[/b].
[/quote]Did not no that was a requirement.
[/quote]i know where that came from  ;)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1390736" timestamp="1364916207"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=110729.msg1390634#msg1390634 date=1364865229]
Talent yes but no speed. That's the problem. None of them boys have running from the cops type speed.
[/quote]

Knock it off.
[/quote] He was quoting a Gus Johnson reference.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/02/gus-johnsons-25-most-over-the-top-calls/hes-got-getting-away-from-the-cops-speed

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1390791" timestamp="1364926481"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=110729.msg1390736#msg1390736 date=1364916207]
Talent yes but no speed. That's the problem. None of them boys have running from the cops type speed.
[/quote]

Knock it off.
[/quote] He was quoting a Gus Johnson reference.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/02/gus-johnsons-25-most-over-the-top-calls/hes-got-getting-away-from-the-cops-speed
[/quote]

No disrespect for the cops, but you don't have to run a 4.2 to get away from them.  Even us big boys had enough speed for that.  :)

Now back on topic, if you say they are returning their entire offensive line, that tells me 'winning record'.  But to do any better than that, you're gonna have to have that speed.  Especially with all of this spread offense crap that everybody runs now.

If Flannigan plays the right kid at QB, West Brook will be one of the four playoff teams. If not then the season will look a lot like the last one. As far as the speed statement, Hervey the returning starting RB ran a 10.6 hundred meters and is pretty fast. I'm hearing that the new strength and conditioning coach has the players looking like beasts. Will see???

The Flanigan fellow will be just fine. Fought first year head aches as do all first year coaches. Buy in from Srs. plus inherited staff is always an issue. If you look at his record, always produced winning seasons after year one. My God, he even had Orange Field at 8 win seasons. That might be tombstone material one day. Give the Coach a chance and you will be satisfied with the results. I believe he is pretty good at teaching athletes how to become successful young men also. That still matters even in today's sports crazed society. ;)

[quote name="fido" post="1391307" timestamp="1365088621"]
The Flanigan fellow will be just fine. Fought first year head aches as do all first year coaches. Buy in from Srs. plus inherited staff is always an issue. If you look at his record, always produced winning seasons after year one. My God, he even had Orange Field at 8 win seasons. That might be tombstone material one day. Give the Coach a chance and you will be satisfied with the results. I believe he is pretty good at teaching athletes how to become successful young men also. That still matters even in today's sports crazed society. ;)
[/quote]flannigan is a good coach and an even better leader of young men. his church and other members of the community started a petition trying to keep him. he led crosby to the playoffs the last 7 years he was at the school and had a 4-4 playoff record the last half of his tenure. his record indicated he was the second best coach in 19-4a for the better part of a decade, just give the kids time to get used to the system.

I see some positive posts, here, and I like that. I'm still on the fence about it. I would certainly love to see WB become relevant again, in 21-5A. Alot of things will have to change for that to happen. At this point, I'd probably be happy with 7-3, and a playoff appearance. But if the Bruins produce another sub-500 season record, I'd look for some changes at Brook. With the exception of Al Rabb, no other WB coach has survived after 2 losing seasons in a row. Hopefully, things will turn around. I'm praying they do.

I don't know but when the smoke clears everyone can see if there were only blanks being fired! Don't know much about this Coach but their are some negative rumors about him in his community that may not bid well for his future at WB! If some of the things being mentioned about him are true, then its going to be rough for Mr. Flanigan to produce! I'm not at liberty to mention any of the rumors but I will say, in my opinion, no playoffs, BISD may be looking for his replacement! IJS  ***Let's Go Bruins!***

[quote name="JRidge" post="1393205" timestamp="1365602821"]
I don't know but when the smoke clears everyone can see if there were only blanks being fired! Don't know much about this Coach but their are some negative rumors about him in his community that may not bid well for his future at WB! If some of the things being mentioned about him are true, then its going to be rough for Mr. Flanigan to produce! I'm not at liberty to mention any of the rumors but I will say, in my opinion, no playoffs, BISD may be looking for his replacement! IJS  ***Let's Go Bruins!***
[/quote]i wish i heard the rumors. maybe if the people at his church had heard them they wouldn't have started a petition to keep him. as far as i know flannigan still lives in crosby, his kids go to crosby and i think he still goes to church here. i live in his community and haven't heard a peep. 

If he has his Crosby defensive staff with him,I hardly think he will be able to OUT SCORE the teams in this district.A great offensive mind but he has a Hands off approach to the defensive side of the ball.He had too much loyalty to his defensive staff at Crosby and it showed.If he'd had a better Defensive staff at Crosby,the Merka era would have produced a lot more victories. 

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1393382" timestamp="1365645869"]
If he has his Crosby defensive staff with him,I hardly think he will be able to OUT SCORE the teams in this district.A great offensive mind but he has a Hands off approach to the defensive side of the ball.He had too much loyalty to his defensive staff at Crosby and it showed.If he'd had a better Defensive staff at Crosby,the Merka era would have produced a lot more victories.
[/quote]flannigan didn't bring his defensive staff from crosby. the dc was still at crosby last year and and so was some of the other defensive staff. the defense was actually better during the merka years, dominic couldn't throw so the offense wasn't as potent as the rest of the years under flannigan. i don't think flannigan lost a first round playoff game the the three years he started either.

I actually realized I left the "T" off of his! It should have been this community!
[quote name="cougar14" post="1393330" timestamp="1365627730"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=110729.msg1393205#msg1393205 date=1365602821]
[/quote]i wish i heard the rumors. maybe if the people at his church had heard them they wouldn't have started a petition to keep him. as far as i know flannigan still lives in crosby, his kids go to crosby and i think he still goes to church here. i live in his community and haven't head a peep.
[/quote]

You are so right! I'm a Westbrook Fan as well as Central and Ozen! I wish them all have a successful season! I just hope they all are building their program with integrity! IJS
[quote name="Justafan72" post="1393793" timestamp="1365802999"]
JRidge ! Don't everlettttthat happen again ! HeHeHeHe
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin