WHo is the best pitcher and shortstop in the golden triangle

Great point Bmtcpa87. I heard a few minutes ago Proctor may take the mound for Kelly tonight as well. Should be an interesting matchup. There are only 4 HS games locally tonight so if you're a BB fan, Kelly could be an interesting place to be (weather permitting).

For some other great players, Craig Biggio will bring his son, Cavin, and the St. Thomas team to Kelly this Thursday. Must have been 8 MLB scouts at St. Thomas when they played last and yes, Proctor was asked to fill out an information sheet by the Rockies' scout. He's on their radar which lends some credence to his being one of the tops in SE TX at SS.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told that Proctor is starting on the mound for Kelly tonight.  It should be fun to watch.  And yes, this Thursday Coach Biggio and his son will be at Kelly at 7.  Cavin is commited to Norte Dame.  There were a lot of MLB scouts at the game in Houston and Proctor created a buzz with his opposite field homerun.  I was told the scouts were there to see Cavin and the pitcher for St. Thomas.

[quote name="Low Ball" post="1390322" timestamp="1364760319"]
I hate to be a participant in the hi-jacking of a thread, but I have some questions. What is it that kids and parents could be missing that leads them to term a scholarship as a "Full Ride"? Baseball scholarships are year to year, and the fees that may be covered in part or whole would be: Tuition, books, all misc fees, meals, & housing. Did I miss something? Is there something else that would need to be covered. I know that if a kid is close to home, he may choose to not live on campus, therefore there would be no housing allowance, but, possibly a stipend to equate to that amount. An expert I am NOT, somebody please clarify.
[/quote]

The TOP D-1 baseball scholarship covers about 70% of the total costs (tuition, books, housing). They do not pay for lab fees or things of that nature. Most do not provide for meals. They may still provide for housing even if you stay off campus after your freshman year.

Most baseball players off-set the 30% with academic scholarships depending if they qualify.

Based on those numbers, a "scholarship" to Rice, TCU, Baylor or any other private university is still very expensive when you compare tuition dollars.

Either way, if any part of your education is being paid for, you're doing pretty good.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1390748" timestamp="1364918727"]
Out of 20-2A:

Justin Twine of Hemphill is one of the best overall SS in the area. And Torin Hickman of Woodville has shown dominance on the mound and should be in this discussion for best pitcher.
[/quote]

What position is Twine projected to play after HS?

Guest BigCountry66
How did the Kelly vs St. Thomas game end up?  Any stats worth mentioning?  I didn't see a thread for the game on the forum.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1391923" timestamp="1365218030"]
The only game I've seen, proctor was playing 3rd...he playing more short or 3rd this year?  Kid can play....the best? Who knows?
[/quote]

Proctor booted a grounder tonight that allowed St. Thomas to score the winning run tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder