20-4A Sub-Varsity District Results

BBGod

Guest BigCountry66
Also, if we are going to read stats (Hs, Ws, Ks) your Sophomore pitchers had, then you need to give the same info when you get beat.  It's OK to just admit that Vidor was the better team on that day.  You don't have to blame it on errors and walks.  Great job Vidor!

If you don't like the thread then don't read it or post. We call it our freshman team. You call it what you like. Ours is made up of all freshman others are not. What difference does it make? I don't post that our freshman team beat your sophomore team. I also just post what some of the highlights are for our team. Post some for yours if you like. If you read the post it states both teams did not play well. Seems you need to find something better to do than critique my results thread. And by the way it does matter to the parents and kids on these teams. Most could care less what varsity is doing!

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="BBGod" post="1389671" timestamp="1364498007"]
If you don't like the thread then don't read it or post. We call it our freshman team. You call it what you like. Ours is made up of all freshman others are not. What difference does it make? I don't post that our freshman team beat your sophomore team. I also just post what some of the highlights are for our team. Post some for yours if you like. If you read the post it states both teams did not play well. Seems you need to find something better to do than critique my results thread. And by the way it does matter to the parents and kids on these teams. Most could care less what varsity is doing!
[/quote]

Easy there lil lady.  I was only talking about Sophomore teams, not your 'Freshmen' team.  :) Don't get your panties in a knot.  I have a kid who plays on a Sophomore team, so when I say that nobody cares about them, of course mommy and daddy do.  But head baseball coaches aren't being graded on what their Sophomore team is doing (hence the nut-cuttin reference)

Maybe when your son is a senior and there are no juniors on the Varsity team, you can refer to them as the PNG Seniors.  :) Doesn't sound right, does it?  I agree.

I will say this, you guys have plenty to be proud of when it comes to that freshman class.  In a few years, I don't know if they will be challenged at the Varsity level.
And I do like your thread.  I was just picking at you.  I must have hit a nerve.  Sorry.

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1389706" timestamp="1364504726"]
[quote author=BBGod link=topic=110189.msg1389671#msg1389671 date=1364498007]
[/quote]

Easy there lil lady.  I was only talking about Sophomore teams, not your 'Freshmen' team.  :) Don't get your panties in a knot.  I have a kid who plays on a Sophomore team, so when I say that nobody cares about them, of course mommy and daddy do.  But head baseball coaches aren't being graded on what their Sophomore team is doing (hence the nut-cuttin reference)

Maybe when your son is a senior and there are no juniors on the Varsity team, you can refer to them as the PNG Seniors.  :) Doesn't sound right, does it?  I agree.

I will say this, you guys have plenty to be proud of when it comes to that freshman class.  In a few years, [b]I don't know if they will be challenged at the Varsity level.[/b]
And I do like your thread.  I was just picking at you.  I must have hit a nerve.  Sorry.
[/quote]

Personally I think that PNG's freshman class is not as good as Ned's sophomores. Both of those classes are very good in sports. I'm not sure how long a "few years" is to you, but they will be road blocked until Ned's sophomore class is gone.

Guest BigCountry66
I agree with both of you.  From what I've seen and heard about PNG frosh and Ned soph classes both are going to be very tough.  2 years from now it will be a battle.  In 3 yrs, 2016, PNG will be very hard to beat.  And by hard to beat, I mean they are going to kick the crap out of most, if not all of 20-4A.

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="spoonbill" post="1392517" timestamp="1365449618"]
vidor jv beat lcm 4-3 friday and nederland 3-0 saturday.
[/quote]

Vidor JV beat Ned JV???  That's impressive
Has Vidor's 'freshmen' team lost yet?

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1392545" timestamp="1365452042"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=110189.msg1392517#msg1392517 date=1365449618]
[/quote]

[b]Vidor JV beat Ned JV???  That's impressive[/b]
[/quote]
Yes they did beat them, Vidor's pitcher learned from his last start against Ned (loss 9-1). The first time they played Vidor threw alot of fastballs and they got pounded. On saturday Ned's 4 and 5 hitters saw a combined three fastballs in 8 at bats. Smart pitching on Vidor's part. Vidor's freshman got swept by Ned's freshman this year.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1392607" timestamp="1365469105"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=110189.msg1392545#msg1392545 date=1365452042]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=110189.msg1392517#msg1392517 date=1365449618]
[/quote]

[b]Vidor JV beat Ned JV???  That's impressive[/b]
[/quote]
Yes they did beat them, Vidor's pitcher learned from his last start against Ned (loss 9-1). The first time they played Vidor threw alot of fastballs and they got pounded. On saturday Ned's 4 and 5 hitters saw a combined three fastballs in 8 at bats. Smart pitching on Vidor's part. Vidor's freshman got swept by Ned's freshman this year.
[/quote]

The last time I looked 9 players bat....only one hit in a game doesn't say much

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="png1977" post="1395231" timestamp="1366206085"]
PNG JV beat Nederland 12-5...Chase Warren and Michael Hughes hit homeruns
[/quote]

That's an impressive win.  That Nederland JV bunch is really good.  Who pitched for the 2 teams?

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1395280" timestamp="1366210695"]
[quote author=png1977 link=topic=110189.msg1395231#msg1395231 date=1366206085]
[/quote]

That's an impressive win.  That Nederland JV bunch is really good.  Who pitched for the 2 teams?
[/quote]

NED
Bordlon
Chandler
Smith

PNG
Lane
Milan

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1395280" timestamp="1366210695"]
[quote author=png1977 link=topic=110189.msg1395231#msg1395231 date=1366206085]
[/quote]

[/quote]

3 of the JV guys are now on Varsity, and another starter was at regionals for tennis. Not the reason they lost though. PNG came out swinging.

Nederland JV beat Lumberton JV last night 11-1...Bordelon look sharp on the mound and everyone was hitting the ball! Price should be a tough kid for pitchers next year...he has a instinct for getting on base no matter what...this kid can hit. I cannot wait to see what Varsity will look like come next year with this group of Soph's moving on up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86