All-Time Starting 5 at Your School

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1385366" timestamp="1363209786"]
I dont think anyone associated with Ozen in any capacity is gonna like that Vidor list LOL. Several on that list beat Ozen 3 times right?  :o
[/quote]
Yes. Three times in one year.  8)

Trey Jenkins
Noah cole
George Williamson
Jake Mcwilliams
Cody Reese

I think thats it lol.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1385371" timestamp="1363210711"]
How about Buddy Davis for Ned. list.I think he played for some pro. championship teams. 
[/quote]He played at aTm. He played in the NBA for the Philadelphia Warriors, where he won a championship. I posted a article a while back about him being an Olympian. Here it is:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/The-competitive-spirit-lives-on-in-Nederland-3733965.php

Ill make an attempt at a Kelly list. It may be a little off. Feel free to correct.

This isn't a starting 5 just some players that come to mind:
J'Covan Brown
Taylor Mullenax
Edward Persia
Jude Messina
Ryan Zummo
Johnathon Brown
Matthew Pace
Keenan Simon

Anyone who goes further back than me feel free to expand.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1385399" timestamp="1363217531"]
Ill make an attempt at a Kelly list. It may be a little off. Feel free to correct.

J'Covan Brown
Taylor Mullenax
Edward Persia
Jude Messina
Ryan Zummo
Johnathon Brown
Matthew Pace
Keenan Simon

[/quote] kid with the last name Henry played, i think he went to Lamar to play football afterwards.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1385399" timestamp="1363217531"]

J'Covan Brown
Taylor Mullenax
Edward Persia
Jude Messina
Ryan Zummo
Johnathon Brown
Matthew Pace
Keenan Simon

[/quote]What about all of the Henry brothers?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1385401" timestamp="1363218341"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=110159.msg1385399#msg1385399 date=1363217531]

J'Covan Brown
Taylor Mullenax
Edward Persia
Jude Messina
Ryan Zummo
Johnathon Brown
Matthew Pace
Keenan Simon

[/quote]What about all of the Henry brothers?
[/quote] the Henry brothers are definitely worthy of being on the list. Dont know how i forgot them. There was also a guy from Kelly that went to Fordham in the early 90's i believe. I cant seem to remember the name though.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1385368" timestamp="1363209921"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110159.msg1385366#msg1385366 date=1363209786]
I dont think anyone associated with Ozen in any capacity is gonna like that Vidor list LOL. Several on that list beat Ozen 3 times right?  :o
[/quote]

Trey Jenkins
Noah cole
George Williamson
Jake Mcwilliams
Cody Reese

I think thats it lol.
[/quote]

Oh yeah...3-9 all time versus Ozen for these guys.....Not bad.... ::) ::)..gimme a break... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1385484" timestamp="1363268204"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110159.msg1385368#msg1385368 date=1363209921]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110159.msg1385366#msg1385366 date=1363209786]
[/quote]

Trey Jenkins
Noah cole
George Williamson
Jake Mcwilliams
Cody Reese

I think thats it lol.
[/quote]

Oh yeah...3-9 all time versus Ozen for these guys.....Not bad.... ::) ::)..gimme a break... ::)
[/quote]
Pretty sure we won once George's senior year and once Noah's senior year so that would make it 5-7 versus Ozen.  8)

I don't know that much about Ozen basketball history, in fact I was under the impression that Ozen had won 3 State  Champs. But here is my question: The year(s?) Vidor beat Ozen, how far did Ozen go in playoffs that year? Is this just a bragging right for Vidor? If so then I can understand why. But if Ozen went deep in playoffs those years, I would rather have a deep run in region than sit home and brag about beating a team. Just my humble opinion.

Vidor has beaten Ozen THREE TIMES IN THE HISTORY OF BOTH SCHOOLS....THREE! They all happened in 2004, and Ozen STILL WON the district outright, and advanced farther than Vidor did, which was to the regional round losing to eventual state champion Houston Jones...FACT...So what is the point of bringing up the wins against a program that has dominated them FOREVER? Congrats, you beat Ozen 3 out of 300...Gold star.... ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1385541" timestamp="1363276328"]
Vidor has beaten Ozen THREE TIMES IN THE HISTORY OF BOTH SCHOOLS....THREE! They all happened in 2004, and Ozen STILL WON the district outright, and advanced farther than Vidor did, which was to the regional round losing to eventual state champion Houston Jones...FACT...So what is the point of bringing up the wins against a program that has dominated them FOREVER? Congrats, you beat Ozen 3 out of 300...Gold star.... ::) ::)
[/quote]

300?  Be careful with the hyperbole Dickie.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1385541" timestamp="1363276328"]
[/quote]
Man we really hit a nerve didn't we. Wasn't you coaching Ozen during those 3 straight losses to Vidor?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1385581" timestamp="1363284282"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110159.msg1385541#msg1385541 date=1363276328]
[/quote]
Man we really hit a nerve didn't we. Wasn't you coaching Ozen during those 3 straight losses to Vidor?
[/quote]he was on the bench as an assistant?? Didnt know that, maybe thats why that post had so ump to it.  :o

Some names from back in the late 70's and early 80's for Nederland would be:
Weaver(probably the best I have seen at NHS) ('83); Greg Macon('83) great shot and quick hands on defense; Brad Watson(believe he played at a University/College)('81); Kevin Austin('81); Hefner;English; Pat Wilson(late 70's); Wade Prejean(late 70's).  That was when they played 4A in the 70's and 5A when it came into effect.  Would have made the playoffs several years if multiple teams could have gone back then.  There are probably a few in the early 70's as well but I wasn't watching high school then.

Of the players my sons played with only a few match up against those listed above:
Kelvin Smith
Chris Cunningham
Colton Weisbrod
Zach English

Heard but wasn't watching at the time that Cody Becnol(sp) was pretty good.
Did a little research and Nederland has had one player on the list of state basketball all stars listed by school: 1948 Walter Davis http://thsca.pointstreaksites.com/files/uploaded_documents/386/AS-BB_For_Website.pdf  That was a little bit before my time considering my dad was 8 year old then so I cannot vouch for how good he would be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder