20-4A

Brook has now played or scrimmaged most of the teams in the district.  As a non-biased observer, it seems to me that Nederland is clearly better than the others.  PNG, Livingston, LCM and Vidor seem about equal.  They all have decent pitching and average hitting.  Ozen has a nice pitcher, but they need more players.  I don't see them being in the hunt.  Haven't seen Central, but I assume they are still Central.

[quote name="OleYosemiteSam" post="1383142" timestamp="1362589848"]
I can only assume that, in your opinion, Lumberton wasn't even worth mentioning.
I think this should be a fun season! ;D
[/quote]

Sorry!  Forgot about them.  Haven't seen them play.      :-[

[quote name="westend1" post="1383138" timestamp="1362588962"]
Brook has now played or scrimmaged most of the teams in the district.  As a non-biased observer, it seems to me that Nederland is clearly better than the others.  PNG, Livingston, LCM and Vidor seem about equal.  They all have decent pitching and average hitting.  Ozen has a nice pitcher, but they need more players.  I don't see them being in the hunt.  Haven't seen Central, but I assume they are still Central.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree that Nederland is clearly above the rest as it stands now. They have a dominant arm in Sanderson and have the offense that is capable of putting up crooked numbers against anyone. LCM will always be in contention but I dont know if they have enough talent to win games away from the matchbox they play their home games in. PNG has underperformed IMO but if Ashworth gets rolling then this team should win just about every game he throws in. Vidor has some pitching but is also underperforming IMO and their offense is just too inconsistent. Lumberton is inconsistent in every facet of the game it seems , and I dont believe they have the stud arm to win low scoring games against other top aces. Ozen and Livingston are both good when their #1 is on the mound but they just dont have enough around them to be consistent. And Central is Central but hopefully they will take steps in the right direction this season. Six days and counting!

[quote name="utfan1982" post="1383150" timestamp="1362592780"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=110046.msg1383138#msg1383138 date=1362588962]
[/quote]

Yes, I agree that Nederland is clearly above the rest as it stands now. They have a dominant arm in Sanderson and have the offense that is capable of putting up crooked numbers against anyone. LCM will always be in contention but I dont know if they have enough talent to win games away from the matchbox they play their home games in. [color=purple][b]PNG has underperformed IMO but if Ashworth gets rolling then this team should win just about every game he throws in.[/b][/color] Vidor has some pitching but is also underperforming IMO and their offense is just too inconsistent. Lumberton is inconsistent in every facet of the game it seems , and I dont believe they have the stud arm to win low scoring games against other top aces. Ozen and Livingston are both good when their #1 is on the mound but they just dont have enough around them to be consistent. And Central is Central but hopefully they will take steps in the right direction this season. Six days and counting!
[/quote]

This statement should read....

PNG has underperformed IMO but as long as [color=red][b]Ledoux continues rolling[/b][/color] then this team should win just about every game he throws in.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1383169" timestamp="1362596649"]
[b]

PNG has underperformed IMO but as long as [color=red][b]Ledoux continues rolling[/b][/color] then this team should win just about every game he throws in.

Rake1[/b]
[/quote]

So they should be at least a .500 team this district?

Nederland has looked very good thus far. LC-M has had good pitching but I haven't seen them enough to know about the offense. From what I have seen, PNG is havin trouble with the bats but Ledoux is dealing and will keep them in games when he is on the mound. Vidor has the pitching to compete for a spot if they can swing it. Lumberton has been on and off but showed the ability to compete with good teams in the LCM tourney and beating undefeated HJ last night. Livingston and Ozen both have a good number 1, but lack depth on the bump. Good luck to Central.

[quote author=utfan1982 link=topic=110046.msg1383150#msg1383150 date=1362592780]
[/quote]

Yes, I agree that Nederland is clearly above the rest as it stands now. They have a dominant arm in Sanderson and have the offense that is capable of putting up crooked numbers against anyone. LCM will always be in contention but I dont know if they have enough talent to win games away from the matchbox they play their home games in. [color=purple][b]PNG has underperformed IMO but if Ashworth gets rolling then this team should win just about every game he throws in.[/b][/color] Vidor has some pitching but is also underperforming IMO and their offense is just too inconsistent. Lumberton is inconsistent in every facet of the game it seems , and I dont believe they have the stud arm to win low scoring games against other top aces. Ozen and Livingston are both good when their #1 is on the mound but they just dont have enough around them to be consistent. And Central is Central but hopefully they will take steps in the right direction this season. Six days and counting!
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Amen to that, brother.
I was going to post the same thing. Kid has been spot on.

[quote name="Ballplayer14" post="1383180" timestamp="1362597928"]
Nederland has looked very good thus far. LC-M has had good pitching but I haven't seen them enough to know about the offense. From what I have seen, PNG is havin trouble with the bats but Ledoux is dealing and will keep them in games when he is on the mound. Vidor has the pitching to compete for a spot if they can swing it. Lumberton has been on and off but showed the ability to compete with good teams in the LCM tourney and beating undefeated HJ last night. Livingston and Ozen both have a good number 1, but lack depth on the bump. Good luck to Central.
[/quote]

It's hard to judge teams from tournaments.... I am ready for the games that count!!!

[quote name="Critter" post="1383182" timestamp="1362598170"]
[quote author=Ballplayer14 link=topic=110046.msg1383180#msg1383180 date=1362597928]
[/quote]

It's hard to judge teams from tournaments.... I am ready for the games that count!!!
[/quote]

Very true. Tournaments are all about reps and depth... A lot can chance when a team has one game to win on one night. I'm ready to watch

[quote author=utfan1982 link=topic=110046.msg1383150#msg1383150 date=1362592780]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Na, I'm going to stick with my previous statement. Clearly Ledoux is already rolling right now and the Indians have been great with him on the bump. But that being said, (depending on how your schedule falls) having a 1-2 you can throw out there and be the favorite every night is the key in district play. I picked PNG to win district this year back in January and if Ashworth can get on a roll (and if Ledoux can continue doing what he has done) I think there is a good chance this team could give Nederland a run for the 20-4A title.

[quote name="utfan1982" post="1383204" timestamp="1362606779"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110046.msg1383169#msg1383169 date=1362596649]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Na, I'm going to stick with my previous statement. Clearly Ledoux is already rolling right now and the Indians have been great with him on the bump. But that being said, (depending on how your schedule falls) having a 1-2 you can throw out there and be the favorite every night is the key in district play. I picked PNG to win district this year back in January and if Ashworth can get on a roll (and if Ledoux can continue doing what he has done) I think there is a good chance this team could give Nederland a run for the 20-4A title.
[/quote]

Stick with your statement, no problem, I'll stick with the numbers from last year and the current season which firmly establishes who is the #1. Regardless who "you think" is the #1 is they are both quality arms.

Rake1

Lance is a high quality pitcher and competitor, the matchup against Nederland will be very interesting.  Nederland's team chemistry appears to be a strong suit along with good pitching and defense, a quality dugout is a key to a special season... Nederland appears to have that... throw in some timely hitting and the Dogs just flat out will be tough to beat.  This entire senior class from Nederland just appears to know how to WIN, they are WINNERS, just a special group.  No matter who was favored early or what the slate looks like now, I expect them to COMPETE until the last out of the season and I expect that may be a ways out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nah........... 8)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ledoux is the obvious starter right now with the Freshman Leckich being 2nd, and Ashworth 3rd. IMO. Ive seen them all pitch and as of now, and based on their performance so far, that should be the order. Too many walks for Ashworth up to this point, but he looked alot better the last game against Arlington.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin