HJ AD/Head Coach???

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1390196" timestamp="1364669763"]
[quote author=spede link=topic=109970.msg1390159#msg1390159 date=1364617224]
funny how so many of you were "upset" with the coaching change at HJ and placed the blame on "lack of talent"....the real deal is that each team in the district chocked a "W" beside the HJ game on the schedule each year and now with the right coach in here things will not be that easy.  I'm not going to sit here and say who we'll beat and who we won't.....i just want to see HJ be competitive week in and week out.  It's time to earn the respect of the opponent across the field from you.....be able to shake the hand of the opposing team after the game and know there is a true respect between the players from the war that just took place on the field. 
[/quote]

Well said, I like it!!! Brother Mical,  I bet Former Fan will be wearing an HJ hat this time next year telling all the moderators from silsbee that they need a new coach or [b]they will never win against the likes of WOS or HJ[/b]... That dude is on crack!!!
[/quote]

Are you freaking kidding me? : ::)

You need to worry about HJ posting a winning record against anybody!! ;D

Silsbee can compete with WOS and has WOS's respect.
Who has HJ's respect?? let me answer that for you.. [b]NOBODY[/b]!!!!
Face it Edelmon, you are a football & baseball fan at a [b]basketball [/b]school.
Baseball does not seem to be working as well either ;D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MOSSHILL" post="1390212" timestamp="1364677987"]
IF HJ really wanted to win, and win fast, they should hire Duane Joubert. An amazing football mind.
[/quote]

Sutherland already does a great job with the basketball program.  No need to Joubert to go there. 

.....oh, you meant hire Joubert at a football coach?  Surely you jest!?

[quote name="Scatright" post="1390215" timestamp="1364678639"]
[quote author=MOSSHILL link=topic=109970.msg1390212#msg1390212 date=1364677987]
IF HJ really wanted to win, and win fast, they should hire Duane Joubert. An amazing football mind.
[/quote]

Sutherland already does a great job with the basketball program.  No need to Joubert to go there. 

.....oh, you meant hire [b]Joubert at a football coach[/b]?  Surely you jest!?
[/quote] wonder if Kountze would ever give him a chance at that position also if available again..........

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1390207" timestamp="1364674491"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109970.msg1390196#msg1390196 date=1364669763]
funny how so many of you were "upset" with the coaching change at HJ and placed the blame on "lack of talent"....the real deal is that each team in the district chocked a "W" beside the HJ game on the schedule each year and now with the right coach in here things will not be that easy.  I'm not going to sit here and say who we'll beat and who we won't.....i just want to see HJ be competitive week in and week out.  It's time to earn the respect of the opponent across the field from you.....be able to shake the hand of the opposing team after the game and know there is a true respect between the players from the war that just took place on the field. 
[/quote]

Well said, I like it!!! Brother Mical,  I bet Former Fan will be wearing an HJ hat this time next year telling all the moderators from silsbee that they need a new coach or [b]they will never win against the likes of WOS or HJ[/b]... That dude is on crack!!!
[/quote]

Face it Edelmon, you are a football & baseball fan at a [b]basketball [/b]school.

[/quote]

No I am not freakin kidding you...... Your a football fan at a mediocre, over-rated, under-achieving football school. You can honestly get on here and brag about 2nd place? How can you be happy with mediocrity???? How can you justify bashing another program?????? [b]2nd PLACE[/b]

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1390222" timestamp="1364679778"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=109970.msg1390215#msg1390215 date=1364678639]
[quote author=MOSSHILL link=topic=109970.msg1390212#msg1390212 date=1364677987]
[/quote]

.....oh, you meant hire [b]Joubert at a football coach[/b]?  Surely you jest!?
[/quote] wonder if Kountze would ever give him a chance at that position also if available again..........
[/quote]

He obviously prefers to coach  bball, otherwise he'd have had a football job by now.  Kountze probably should've hired him when they hired Lance Dale.  I heard he was legitimately interested back then, but showed no interest when they hired Franklin.  Who knows, but I would doubt that he'd take on that challenge seeing as he is one of the young guns in this state in the BBall arena.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1390225" timestamp="1364680705"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=109970.msg1390207#msg1390207 date=1364674491]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I am not freakin kidding you...... Your a football fan at a mediocre, over-rated, under-achieving football school. You can honestly get on here and brag about 2nd place? How can you be happy with mediocrity???? How can you justify bashing another program?????? [b]2nd PLACE[/b]
[/quote]

Whatever ::)
You only wish that HJ could even compete for that title of mediocrity.
By the way how many rounds deep did your might Hawks go in the playoffs?

The useless diatribe that you put on here is hilarious ;D

Silsbee went 3 rounds..If that is mediocrity I will take it every time over where your Hawks end up ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1390229" timestamp="1364681244"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109970.msg1390225#msg1390225 date=1364680705]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=109970.msg1390207#msg1390207 date=1364674491]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I am not freakin kidding you...... Your a football fan at a [b]mediocre, over-rated, under-achieving football school[/b]. You can honestly get on here and brag about 2nd place? How can you be happy with mediocrity???? How can you justify bashing another program?????? [b]2nd PLACE[/b]
[/quote]

Whatever ::)
You only wish that HJ could even compete for that title of mediocrity.
By the way how many rounds deep did your might Hawks go in the playoffs?

The useless diatribe that you put on here is hilarious ;D

Silsbee went 3 rounds..If that is mediocrity I will take it every time over where your Hawks end up ;D
[/quote] I think (not real sure) the last time HJ made the playoffs in football i was in Middle School, [b]that was in the 90s[/b]. Hopefully they change that soon with the new regime.

and as far as a mediocre overrated under achieving football school: I look at Silsbee as a good overall Athletic Program as a whole, i dont think anyone from HJ could not think otherwise unless their judgment is cloudy with blue&red glasses on IMO. Im not from Silsbee but the Tigers just this year went to the Regional Final in football, Regional Tourney in bball, doing well in baseball and has had other recent success in other sports.

as far as football: I would rather be 2nd place in district play with WO-S and put myself in the playoffs with a legit chance at a state title than to be subpar and not even sniff a shot at the last team out of the playoffs (4th place)

For some reason, I thought the topic of this thread was about the new Coach at HJ and not a pissing match between all the Silsbee fans and a proud but somewhat misguided parent from HJ. Good Luck to the new AD - whoever that might be. HJ is looking forward to continuing to build their athletic programs. Let's support the kids and forget all this negativity whether it is between other schools or other programs at the same school.

[quote name="Team Game" post="1390238" timestamp="1364686632"]
For some reason, I thought the topic of this thread was about the new Coach at HJ and not a pissing match between all the Silsbee fans and a proud but somewhat misguided parent from HJ. Good Luck to the new AD - whoever that might be. HJ is looking forward to continuing to build their athletic programs. Let's support the kids and forget all this negativity whether it is between other schools or other programs at the same school.
[/quote]
Classy!  Here's some karma for you. :-*

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1390258" timestamp="1364693004"]
[quote author=Team Game link=topic=109970.msg1390238#msg1390238 date=1364686632]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It is a thread about the new coach at HJ. Just so happens you have people from a 2nd place school getting on here and bashing our kids. If it doesnt matter if Vince Lombardi was coaching us, as one of them said earlier, then he is implying the only problem can be the kids... HJ is making changes and we are not allowed to be happy about it? We get on this site and read about how much of a joke we are, and none of you have won a state title in how many years????? I think I was on the last State team from SETX..... I'll also tell you this, we will see who the misguided ones are this next season... I know the kids, I know what problems we just got rid of, I know what we need to fix it and we are hiring him... Good luck to you guys next year, all of you because I see karma coming to get ya....

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1390303" timestamp="1364749353"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=109970.msg1390258#msg1390258 date=1364693004]
[quote author=Team Game link=topic=109970.msg1390238#msg1390238 date=1364686632]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It is a thread about the new coach at HJ. Just so happens you have people from a 2nd place school getting on here and bashing our kids. If it doesnt matter if Vince Lombardi was coaching us, as one of them said earlier, then he is implying the only problem can be the kids... HJ is making changes and we are not allowed to be happy about it? We get on this site and read about how much of a joke we are, and none of you have won a state title in how many years????? I think[b] I was on the last State team from SETX[/b]..... I'll also tell you this, we will see who the misguided ones are this next season... [b]I know the kids, I know what problems we just got rid of, I know what we need to fix it[/b] and we are hiring him... Good luck to you guys next year, all of you because I see karma coming to get ya....
[/quote]

Wrong as usual ;D
Well, you just have all the answers dont you, I guess all that peewee coaching come in handy

I am not bashing the players!! (I wish them well and good luck)
Like I said earlier, I would rather come in 2nd and go 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, than HJ never even getting a sniff of the playoffs.

You make it so easy to dislike HJ, with your blowhard diatribe that spills out of your piehole.

And I personally never mentioned Silsbee, you are the one who keeps bringing them up, I only respond to your asinine comments.

Have a good day and Happy Easter to you and your family!!

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1390303" timestamp="1364749353"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=109970.msg1390258#msg1390258 date=1364693004]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It is a thread about the new coach at HJ. Just so happens you have people from a 2nd place school getting on here and bashing our kids. If it doesnt matter if Vince Lombardi was coaching us, as one of them said earlier, then he is implying the only problem can be the kids... HJ is making changes and we are not allowed to be happy about it? We get on this site and read about how much of a joke we are, and none of you have won a state title in how many years????? I think I was on the last State team from SETX..... I'll also tell you this, we will see who the misguided ones are this next season... [b]I know the kids, I know what problems we just got rid of, I know what we need to fix it[/b] and we are hiring him... Good luck to you guys next year, all of you because I see karma coming to get ya....
[/quote] If thats the case why [u]you[/u] didnt apply for the HC/AD position of HJ? Just curious, wondering if its just another whiff of a statement by you yet again or is it actually factual.

It dont matter who they hire, the $$ going to basketball plain n simple. When my son played there (95-98)the baseball coach would have a hard time paying for umps much less the baseballs. I was asked in 96 by a St Louis scout "why don't ya'll have any lites" I told him we're lucky the boys have uniforms, and not much has changed thru several ADs concerning baseball. One question I would like someone to ask in any meetin>booster, school brd or whatever is how many kids were awarded schollarships in ANY sport besides baseball, I'd be willing to bet FFA kids got more than football and basketball combined. Beldomon, you need to get that boy out of football>>he's a pitcher or thats what I have been told...

[quote name="643" post="1390310" timestamp="1364752817"]
[b]It dont matter who they hire[/b], the $$ going to basketball [b]plain n simple[/b]. When my son played there (95-98)the baseball coach would have a hard time paying for umps much less the baseballs. I was asked in 96 by a St Louis scout "why don't ya'll have any [b]lites[/b]" I told him we're lucky the boys have uniforms, and not much has changed[b] thru [/b] several ADs concerning baseball. One question I would like someone to ask in any [b]meetin>booster[/b], school[b] brd [/b] or whatever is how many kids were awarded[b] schollarships [/b] in ANY sport besides baseball, I'd be willing to bet FFA kids got more than football and basketball combined. [b]Beldomon[/b], you need to get that boy out of football>>he's a pitcher or thats what I have been told...
[/quote]

Sounds like HJ needs to sink some money into their English program and leave the athletics to Silsbee and WOS.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1390329" timestamp="1364763605"]
[quote author=643 link=topic=109970.msg1390310#msg1390310 date=1364752817]
[b]It dont matter who they hire[/b], the $$ going to basketball [b]plain n simple[/b]. When my son played there (95-98)the baseball coach would have a hard time paying for umps much less the baseballs. I was asked in 96 by a St Louis scout "why don't ya'll have any [b]lites[/b]" I told him we're lucky the boys have uniforms, and not much has changed[b] thru [/b] several ADs concerning baseball. One question I would like someone to ask in any [b]meetin>booster[/b], school[b] brd [/b] or whatever is how many kids were awarded[b] schollarships [/b] in ANY sport besides baseball, I'd be willing to bet FFA kids got more than football and basketball combined. [b]Beldomon[/b], you need to get that boy out of football>>he's a pitcher or thats what I have been told...
[/quote]

Sounds like HJ needs to sink some money into their English program and leave the athletics to Silsbee and WOS.
[/quote]
He didn't say that he was a graduate of H-J - just that his son played there.  I get the impression that he is from H-D. :D 8)

[/quote]

[/quote]I graduated from French High School in 1972 and WTF does spelling have to do with this

[/quote]

[/quote]Read above post^^^and the impression I get on you 2 will get me banned ifn I post it. Hope I got all my I's dotted n T's crossed, I didn't use any verbs or adjatives out of place, ya know adverbs and stuff like that. I didn't know it counted off

[quote name="643" post="1390310" timestamp="1364752817"]
It dont matter who they hire, the $$ going to basketball plain n simple. When my son played there (95-98)the baseball coach would have a hard time paying for umps much less the baseballs. I was asked in 96 by a St Louis scout "why don't ya'll have any lites" I told him we're lucky the boys have uniforms, and not much has changed thru several ADs concerning baseball. One question I would like someone to ask in any meetin>booster, school brd or whatever is how many kids were awarded schollarships in ANY sport besides baseball, I'd be willing to bet FFA kids got more than football and basketball combined. Beldomon, you need to get that boy out of football>>he's a pitcher or thats what I have been told...
[/quote]

Has their ever been a pro football or basketball player come out of HJ? I know their have been several pro baseball players... 643, my son loves football. He knows where his ticket is. I could never take football away from him as much as I would like to see him concentrate on his baseball.

No one that I know of AND maybe 1(?) in football and possibly 2 in basketball EVER recieved a offer to play any level of college ball. I do know I pizzed him and the coaches when he played bb only BUT I did it in Jr High, we're going thru the same with my nephew and basketball at HJ. Looking back my son will say it was for the best and it all payed off. Ask what happens to the 'gate fees' on basketball n football, you know they pack the house for basketball

[quote name="643" post="1390390" timestamp="1364778838"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=109970.msg1390329#msg1390329 date=1364763605]
[/quote]

[/quote]Read above post^^^and the impression I get on you 2 will get me banned ifn I post it. Hope I got all my I's dotted n T's crossed, I didn't use any verbs or adjatives out of place, ya know adverbs and stuff like that. I didn't know it counted off
[/quote]

Seems I've touched a nerve. Don't be embarrassed, we all mizspell words every now n than! Haha

[quote name="643" post="1390452" timestamp="1364821742"]
No one that I know of AND [b]maybe 1(?) in football and possibly 2 in basketball EVER recieved a offer to play any level of college ball.[/b] I do know I pizzed him and the coaches when he played bb only BUT I did it in Jr High, we're going thru the same with my nephew and basketball at HJ. Looking back my son will say it was for the best and it all payed off. Ask what happens to the 'gate fees' on basketball n football, you know they pack the house for basketball
[/quote]

You clearly have not kept up with Hardin-Jefferson sports. HJ has had at least 3 football and 4 basketball scholly's in the last few years.

Over the entire school history, Hardin-Jefferson has had several players get scholarships to play football and basketball at the collegiate level. I can think of at least a dozen players from HJ who played college ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder