-
Posts
16,672 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
49
Everything posted by TxHoops
-
I’m late but I saw this on social media when she passed and thought it was perfect: ”Imagine spending 80 years on the planet, writing over 3000 songs, winning 11 Grammy Awards, 10 CMAs, 1 Emmy, countless nominations, having 55 top 10 hits…and at the end of your life, no one talks about that. Instead they talk about the kind of person you were, how you loved others well, how you stayed true to yourself, how you were generous and would champion others, and how you inspired others to do the same. If that’s not the goal, I don’t know what is.”
-
I’m with you buddy. I thought the OL ultimately won that game, which was the most encouraging thing I took away from the game. I know they replaced a bunch on defense but you know tOSU will always have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Giving them the ball inside the 20 to start the game, the fluke INT on the second possession on a very well thrown ball to one of the best handed receivers in the game, and the awful drop by Wingo on an easy TD…hard to overcome all that agaisnt a team like the Buckeyes. It also seems to me that Arch is at his best when they turn him loose and let him run around and make plays. I remember Mack being interviewed and saying he learned that early on with Vince, the best coaching with him was not to over coach him. I kinda feel like the same goes with Arch.
-
Kudos to the Aggies for honoring this legend while he’s still with us. I believe it’s a shame we often wait until someone is gone before we do this. RC was a great football coach and is an even better man. Class act in every sense of the word.
-
FINAL — Nederland 9 at West Orange-Stark 21 — Discussion
TxHoops replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Give him a break. He's been doing CFL games. -
How would you rank SETX Past State Championship Teams
TxHoops replied to Boogy1000's topic in High School Boys Basketball
He was on the team but barely played. -
You are correct sir (in my best Ed McMahon voice).
-
I was disappointed in the Brooks’ firing because I like the man a lot and thought he had earned at least another year. Having said that, Jeff hasn’t whiffed on a hire yet and has gotten in the weeds to find some. I would expect this one to be no different.
-
Love watching him play.
-
My State Semifinal Winners (coverage area & other)
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
So 75 percent? Slacker. And 12-12 against the spreads is only further evidence of how well you set those spreads. Stop with the pretense. We all know you’re a sicko. -
I’m not going to search for all the posts I’ve made listing Whitmire in my top 10 or singing his praises (but I did agree with your post in this thread). It’s not because I’m not as petty as you, I’m just lazier.
-
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Remember Austin extremely well. He would have been in my top 2 guesses of who previously held the record. He would also definitely be on my Mt Rushmore of the best OF players I have seen over the past 3 decades. Also a really good guy, especially considering being saddled with Roy as a big brother 😉 -
My State Semifinal Winners (coverage area & other)
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Like Annie freaking Oakley -
My State Semifinal Winners (coverage area & other)
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
He really needs to try harder with some of these predictions… -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
I am shocked he didn’t have it already. I would bet dollars to doughnuts he did in a significant less number of attempts. One of those kids who could go out and get 25-30 almost every night if he was just trying the score the ball. -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
I have it on good authority he has excellent legal representation. -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Madison wins other semifinal 78-71. If Sheryl Swoopes woulda had any eligibility left for Brownfield, Madison woulda got that behind whipped. -
Outside Coverage Area State Semifinal Scores/Post here
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Dallas Madison 78 Brownfield 71 F -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
After the brutal no call with 9 seconds left, bobcats have an ELITE defensive stop to win the game. -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Gary Stelly didn’t care apparently. -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
60-57 Final!!!! -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Crazy no call. Grabbed scales by the shoulder trying to foul and no call. Turnover -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
No one puts baby in the corner baby -
Orangefield 60 London 57/FINAL
TxHoops replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
60-57 :18 Timeout. of will have ball