Jump to content

Tiger90

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    1,463
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tiger90

  1. I would think KV has a very good opportunity to do something special. The negative is depth. One key injury could severely hurt their chances.
  2. I was in Kountze through those recent years. One thing is missing......expectations. Kountze has always had athletes, look no further than basketball, but in b-ball they expect to reach state year in and year out. Few of those kids want to play f-ball. Honestly, I was always told by the kids, "why practice in the hot sun when we are gonna lose." That is a defeatist attitude before the ball is even kicked off. I always drank the kool-aid when the statement "this is the year" was spoken only to find the status quo by years end. Kountze must get over the hurdle to be considered a playoff contender until then it will continue to just "be the year".
  3. Where are Hooks and Barbay? They should be the top 2 I would think.
  4. What's nonsupportive here? ??? Harper is gone at qb. Calhoun is gone at rb. Big Ahmad is headed to OSU. These all district guys will be missed early on. Jeremy a true soph is expected to be the qb with jr. Castle at rb. These kids have very good talent and I have seen them through middle school progress, but it still takes time to get into the groove. I hope you do well and have a successful season.
  5. It is great to be supportive and confident but let's be real.....we have a very young team in the skill positions. Next year could go either way depending on how those young guys step up.
  6. I like watching Coop's swing from -10 to +10 and then back again. He is just one big controversy. I don't even need to post and I get hit. ;D
  7. Barbed wire matches.
  8. It is a scrimmage that means absolutely nothing. You use these games to highlight weaknesses and to make needed adjustments. I remember last year certain "powerhouse" scrimmage teams getting pummelled in district.
  9. From a homer standpoint, Jeremy Johnson at qb for Silsbee. I imagine as an upcoming soph he will struggle early but he has some physical tools.
  10. If Johnson steps up and is the qb and the Tigers do in fact go spread, Harris could be a monster.
  11. Who was originally supposed to be Mr. Perfect before it was given to Curt Hennig?
  12. I agree. Silsbee should struggle early but improve as the season progresses. A lot of very talented new kids starting. If they make it this year they should be set for several years to come. I believe the "spread" may be making an appearance this year.
  13. 1. WB 2. WOS 3. Central 4. Memorial 5. Newton 6. Dayton 7. PNG 8. Kirbyville 9. Nederland 10. Ozen
  14. He was head coach at Kountze around 2000/2001 before "leaving" for CC.
  15. Usually sub varsity including m.s. have the same district schedules/teams. I guess I just do not like the idea of a major overhaul. There are a lot more sports affected than just football when considering major changes.
  16. This is dealing with more than just football right? I can't imagine some of these schools having to drive a few hours on a school night for some sports. I keep thinking of the jv and middle school games.
  17. Luke Williams and Butch Miller were better known as who before their stint in the WWF?
  18. So do we get a 1A, 2A,3A,4A single champion? If so these supposed "smaller therefore deemed weaker :" schools will still get beat come playoff time. So the "better/more talented" team in a bigger district won't make the playoffs and a smaller school will basically take the spot? Am I missing something here? WOS was a small 4A football and still made it, as was Newton when 3A, and Kirbyville in 3A. The supposed small HJ just won state in bball. If your community has the athletes, it has the athletes. We are in an unfortunate area. If many of the schools in this area were out west or up in the panhandle they would be a dominant force. We have a bloodbath in the greater Houston area due to the talent levels. Face value unless I'm not understanding this all here I do not like it. I would wager we would have 2 seperate 3A districts next year under the current system.
  19. hmmmm.......I am going to guess Buna, Kountze, or Woodville having to go back to 3A.
  20. Arkansas has lost a lot of its luster over the past decade. They were once a major force in bball.
  21. If anyone has to question Permian, all that needs to be said is MOJO. People think the immediate era is all there is but back 20 or so years when you thought Texas football you thought Permian.
  22. Obviously you can't read too well. > Nobody said anyone deserves this sort of treatment. Point out where that was even stated. I merely said that for all of the negativety being displayed towards Gillispie by the Aggie fans, it was not viewed the same by most Aggies a few years ago. Loyalty by coaches for the most part is a thing of the past. If the right money is shown, Brown, Stoops, Carroll, etc will pack up their bags and leave.
  23. Looking at Bobcat's list.....has there ever been a time when the northern schools (Jasper, Silsbee)have not been aligned with the western schools? I remember about 10 years ago the UIL placed Jasper and Silsbee with New Caney. That was crazy to expect Jasper to have that far of a drive. Three hours each way on a school night is excessive. I would also think they would keep the district even in terms of members.
×
×
  • Create New...