AggiesAreWe

Silsbee 61 West Orange-Stark 58/FINAL

Recommended Posts

1
Just now, TxStBobcatDad said:

And I don’t think anyone from Silsbee was involved in it

That doesn't surprise me either.

I remember last time it was girls from Beaumont that started a fight in the parking lot with WO-S folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember my senior year in 1998, Silsbee played Cleveland at home in Silsbee. There was a massive brawl in the stands with Cleveland fans fighting each other. Craziest thing I had ever seen up to that moment at a high school game. You drove all the way out of town to fight each other? Adults at that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember my senior year in 1998, Silsbee played Cleveland at home in Silsbee. There was a massive brawl in the stands with Cleveland fans fighting each other. Craziest thing I had ever seen up to that moment at a high school game. You drove all the way out of town to fight each other? Adults at that! 

Somebody probably was talking about someone’s kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember my senior year in 1998, Silsbee played Cleveland at home in Silsbee. There was a massive brawl in the stands with Cleveland fans fighting each other. Craziest thing I had ever seen up to that moment at a high school game. You drove all the way out of town to fight each other? Adults at that! 

I was at that game.  It was weird.  It was a good game though.  Wasn't that the year of The Great Disappointment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people will fight over anything. Watch the news. I can guarantee you a good deal of the violent altercations you see and hear about started over something stupid and minor.

Dave Chappelle called it "When keeping it real goes wrong." Can't say I disagree with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t how you could ever get in a fight at a silsbee game. There are about 12 officers at the games. 

41 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

There was nearly a fight at halftime in Silsbee last year near where you get food and drinks. Police escorted a few people out and everyone else back to their side of the court smh.

WOS had better not lose to Lumberton or Bridge City now.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few things.  This was a great game and a goid one for the Tigers in district where it really didnt look like we would be challenged.  Another sub par performance by the striped crew!  They definitely let them play for the most part.  I know there were several Tiger fans and even a coach or two who felt that both Wos big guys were in worse foul trouble than they were.   As far as the trashy comment,  i definitely dont condone any adults running around on the court celebrating but i cant say i saw them.  Now i would say it is pretty trashy to be singing “na na na goodbye” to an injured player down on the floor.  As far as a fight in the parking lot,  i didnt see any signs of one.  However i kept my family in the stands for quite a bit after the game expecting that very scenario.
 

As far as game play itself, we cant let let one or two players dominate a game like those two did tonight.  We have to do a better job boxing out and take some of those rebounds away.  Wos definitely played defense not allowing the Tigers the normal amount of open shots or penetration baskets.  We didnt have one of our better shooting games, caused by wos defense and those 100 year old rims, especially the one we had in the first half.  But it came down to us running out 5he last minute and a half or so and taking that last shot.  And as was said big time players make big time shots..

Next up….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

A few things.  This was a great game and a goid one for the Tigers in district where it really didnt look like we would be challenged.  Another sub par performance by the striped crew!  They definitely let them play for the most part.  I know there were several Tiger fans and even a coach or two who felt that both Wos big guys were in worse foul trouble than they were.   As far as the trashy comment,  i definitely dont condone any adults running around on the court celebrating but i cant say i saw them.  Now i would say it is pretty trashy to be singing “na na na goodbye” to an injured player down on the floor.  As far as a fight in the parking lot,  i didnt see any signs of one.  However i kept my family in the stands for quite a bit after the game expecting that very scenario.
 

As far as game play itself, we cant let let one or two players dominate a game like those two did tonight.  We have to do a better job boxing out and take some of those rebounds away.  Wos definitely played defense not allowing the Tigers the normal amount of open shots or penetration baskets.  We didnt have one of our better shooting games, caused by wos defense and those 100 year old rims, especially the one we had in the first half.  But it came down to us running out 5he last minute and a half or so and taking that last shot.  And as was said big time players make big time shots..

Next up….

I understand your point but that was all the student section,I expect the unexpected from the younger generation at ALL times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

Carter just lost to Wilmer Hutchins ...! And got Dallas Roosevelt next..😁

Hutchins is a decent team.  We beat them by only 10.  Goes to show just what a cat fight 4A is going to be.  Who knows which other three teams will end up in San Antonio. 

Sadly, we do know it won't be Carter or Hutchins.  We know that because they are in the same region with that 4th team that will be in San Antonio.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I understand your point but that was all the student section,I expect the unexpected from the younger generation at ALL times!

I understand that unfortunately those are the things that lead to other actions such as our players heading to that section after the shot.  And both of those actions create that friction that seems to hang around when these two schools meet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I understand your point but that was all the student section,I expect the unexpected from the younger generation at ALL times!

It's always inappropriate to celebrate an opponents injury.  I don't excuse such behavior but I do understand it.  if I was a junior or senior at WOS I would HATE Silsbee High School.  And the reason has nothing to do with basketball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Member Statistics

    42,951
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Bobcat2587
    Newest Member
    Bobcat2587
    Joined

×
  • Create New...