PhatMack19

ALCS- Astros vs Red Sox

Recommended Posts

Here are the updated details for the ALCS:

Game 1: Friday, Oct. 15, Red Sox at Astros, 7:07pm (FOX)
Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 16, Red Sox at Astros, TBA (FOX or FS1)
Game 3: Monday, Oct. 18, Astros at Red Sox, TBA (FS1)
Game 4: Tuesday, Oct. 19, Astros at Red Sox, TBA (FS1)
Game 5: Wednesday, Oct. 20, Astros at Red Sox, TBA* (FS1)
Game 6: Friday, Oct. 22, Red Sox at Astros, TBA* (FS1)
Game 7: Saturday, Oct. 23, Red Sox at Astros, TBA* (FOX or FS1)
*If necessary

Link to post
Share on other sites
1
3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I got my tickets for Game 1 Friday.  Getting the kid out of school early on Friday and hitting the road.  Should be a good time 

Gotta hit the original Ninfa's for pregame! I'll take the Astros in 6!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, baddog said:

Are you a Yankees fan? I’ve been an Astros fan for years.

Lived in Dallas as a kid.  I’m a rangers fan.  I rooted for the stros for years when they weren’t playing the rangers, including in the World Series.  with the cheating thing I kinda got away from cheering for them.  More so probably because of how so many stros fans dismissed or downplayed the scandal.  The Red Sox busted for the basically the same thing a year later, so I like to see them lose now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Lived in Dallas as a kid.  I’m a rangers fan.  I rooted for the stros for years when they weren’t playing the rangers, including in the World Series.  with the cheating thing I kinda got away from cheering for them.  More so probably because of how so many stros fans dismissed or downplayed the scandal.  The Red Sox busted for the basically the same thing a year later, so I like to see them lose now.  

It didn’t make me happy. I wonder how much advantage it really gave the Stros. They beat the Dodgers in LA against their best pitcher. Also lost every home game against the Red Sox. But hey, you have guys that say “stealin” signs with a runner on 2nd is just “part of the game. I guess it comes down to what level of cheating people are willing to accept……corked bats, steroids, spitballs, cutting the ball……it’s almost endless, but I guess if the White Sox can call you a cheater, then it must really be bad.

Go Stros!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, baddog said:

It didn’t make me happy. I wonder how much advantage it really gave the Stros. They beat the Dodgers in LA against their best pitcher. Also lost every home game against the Red Sox. But hey, you have guys that say “stealin” signs with a runner on 2nd is just “part of the game. I guess it comes down to what level of cheating people are willing to accept……corked bats, steroids, spitballs, cutting the ball……it’s almost endless, but I guess if the White Sox can call you a cheater, then it must really be bad.

Go Stros!

 

I hear you.  I think the difference for me is when you have a runner on 2nd you know he’s trying to steal the signs.  You’re not expecting someone in the outfield seats to be relaying them electronically to the dugout.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I hear you.  I think the difference for me is when you have a runner on 2nd you know he’s trying to steal the signs.  You’re not expecting someone in the outfield seats to be relaying them electronically to the dugout.  

I understand that too. For me, cheating is cheating, no matter how we try to absorb it. I cursed my Stros and didn’t watch them for a whole season. I am over it and hope they kick the crap out of Boston.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,778
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Lola Lola
    Newest Member
    Lola Lola
    Joined

×
  • Create New...