San Antonio ISD

piratevillain

I read about it this morning along with Stepp's tweet. I wouldn't be surprised if their week-1 games are cancelled soon too.

One has to start wondering about other ISDs following the same thing, I hope it doesn't happen.  Other ISDs might wanna look at what Paris ISD has done, kudos to them. Time to nip this thing in the bud and try to have a somewhat normal school year. 

8 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Apparently San Antonio ISD has cancelled football scrimmages this week. Can't find much else on Google except from txfblife on Instagram has posted.

Here's the updated article

Story: San Antonio ISD cancels several football scrimmages this week in order to give athletes more time to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Week 1 not affected as of now. Regular season starts Aug. 26.

This is the hidden content, please
via @expressnews 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Here's the updated article

Story: San Antonio ISD cancels several football scrimmages this week in order to give athletes more time to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Week 1 not affected as of now. Regular season starts Aug. 26.

This is the hidden content, please
via @expressnews 

That's a really a good idea, give these kids a chance to get vaccinated before they get full swing into their season! Cause when they cancelled the scrimmages, it didn't look promising at first! lol

I understand why they're doing this.  What I don't get is kids had all summer to get vaccinated and now "we're going to shut it down to give kids an opportunity to get vaccinated".

Maybe it's the climate, maybe I'm just being cynical, but I can also see this as a school district pressuring kids to get vaccinated by taking athletic events away. 

If we don’t get this nation vaccinated like we did with measles, ch. pox, mumps etc., we will not see football as it used to be.  Only 21% of Newton people have been vaccinated and covid is spreading here. Newton health dept. sends the cases to the news and they are no where near the amount of cases in Newton co. Most cases don’t get reported to them.

so if you don’t get vaccinated and when you get sick with it you will wish you had taken the vaccine.