HD or High Island Wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. HD or High Island Wins?

• HD
    • High Island

9 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Hull-Daisetta 70

High Island 0

Hull coaches finally put in a full game against Burkeville, da Bobcats coaches let da kids finish out a game. Usually da dogs have been called off way early, way to much basic offense this season. Hull may be ready to upset West Sabine in da playoffs, Hull got some studs.

And not ONE of them studs live in Hull.    Amirite ?

16 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Hull-Daisetta 70

High Island 0

Hull coaches finally put in a full game against Burkeville, da Bobcats coaches let da kids finish out a game. Usually da dogs have been called off way early, way to much basic offense this season. Hull may be ready to upset West Sabine in da playoffs, Hull got some studs.

Agreed, a few players that don't get mentioned near enough, are Sellers, Anders, Goodman and Aguirre. Sellers is just an overall athlete as Sophomore QB/SS, Junior Anders leads the team in tackles at ILB and Senior Goodman is quietly having good season on both sides of the line. Senior FB/DE Bryce Aguirre is in the running for District MVP, he is on pace for about 1,000 yards rushing and a double digit sacks. Sophomore TB speedster Broussard and Freshman TB talent Victorian usually get most the talk. 

3 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Agreed, a few players that don't get mentioned near enough, are Sellers, Anders, Goodman and Aguirre. Sellers is just an overall athlete as Sophomore QB/SS, Junior Anders leads the team in tackles at ILB and Senior Goodman is quietly having good season on both sides of the line. Senior FB/DE Bryce Aguirre is in the running for District MVP, he is on pace for about 1,000 yards rushing and a double digit sacks. Sophomore TB speedster Broussard and Freshman TB talent Victorian usually get most the talk. 

#1 Watson from Deweyville is hands down the District MVP, the kid has 977 yards in 7 games and has 2 games left against Burkeville and High Island..... and is a huge piece to a defense that has only given up 183 yards total in district.

11 minutes ago, Panthers87 said:

#1 Watson from Deweyville is hands down the District MVP, the kid has 977 yards in 7 games and has 2 games left against Burkeville and High Island..... and is a huge piece to a defense that has only given up 183 yards a game in district.

Probably be between him and #23 Aguirre. The HD DE may be in line for an All-State honor. There has been a few non HD fans post about #23, kid is a beast. Not sure about Aguirre’s yards at FB, I know he rushed for 250 yards in one game, averages well over 100 a game, he may be over 1,000 now. To be honest I thought #32 was the best DV back, kid is a specimen. 

4 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Probably be between him and #23 Aguirre. The HD DE may be in line for an All-State honor. There has been a few non HD fans post about #23, kid is a beast. Not sure about Aguirre’s yards at FB, I know he rushed for 250 yards in one game, averages well over 100 a game, he may be over 1,000 now. 

All-State?? If a DE from the district gets that honor it would be #5 Ryan Bland, no one has blocked him all year. I don't remember #23 or #8 (whichever number he'll be this week) making plays like #5 Bland did all night in the match up against each other.

1 minute ago, Panthers87 said:

All-State?? If a DE from the district gets that honor it would be #5 Ryan Bland, no one has blocked him all year. I don't remember #23 or #8 (whichever number he'll be this week) making plays like #5 Bland did all night in the match up against each other.

Don’t take my word on it, Jolly Roger and a few other non Bobcat fans have mentioned the HD DE. We did wear alternative numbers against y’all lol. 

22 minutes ago, Panthers87 said:

Congrats to DV and HD: 

409Sports Toughest To Score On
(Points Surrendered Per Game)
1. West Orange-Stark (5.7)
2. Woodville (12.6)
3. Deweyville (14.3)
4. Orangefield (15.3)
5. Hull-Daisetta (15.7)
#409Sports #txhsfb

4 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Congrats to DV and HD: 

409Sports Toughest To Score On
(Points Surrendered Per Game)
1. West Orange-Stark (5.7)
2. Woodville (12.6)
3. Deweyville (14.3)
4. Orangefield (15.3)
5. Hull-Daisetta (15.7)
#409Sports #txhsfb

So you post this..... REALLY.

Take out  Pathetic Baptist from Pasadena, West Hardin 6 Man , and Burkeville then you guys are giving up 25-26 points per game.

LOL...... Deweyville is ahead of you .  They took you guys to the woodshed

8 hours ago, Panthers87 said:

#1 Watson from Deweyville is hands down the District MVP, the kid has 977 yards in 7 games and has 2 games left against Burkeville and High Island..... and is a huge piece to a defense that has only given up 183 yards total in district.

Aguirre is hands down the district MVP. He’s a top 3-4 offensive player and the BEST defensive player in the district by a mile. Watson should be the front runner for offensive MVP and he is a solid defensive player. Aguirre hasn’t been blocked one on one that I’ve seen all season and he’s probably nearing the 800 yard rushing total too if i just had to guess. He’s about 6’2 230lbs and is a force on both sides of the ball. Victorian actually might get some run for that too but it’s doubtful since he’s a freshman. I know we’re talking about district only competition but I’m pretty sure he has about 12-13 rushing TD’s, 4 receiving TD’s, 5 interceptions (two of those returned for touchdowns) and a kickoff return for a score. Kid packs the stat sheet every Friday. And i wouldnt Be surprised at all if Aguirre is all-state at DE. 

8 hours ago, Panthers87 said:

And Bland couldn’t hold his jock strap much less block him one on one. #5 didn’t have to go against him on defense because Aguirre plays RB. 

And if you don’t remember #8 Aguirre (against DV, normally #23) take a glance at this quick recap video from the HD vs DV game.  The first play shows Aguirre running right past Bland for a 23 yard gain. And the very last play he’s lined up at TE and blocks Bland 5 yards downfield. Just sayin...

This is the hidden content, please

11 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

And if you don’t remember #8 Aguirre (against DV, normally #23) take a glance at this quick recap video from the HD vs DV game.  The first play shows Aguirre running right past Bland for a 23 yard gain. And the very last play he’s lined up at TE and blocks Bland 5 yards downfield. Just sayin...

This is the hidden content, please

Well I don't know if your eye sight is that bad, but they run away from Bland on every play besides the last one. He gets one play on 3rd and a mile good job buddy, go ask around Evadale's 2 Qbs and ya'lls Qb if they wanna line up against #5 again. Deweyville's weak side blocked Aguirre downfield all night....

9 minutes ago, Panthers87 said:

Well I don't know if your eye sight is that bad, but they run away from Bland on every play besides the last one. He gets one play on 3rd and a mile good job buddy, go ask around Evadale's 2 Qbs and ya'lls Qb if they wanna line up against #5 again. Deweyville's weak side blocked Aguirre downfield all night....

Ok lol. I’m pretty sure Evadale’s QB will remember Aguirre. He had 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 6 tackles for loss. Honestly I’m not saying Bland is not a really good player. He’s an impressive athlete with great size. He’s just not the player Aguirre is from what I saw. Easily a first team all-district pick at DE for sure though. If Aguirre doesn’t win overall district MVP it’ll be a travesty. No other player in the district has that type of impact on both sides of the ball. 

19 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Ok lol. I’m pretty sure Evadale’s QB will remember Aguirre. He had 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 6 tackles for loss. Honestly I’m not saying Bland is not a really good player. He’s an impressive athlete with great size. He’s just not the player Aguirre is from what I saw. Easily a first team all-district pick at DE for sure though. If Aguirre doesn’t win overall district MVP it’ll be a travesty. No other player in the district has that type of impact on both sides of the ball. 

Amen! Agreed!

13 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Aguirre is hands down the district MVP. He’s a top 3-4 offensive player and the BEST defensive player in the district by a mile. Watson should be the front runner for offensive MVP and he is a solid defensive player. Aguirre hasn’t been blocked one on one that I’ve seen all season and he’s probably nearing the 800 yard rushing total too if i just had to guess. He’s about 6’2 230lbs and is a force on both sides of the ball. Victorian actually might get some run for that too but it’s doubtful since he’s a freshman. I know we’re talking about district only competition but I’m pretty sure he has about 12-13 rushing TD’s, 4 receiving TD’s, 5 interceptions (two of those returned for touchdowns) and a kickoff return for a score. Kid packs the stat sheet every Friday. And i wouldnt Be surprised at all if Aguirre is all-state at DE. 

The district champ will likely get the MVP.  And there usually aren't many players that make All State anymore that aren't on teams with playoff runs.  Maybe he makes it and congrats if so.. but politics usually wins.