#8 Auburn at #17 Texas A&M

PhatMack19

5 hours ago, Holman said:

Whom would you rank ahead of them?

Asking for a friend.

I think Auburn is a solid team and could get a lot better.  There’s a big difference between playing a seasoned vet at LSU like Burrow and a freshman like Nix.  I will say the kid appears to have a ton of heart but he looks like a freshman at times.  Although I’m not sure he doesn’t look better at this stage than Sam did 2 years ago.  He certainly makes less mistakes.  But he’s not near where he needs to be for Auburn to win the SEC.  If ends up as good as his dad was, he’s going to be a stud. 

But i will say Auburn has to be top 10 now based on their record including a win over a solid Oregon team. 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:18 PM, baddog said:

I don’t see how Auburn can be ranked so high. Not impressed.

21 hours ago, Holman said:

Whom would you rank ahead of them?

Asking for a friend.

20 hours ago, baddog said:

Wisconsin, Florida, or even my Longhorns. We have a loss but it is one of those quality losses. Maybe Auburn is better than they showed in this game.

My friend wonders that a home win over  a  ranked Michigan team, in the case for Wisconsin, a team Army had on the ropes, carries more weight than Auburn's two road wins over ranked teams. Don't forget Auburn beat 3-1 Tulane

My friend wonders that Florida's 4 wins over teams, 3 of which were at home, and with none of the opponents having winning record, carries more weight than Auburn's two road wins against ranked teams. Don't forget Auburn 3-1 Tulane.

My friend wonders that you give more credit to Texas for losing, although to a very good team, than you give credit to Auburn for beating two ranked teams on the road. Don't forget Auburn beat 3-1 Tulane

42 minutes ago, Holman said:

My friend wonders that a home win over  a  ranked Michigan team, in the case for Wisconsin, a team Army had on the ropes, carries more weight than Auburn's two road wins over ranked teams. Don't forget Auburn beat 3-1 Tulane

My friend wonders that Florida's 4 wins over teams, 3 of which were at home, and with none of the opponents having winning record, carries more weight than Auburn's two road wins against ranked teams. Don't forget Auburn 3-1 Tulane.

My friend wonders that you give more credit to Texas for losing, although to a very good team, than you give credit to Auburn for beating two ranked teams on the road. Don't forget Auburn beat 3-1 Tulane

Your friend sure asks a lot of questions. Lol. Their only road games were Clemson and Aggie. They lost to Clemson. Beat ranked Oregon at home. Just wasn’t impressed with their play. 

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Auburn has not played Clemson. Auburn is 4-0

The Oregon game was in Dallas, not at Auburn.

Here is what  came up when I Googled Auburn record 2019. I thought it was too many games and didn’t see the date. If the Oregon game was in Dallas, is that considered a road game? How about neutral site?

This is the hidden content, please

46 minutes ago, baddog said:

Here is what  came up when I Googled Auburn record 2019. I thought it was too many games and didn’t see the date. If the Oregon game was in Dallas, is that considered a road game? How about neutral site?

This is the hidden content, please

So where did you get Clemson with that search? I would consider any game not at home a road game.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So where did you get Clemson with that search? I would consider any game not at home a road game.

Click on Auburn. Neutral site takes away the advantage of of the opposition"s being at home. Both are on the road, but a road win suggests playing in their house. It’s the whole reasoning behind a neutral site. We could argue this point forever.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Click on Auburn. Neutral site takes away the advantage of of the opposition"s being at home. Both are on the road, but a road win suggests playing in their house. It’s the whole reasoning behind a neutral site. We could argue this point forever.

I would agree.  Red River Rivalry isn’t a home game or away game.  Literally as neutral as you can get.  Neutral games deserve their own classification.  Unless it’s like LSU playing a game in New Orleans.  Then it might as well be a home game.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 10:57 AM, Holman said:

Can I rank Florida ahead of Auburn now?