Png WR Keynel McZeal verbally commits to…….

Is he going to play TE for PNG this year like he will in college, or will PNG try to keep him split out since they really don't use a TE? He must have showed very well at camp yesterday to receive a committable offer. Good thing is that A&M has two kids playing TE right now that they probably hoped would never have to see the field, in SEC depth there's probably not a better situation he could've hoped for. Congrats to him.

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Is he going to play TE for PNG this year like he will in college, or will PNG try to keep him split out since they really don't use a TE? He must have showed very well at camp yesterday to receive a committable offer. Good thing is that A&M has two kids playing TE right now that they probably hoped would never have to see the field, in SEC depth there's probably not a better situation he could've hoped for. Congrats to him.

I was thinking about that very thing last night after he committed. 

I am told he did great as a DE at the LSU camp 

think about put on 40 pounds make him 260/270 still fast.  

But Fairyclothe will probably keep him as a wide out to help his passing agenda 

hopefully Larry can pull an athlete out to continue his winning games agenda 

7 straight?????????? 

7 hours ago, Whoa said:

I am told he did great as a DE at the LSU camp 

think about put on 40 pounds make him 260/270 still fast.  

But Fairyclothe will probably keep him as a wide out to help his passing agenda 

hopefully Larry can pull an athlete out to continue his winning games agenda 

7 straight?????????? 

LSU must of seen him catch and moved him to defense.

On June 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

From everything I red A&M is looking at taking 2 TEs this cycle...one on in-line and one as a split out.  Today they picked up a commitment from Cameron Horry (son of former NBA player Robert Horry) who is 6'5" 260 lbs.  Based off of that it looks like they plan on McZeal being the split out with Horry as an in-line

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, KABrother said:

From everything I red A&M is looking at taking 2 TEs this cycle...one on in-line and one as a split out.  Today they picked up a commitment from Cameron Horry (son of former NBA player Robert Horry) who is 6'5" 260 lbs.  Based off of that it looks like they plan on McZeal being the split out with Horry as an in-line

The only thing I would say to that is A&M's top TE target is most likely Kedrick James out of La Vega now that Wright seems to be solid to Notre Dame. Even though two TE's are committed there's no way A&M wouldn't still accept a commitment from James which might put one of the two already committed in a predicament unless they think Horry has a chance to grow into a tackle.   

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The only thing I would say to that is A&M's top TE target is most likely Kedrick James out of La Vega now that Wright seems to be solid to Notre Dame. Even though two TE's are committed there's no way A&M wouldn't still accept a commitment from James which might put one of the two already committed in a predicament unless they think Horry has a chance to grow into a tackle.   

Wouldn't disagree about James being thier top target.  Quotes from Horry I have read said A&M wants him at TE...but you never know if they could be just spouting off what the kid wants to hear. You just hope if A&M continues to pursue James and get him they don't "encourage" McZeal to look around...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:34 PM, dBerrySports said:

From what I remember of McZeal, he can make the incredible catch but isn't consistent catching the easy passes. If he can shore that up, he's already a matchup nightmare. He'll be that much better.

you are exactly right. Kid has so much potential that it isn't even funny. Sad thing is he drops more than he catches. Hopefully he will get it together and became the force that he should be. Congrats on the verbal but lets just focus on two hands on the ball, and not letting it  hit your chest! One catch at a time.