Clemson @ Aggie

Tigers2010

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A Clemson fans experience:

This is the hidden content, please

This was a very neat weekend in Aggie-land. I’ve honestly never seen two fan bases interact with one better than these two schools. I camped out Friday night outside Kyle Field, for College Gameday on Saturday morning. All night Clemson people walked pass and drive by. Stopping to talk to us and saying they’ve followed Clemson all around the country and this was their favorite place, yet. Some stopped and asked if we could show them all the chants we do throughout the games. And in line with us was a guy who tried out to be a yell leader, so he knew all the hand signals. It as very cool. I even saw Clemson fans participating in the War Hymm several different times throughout the weekend. And this was even before Saturday’s game. Midnight Yell had atleast 1000 Clemson fans in attendance, and they were absolutely flabbergasted by the event. On Saturday it was even crazier. I have to say Clemson fans were nearly as genuine as A&M fans. But they honestly could not get over how nice and polite the people were here. Being my first big weekend actually interacting with fans all weekend, it’s going to take a lot to top this. It was neat for me, as I have family who live just outside of Clemson, South Carolina. I grew up loving the Tigers, after my first trip to the campus. I can testify to this man’s post, it was a special weekend in Aggieland outside of football. 

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That’s pretty good.   Question:  do you know what the two most watched college football games of all time have in common?  Hint:  they both involve the same team.   And in all fairness USC was involved in two of the top 3.  But the most watched had almost 5 million more viewers than No. 2 ( and both had more than 30 million viewers).  

But I would say 4 million sets of eyeballs in a loss is still banner-worthy in some places.  

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

That’s pretty good.   Question:  do you know what the two most watched college football games of all time have in common?  Hint:  they both involve the same team.   And in all fairness USC was involved in two of the top 3.  But the most watched had almost 5 million more viewers than No. 2 ( and both had more than 30 million viewers).  

But I would say 4 million sets of eyeballs in a loss is still banner-worthy in some places.  

Are you comparing the National championship game on network tv to a regular season game on cable?  I guess whatever makes you feel better.  

The Super Bowl out drew last weeks Cowboys game btw

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Are you comparing the National championship game on network tv to a regular season game on cable?  I guess whatever makes you feel better.  

The Super Bowl out drew last weeks Cowboys game btw

No just pointing out that when talking about ratings, no one tops your daddy.   The game last weekend had almost as many viewers as the difference between the most viewed and second most viewed games of all time, both of which involved your daddy.  

On 9/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

The point of my post was that a prediction was made about the USC/tu game this week will draw a bigger TV audience than what the Clemson/A&M game did.

Just was posting the fact for future comparison this week.

We will see.

Looks like I was wrong.   tOSU-TCU drew 7.1 million viewers based on the overnight numbers while Texas-USC drew 2.63m.  In fairness, I didn’t consider that USC might not be competitive.  I expected a really good game which might draw numbers closer to the 11.1 million viewers who tuned into Texas-ND a few years ago.  But at least TCU continues to be an upgrade for our conference....

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

With Bryant demoted to 2nd team (and now transferring), that means aggy got beat by a back up.

A&M would have won without Bryant.  Lawrence is a better pure QB and a probably future top 5 draft pick, but in that game Bryant played better.  

The new redshirt rules are playing a part in this happening now.  It’s going to be interesting how teams and players use this rule to their advantage going forward.  If Lawrence gets hurt, Clemson is in a bind though.

2 of the starting QB’s from last years CFP have now been benched for younger Qb’s that are better pure passers.  

Bryant- 14-2 as a starter

Hurts- 26-2

Both should be available for teams to pick up next for next season. 

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M would have won without Bryant.  Lawrence is a better pure QB and a probably future top 5 draft pick, but in that game Bryant played better.  

The new redshirt rules are playing a part in this happening now.  It’s going to be interesting how teams and players use this rule to their advantage going forward.  If Lawrence gets hurt, Clemson is in a bind though.

2 of the starting QB’s from last years CFP have now been benched for younger Qb’s that are better pure passers.  

Bryant- 14-2 as a starter

Hurts- 26-2

Both should be available for teams to pick up next for next season. 

If Looch says it, it must be true.