Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dillonpanthers

Coldspring open

117 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, idk said:

So has anyone found out if Miles has even applied. What is it going to say if he doesn't?

That Coldspring should call Chip Keel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 0:26 PM, oldschool2 said:

Jims and Joes > Xs and Os.  Every time.

Check out the replay of Dallas Highland Park beating the Manvel Mavericks in the SC game. Manvel was one of, if not THE most athletic teams in TX last year. Highland Park might have been the least athletic State Champion. It was not even close in athleticism. The Xs and Os beat the Jims and Joes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Check out the replay of Dallas Highland Park beating the Manvel Mavericks in the SC game. Manvel was one of, if not THE most athletic teams in TX last year. Highland Park might have been the least athletic State Champion. It was not even close in athleticism. The Xs and Os beat the Jims and Joes.

I watched every second of the game.  Highland Park had 6 seniors that signed to play D1 football..including a quarterback that signed with an SEC school.  Yeah just because they didn't seem as though they were as fast as Manvel DOES NOT mean they didn't have an athletic team as well.  They had athletes all over the field too.  Give me a break.

90yshallow and Tigers2010 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Check out the replay of Dallas Highland Park beating the Manvel Mavericks in the SC game. Manvel was one of, if not THE most athletic teams in TX last year. Highland Park might have been the least athletic State Champion. It was not even close in athleticism. The Xs and Os beat the Jims and Joes.

Just because HP had a bunch of white dudes, does not mean they were "the least athletic State Champion." That is one of the dumbest things I have read on here. How you could watch that game and come away thinking HP was not athletic is ridiculous. 

yepyep likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Do we have an Announcement to make?

Shepherd has a job posted on THSCA, but the contact person is NOT Miles Robison?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

 

Just because HP had a bunch of white dudes, does not mean they were "the least athletic State Champion." That is one of the dumbest things I have read on here. How you could watch that game and come away thinking HP was not athletic is ridiculous. 

There's not a football coach in Texas (5A and down) that would have a problem with that "nonathletic" team that HP had.  Not one.

The Icon and Tigers2010 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Do we have an Announcement to make?

Shepherd has a job posted on THSCA, but the contact person is NOT Miles Robison?

They have to go thru the principal of the school they are getting hired at. Miles is involved trust me. As far as I know that is always how the hiring process has been done in Shepherd. I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

There's not a football coach in Texas (5A and down) that would have a problem with that "nonathletic" team that HP had.  Not one.

Facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets set up a track meet between Highland Park and Manvel, including field events. OK, wise guys, lets do this and place your bets. 

I wonder how many Scots would place in the top ten 100 meter results? Maybe 1 or 2? If that? 

FAIL. 

 , 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Lets set up a track meet between Highland Park and Manvel, including field events. OK, wise guys, lets do this and place your bets. 

I wonder how many Scots would place in the top ten 100 meter results? Maybe 1 or 2? If that? 

FAIL. 

 , 

 

fast =/= athleticism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Lets set up a track meet between Highland Park and Manvel, including field events. OK, wise guys, lets do this and place your bets. 

I wonder how many Scots would place in the top ten 100 meter results? Maybe 1 or 2? If that? 

FAIL. 

 , 

 

Matt Stafford prolly wouldn’t beat a lot of Manvel Mavericks in a race to this day, but is a better NFL quarterback than anyone they’ve put out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Matt Stafford prolly wouldn’t beat a lot of Manvel Mavericks in a race to this day, but is a better NFL quarterback than anyone they’ve put out. 

I agree, but that was not the question. 

BTW, Trivia Question:

Who is the reigning 5A State Track Champions? 

I'll give OS and Tiger2010 a hint..........It ain't the Highland Park Scots!"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I agree, but that was not the question. 

BTW, Trivia Question:

Who is the reigning 5A State Track Champions? 

I'll give OS and Tiger2010 a hint..........It ain't the Highland Park Scots!"  

Which team has more State Championships in Football? Manvel or Highland Park...

waltersobchak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Lets set up a track meet between Highland Park and Manvel, including field events. OK, wise guys, lets do this and place your bets. 

I wonder how many Scots would place in the top ten 100 meter results? Maybe 1 or 2? If that? 

FAIL. 

 , 

 

1

Silsbee had faster kids than Carthage...how did their football game work out?

Speaking of..I thought we were referring to the football state championship game.  Was the original question asked about HP vs Manvel in a track meet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GringoChulo said:

Please stay on topic. 

It took 2 posts to redirect us?

Why don't you update us on the Coldspring situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone update us on if Robinson even applied. The word I get is he hasn't applied for the job!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Icon said:

Which team has more State Championships in Football? Manvel or Highland Park...

Again, that was not the question, but it does support my point. . 

HP's Xs and Os beat Manvels Jims and Joes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Silsbee had faster kids than Carthage...how did their football game work out?

Speaking of..I thought we were referring to the football state championship game.  Was the original question asked about HP vs Manvel in a track meet?

When challenged about the relative athleticism between HP and Manvel, the track meet analogy would be very good metric to apply. Manvel would smoke HP out of the meet, proving their athletic dominance, but Highland Park's Xs and Os (and grit) won the SC! 

This is so easy a caveman could understand it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0