San Augustine peeps, need your help

AggiesAreWe

24 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

What route are you taking? 

Because I live on the northwest side of Silsbee, thinking about taking 69 to Zavalla, then take 147 to SA.

But I'm open to go a different way if it puts me at a good place to eat on the way. I do prefer to take in a place in town if all possible.

Mary Kay’s in SA is very good.  Go through the Hwy 21 intersection and it’s about 1/4 mile on right.  Can’t beat the chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken.  That’s about your only option.  They do have a place on th square, the Pinto Bean, or something likely that.

Not much besides that.  Only other option would be stop in Jasper.

3 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Mary Kay’s in SA is very good.  Go through the Hwy 21 intersection and it’s about 1/4 mile on right.  Can’t beat the chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken.  That’s about your only option.  They do have a place on th square, the Pinto Bean, or something likely that.

Not much besides that.  Only other option would be stop in Jasper.

Had my fill of Jasper spots. Looking for other options.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have eaten at Dean's many times. Good food, just out of the way on this trip.

I have eaten at every dive around my favorite hangout (Rayburn) and Deans is my favorite. However Mary Kays is not a bad option. Carlenes in Zavalla is not a bad option for a buffet...

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I have eaten at every dive around my favorite hangout (Rayburn) and Deans is my favorite. However Mary Kays is not a bad option. Carlenes in Zavalla is not a bad option for a buffet...

Really wanted to eat in SA to make it more convenient. Looks like Mary Kay's is the place for me.

2 hours ago, no-look said:

Zavalla is only 13 miles from Deans. I eat there about 5 times a week. They have good fried foods but I can't get past the soul food line. Lol

I cant get past the homemade apple pies!!!! My perfect weekend is.... PNG wins Friday, I have adult beverages on the way to the lake and talk smack to Pakronos on the way while I make my wife drive.... Wake up catch some fish, then go to Deans for Lunch.......... 

16 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I cant get past the homemade apple pies!!!! My perfect weekend is.... PNG wins Friday, I have adult beverages on the way to the lake and talk smack to Pakronos on the way while I make my wife drive.... Wake up catch some fish, then go to Deans for Lunch.......... 

What part of the lake or u on Stat