Woodville 48 Kountze 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

District 11-3A-I play continues tonight for the Woodville Eagles as they host the Kountze Lions!  Ty Robinson's Eagles, 6-1 on the season, improved to 4-0 in district play last week with a 43-14 win over Buna on Friday.  Meanwhile, the Lions, 1-4 on the season, stand at 0-3 in district after falling to Buna two weeks ago, 36-14.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Eagle Stadium in Woodville beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Woodville Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

I did think they were top 10 good but only on offense. OUR defense is  !!!!! Worse than can be described. They will say we had injuries we played back ups the whole second half. For the most part the core guys were in the game. No outside containment and no pass defense and by the way did anyone see the futile pass attempts when we did decide to pass. And the band member that cut her face open. The whole thing was a huge embarrassment.

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

I did think they were top 10 good but only on offense. OUR defense is  !!!!! Worse than can be described. They will say we had injuries we played back ups the whole second half. For the most part the core guys were in the game. No outside containment and no pass defense and by the way did anyone see the futile pass attempts when we did decide to pass. And the band member that cut her face open. The whole thing was a huge embarrassment.

I really hope you're a staff member, coach, or member of the school board. Because if you're complaining this much about our athletic program and not attempting to change it for the better in any way, then you're the biggest part of the problem. Negativity within a small community like ours is what kills our schools' ability to motivate kids to do better and succeed. No, they didn't play well at all last night. Trust me, they understand that and their coaches will make very clear for the next two weeks that it was unacceptable. "Worse than can be described"? Seriously? Last time I checked, the goal for every defense was to hold their opponent to less points than their own offense can score. So, just by using common football sense, they were at the very least sufficient enough to get a win. Was it good enough to accomplish the goals that this team has set got themselves? No, absolutely not. Were they anywhere near "bad" in any way, shape, or form? Not even close. Substandard is a very accurate and appropriate description of their defense last night. "Bad" defenses lose games. Bad defenses, much like some we've had in the past, lose games like the one last night. Maybe if more people in this community would support and uplift our programs or start putting effort into teaching them how to be better, instead of complaining and shaming when things go wrong, then maybe the kids would be motivated enough to take that next step and become an elite program. 

Ever heard the phrase "It's a bad day, not a bad life." Well, it was a bad game, not a bad season. A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win. Don't negate that accomplishment in the minds of these kids by criticizing them on here. They read this stuff all the time and post on here from time to time too. 

As for the band member who was injured during the halftime performance....accidents happen. If it was embarrassing for you to sit there and watch it, can you imagine how embarrassing it was for that teenage girl to have it happen on the field, knowing that every single person in the stadium is watching you the entire time? But you're embarrassed, right? Please just consider how what you're saying on here will be perceived by and how it will effect the confidence of these kids. 

"Do not, through any of your actions,  do or say anything that may cause them to doubt the value of competitive athletics." They say it over the speakers before every game for a reason.

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yes they are good. But as some people think they are top 10 in 3A good. Not true 

I'm still waiting on the 9 teams in 3AD1 that you feel very confidently would beat Woodville. I'll give you Malakoff, Yoakum, Brock, Wall, and Halletsville, although Halletsville is very questionable. But those are the top 5 in DCTF, so I'll give you those. I'm in a debating mood today, if you can't tell. Haha 

Also, Kountze has an above average and very athletic backfield. If they get an offensive line, they will be tough. 

3 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I'm still waiting on the 9 teams in 3AD1 that you feel very confidently would beat Woodville. I'll give you Malakoff, Yoakum, Brock, Wall, and Halletsville, although Halletsville is very questionable. But those are the top 5 in DCTF, so I'll give you those. I'm in a debating mood today, if you can't tell. Haha 

Also, Kountze has an above average and very athletic backfield. If they get an offensive line, they will be tough. 

Dang, I was really wondering how Kountze scored 30 points in the second half. I figured maybe Woodville got ahead and pulled some players and the momentum changed (fumbles or interceptions). I wasn't expecting all this commotion. LOL Woodville has a very talented team and time will tell where they should be ranked. Maybe Kountze did them a  favor and showed them what they need to work on for the playoff's. Good luck to both teams. Heck I still don't know what happen the second half. LOL 

4 hours ago, longball24 said:

I stand by everything I said. Hurt feelings or not the truth is the truth your opinion is yours mine is mine. Your way of thinking is why Woodville has been a punching bag for 30+ years . By the way add Rockdale McGregor Franklin and Jefferson to your list. 

No, the reason we've been average as long as we have is because we have a bunch of disgruntled people who sit back and complain about things, but sit on the back pew and refuse to do anything about it. But you're absolutely right. We both said what we needed to say. Consider it dropped. 

As for the list you puffed out of thin air lol 2 out of 4 I consider legitimate. Rockdale, Franklin, and Jefferson are all legit and make good cases. McGregor......what is your reasoning on that one? They're a good team, don't get me wrong. I just don't think anybody can look at them and say for almost 100% certainty they can for sure beat Woodville. 

As someone who stayed, when 70% of the large crowd left shortly after halftime, I can say the second half pts showed what poor tackling will do.  I'm sure Coach will address this as I have seen first-hand the coaching staff put emphasis on correcting some of the simple but key techniques need to succeed at this game.  Yes the defense is suspect at times, but the offense is very explosive and will determine how far this Team will go.  Overall I am very pleased with where this program is heading, vast improvement over recent years.

As far as the drum mjr, I too didn't think much of the incident. I thought just small bump as she finished the performance like a champ. It wasn't till she almost fell off the platform that I realized that it was more serious.  I hope she is doing well.

This has happened to every single high school football program at some point when experiencing successful seasons. All you gotta do is look at the halftime score. Woodville was dominating. In complete control at 35-6. If they'd come out with the same mentality they had starting the game, they'd won 60-6...or worse. As it was though, they got over-confident, let their guard down, and eased up. This 'comeback' Kountze mounted is nothing to be concerned about. I'm very very absolutely 100% sure that Woodville will not be making the same mistake when facing tougher opponents. They will play 4 full qtrs, not 2, and they'll be just fine. 

16 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

No, the reason we've been average as long as we have is because we have a bunch of disgruntled people who sit back and complain about things, but sit on the back pew and refuse to do anything about it. But you're absolutely right. We both said what we needed to say. Consider it dropped. 

As for the list you puffed out of thin air lol 2 out of 4 I consider legitimate. Rockdale, Franklin, and Jefferson are all legit and make good cases. McGregor......what is your reasoning on that one? They're a good team, don't get me wrong. I just don't think anybody can look at them and say for almost 100% certainty they can for sure beat Woodville. 

I’m like 90% sure Woodville would lose to every top 10 team.