Newton looking for 2018 games

hattie

21 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's all fun and games until you lose a key player or two for the year in what would later be called a "meaningless" pre-season game against a tough school. 

I didn’t mean it would be beneficial to actually play it.  I meant it would do more for preparing...if that’s what they want. I personally  think it wouldn’t actually be smart.  I’ve seen schools schedule games for “preparation” and schools schedule games for “wins”.  In the end I don’t think it matters about preparing.  Winning does as much or more than preparation.  So long as they aren’t blowout wins.

its better to have your kids play competitively for 2 or 3 quarters then let them rest and backups get experience.  In my opinion that’s better than having your starters endure a dogfight for an entire game in which they may or may not win.

10 minutes ago, Tigerfan24 said:

No trolling going on ... just stating my opinions 

Ok.... I'll bite, one time though.

1.You can't possibly believe that a Texas Longhorn commit is not a good quarterback, at least good enough to score 6 points on Vidor. 

2. You can't possibly believe that Livingston is about to beat PAM this week.

3. No way you think, Newton would get run off the field by WOS this year.

4. No possible way you believe the same WOS team that would blow out Newton, is about to lose to HJ this week.

5. No possible way you believe a kicker that just got recruited by the best high school in the country isn't any good.

5....5 idiotic "opinions" in a matter of 1 hour is not a coincidence. You either have very little football knowledge, or you are a troll.

I'll go with the latter.