Irma...

wo-s#1

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm on your tail.  This thing looks like it would cover the gulf if it doesn't stay out.  Bigger than Ike. 

What impresses me most is how well organized it is.  Perfect circle.  Perfect eye.  Harvey was a big rainmaker, and spread out to the east.  Irma looks like a giant tornado.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I'm on your tail.  This thing looks like it would cover the gulf if it doesn't stay out.  Bigger than Ike. 

She hasn't hit warm Gulf water yet. They are predicting a Cat 3 after hitting Cuba. That can save a lot of lives and structures right there. Like some idiots in this country, I can't wish this on anyone no matter who they are. Just don't come here right now. We have already been devastated. 

Jose right behind Irma and will take a similar path just a tad more easterly.

54 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I saw this.  I am like BSWildcats in that especially after this last storm, I am hesitant to trust forecasters, not because they aren't good but how because how unpredictable weather can be.  Everything I'm seeing now has been great news for us though.  Anyone seeing any models putting this monstrosity in the gulf?

On another note, I think we should be mindful to pray for those folks who will definitely be affected by this storm.  I have a cousin and his family who are missionaries in Puerto Rico. 

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

And we get stuck with republican idiots as governor

My God you're an idiot. The relief effort in Texas is unmatched. The C130s and choppers, the gas supplies that were trucked in (yes, some stations were out but I always found some with little effort). The free water, ice, food, stores open to get essentials. What can you complain about? The fact that the governor himself didn't hand you a check? What a crybaby. You should move to Florida.

14 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I just saw some of the looting on the news, and it brought a question to mind.  Maybe tobie or big girl could answer it.  Is the looting a product of white privilege or slavery?  Could it be both?

They were probably just looking out for their families, even though you can't eat a Nike. Saw where they got busted.