Again, Time To Eliminate Federal Departments.

Reagan

Just heard that President Trump is considering what I've been advocating for years doing:  He's talking about eliminating the Departments of Education and Energy.  The Dept. of Education was a payoff to the teachers unions for their delegate support when he was running for President.  The budget I heard was 50 BILLION dollars.  They have around 4,500 employees making around 105,000 dollars each.  The Constitution does not allow for this. Each State has an Educational Department.  It's supposed to be a State and local situation.  The Department of Energy was originally to get us off of foreign oil.  That never happened.  So, again, not needed.  It's grown to an enormous size.  No doubt giving good jobs at taxpayer expense, again.

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Just heard that President Trump is considering what I've been advocating for years doing:  He's talking about eliminating the Departments of Education and Energy.  The Dept. of Education was a payoff to the teachers unions for their delegate support when he was running for President.  The budget I heard was 50 BILLION dollars.  They have around 4,500 employees making around 105,000 dollars each.  The Constitution does not allow for this. Each State has an Educational Department.  It's supposed to be a State and local situation.  The Department of Energy was originally to get us off of foreign oil.  That never happened.  So, again, not needed.  It's grown to an enormous size.  No doubt giving good jobs at taxpayer expense, again.

If Trump follows through on this then he will be around 1/100th of the way of cutting what needs to be cut in the Federal government. Still a long way to go, but a good start.